• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Very Important Discussion ( must read )

bEnZo bUdDyY

Bluelighter
Now I was born in 1988 this really involves people born from 87-93. In the 90s they majorly used the drugs Ritalin and Adderall on kids that were not doing good in school, hyper behavior, also bad behavior. I was one of those kids ... and was misdiagnosed and prescribed Ritalin in the 3rd grade. All the medicaction did was cause horrible side effects like, not being able to sleep at night, loss of appetite and weight, irrability so much that when my mom would give them to me Id spit them out and throw them away, and can you only imagine what it did to my young developing brain ... Anyways After a few weeks I talked with my mom and we discontinued the medicaction. But this was their answer back then to a lot of things due to lack of knowledge of mental health problems. Then about 2 or 3 years later what do you know I develop a rare heart disease called Kawasaki Disease and literally almost died due to doctors just saying it was the flu, it took going to a big city ER to finally find out something was seriously wrong, as I was getting an ultrasound on my heart the seen two main arteries were seriously enflammed, and I had to be administered to the hospital. I was there for at least 2weeks IV in my hand literally at one point had like 8 doctors in my room since the disease is so rare. My parents should got a lawsuit on them punkass little doctors saying it was the flu but they didnt, dont ask me why so stupid could of probaley got millions, but this is not the point of this thread. I dont know forsure if the Ritalin forsure was the cause for the heart disease but I strongly feel it was but anyways ...

Now back to the Ritalin thing and the late 80s and earliest 90 babys, now I went on in life made a full recovery played ice hockey everything, was a great athlete. But then drugs came into my world and unfortunately I quit playing all sports to get high with my friends. Well anyways long story short I became a heroin addict which now im on suboxone but I had a good 5-6year run with heroin and of course all that comes with that lifestyle. Well anyways while incarcerated i remember asking 6 other heroin addicts if when they were younger were they on Ritalin or Adderall and they all said yes shits crazy so I had to bring this discussion to BL to see if we can get down to the bottom of this question, were you ever on Ritalin or Adderall and then became a heroin addict or really an addict all around, even my wife also on suboxone now also took Ritalin or Adderall when she was younger...

So I bring this question to BL for any and all open discussion about this subject
thankyou.

Never was prescribed Ritalin or Adderall while younger (born in '88 as well) but I've always felt I should have been. I actually used to get it from Tijuana when younger and take it in the way a normal person would be prescribed. But honestly, I don't think that those with ADD or ADHD all become heroin addicts, although are they more likely to? Probably. I think that sort of recreational addiction comes from a sort of not 'character flaw' per say but not something quite normal about us either... hard to say.

And for the Kawasaki disease, I have no experience but I seriously doubt it was the Adderall man. If anything, from what little I read it seems to do more with bacteria than anything else. I'm not saying your wrong, I'm sure you know way more about it than I do.

Now before I begin I want to quote you, then answer your quote "But honestly, I don't think that those with ADD or ADHD all become heroin addicts."Ok now I completely agree with you about people having ADD or ADHD not all becoming heroin addicts ... BUTTTTTTT you missed the main reason of the thread, doctors misdiagnosed during the 80s amd 90s due to lack of information, and knowledge, and basically have Ritalin and Adderall out for a lot of things, back then that was their answer drug to a lot of kid problems which affected our young developing brain and body, but back then they gave it out like candy and even if you misbehaved in school. Shit is crazy ive done a lot of research on this and it just blows me away how doctors were then... idk

gottta go make canna butter :)
Peace.

I would actually agree with you. I think giving kids amphetamines that young throws off the system. They might not grow up to be heroin addicts but ime becomes more likely that they'll be searching for some kind of apparent altered state. I've met quite a people in the medical marijuana community who were medicated as children and now use cannabis, particularly dabs, to feel some semblance of normal.

I fell victim as I want to say or believe lol...I was born in 85 however and was put on ritalin and adderall , and with an already marijuana problem and alcohol at the 14 , they believed these 2 prescription drugs would cure my out of control behavior....sad to say, adderall and ritalin turned. E into a huge feign and drug addict and began abusing those alone and got into worse drugs over the years....I consider adderall my personal intro into hard drugs and I definitely put adderall and ritalin in the heroin and cocaine level of drugs...I believe also a lot of my anti social behavior is a result in adderall , abusing it or not I feel it's neurotoxic....anyway ....it's VERY INAPPROPIATE I feel to have people under age 18 on stimulants , you can pretty much call it meth ...idk my very little 2cents