• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Very Bad Shroom trip on 4gs ends up in hospital and 11k in bullshit bills

First off, Crazy Jose, you have some lame friends. Either they do not know shit about tripping or they really have no regard for you and your wellbeing. You probably dosed way too much for that setting and also it sounds like you were the only one tripping. I would have straight bounced from that place and just walked around and drank some gatorade and listened to the ipod.

Well you really didn't technically break any laws first of all.

It's a shame you didn't plead the fifth off gate. If you don't say those words it doesn't mean shit.

You can refuse medical treatment.

So if you had plead the fifth, refused medical treatment, and explained that you were locked out and just wanted to go home or back in your friends house you probably would have gotten a ride home or been pushed back into your friends house.

Still, it was a fucked up situation. You cannot take back what has happened so you probably just move forwards. Your lucky you didn't catch any charges.

As far as the bill, which I am sure is your biggest concern. Fuck that.

Did you ask to go to the hospital? Did they ask you if you wanted medical treatment?

If you were conscious and still talking they should have asked you? You sure have the right to refuse any medical treatment.

So I would straight call or go to the hospital and say that you did not want to be admitted and you really did not appreciate the way you were treated. I would really stress the fact that you do not have ANY money.

At worst they will try to give you financial assistance, but once again, fuck them. It would be cheaper to pay a lawyer 500 bucks to handle this for you.

Just remember they can't squeeze blood out of a stone. If you do not have health insurance and you were admitted they have a legal and ethical obligation to treat you. Obviously you got treated like an animal and I am sorry you had to go through that, but believe me when I say you are not the only one that has happened to and it could have been worse.

Seeing how shrooms are kinda a grey area at best in terms of being illegal, I would have informed them I was tripping and that I would be fine if they gave me something to chill out.

Still, you cannot change the past. We would all fuck with our time machines on a regular basis if that was the case.

But they cannot squeeze blood out of a stone and I would not give them a single penny. If they don't drop it, you are going to be in the position where you may want to advocate for yourself.

I cannot even begin to fathom where they get off sending you a bill that large for treatment you didn't benefit from. I suppose they could have said you were a danger to yourself, but that type of thing usually leads you to a 3 day involuntary commitment, which you did not get.

I really do not see how they have anything on you or you have any obligation to pay that astronomical bill in full or at all.

Now that being said, I spoke my mind on the subject quite frankly.

I am not a doctor, a lawyer, or a responsible person at all, so please take what I said with a grain of salt, but I will say this I would personally fight that bill tooth and nail. That is not advice, that is my opinion. Take what you want from what I said.

Yeah, you can have an embassy in my country.. ;)

About the bills and getting blood out of a stone, even if you are broke now... I think there will be something like 'debt restructuring', I assume in the future when you do have money/income you would have to pay installments and part of your income will be confiscated. At least that is how it works here...
It's pretty shitty but they will probably figure out some way with you.

If you said you was on shrooms they woulda hit you the lovely IV diazepam and none of that insane asylum meth behaviour BS would of taken place. You wouldn't of been a snitch other than to your mind. If you said where you got them from and who, only then would you have been a snitch LOL.

Your friends sound like cunts and uneducated on the psychedelic experience. (Aka not the right sitters) you're right.

This was both the best and the worst thing I've ever attempted to read. I enjoyed the catheter part. Your friends sound like grade A shitbeards.

Wow... ummm as an EXPERIENCED user of mushrooms I would NEVER in my life try to consume 4grams. That's just asking for a bad trip my friend. The last time I ate 3.5 grams was the last time I'd ever be so stupid. I was told to eat a gram and just went balls deep cuz, I hadn't in a long time BAAAD mistake. A comfortable ENJOYABLE dose of mushies is 1.7-2.5 grams tops in my experience.

You can't just make a broad statement that assigns a single dose to everyone. The metabolism and psychology of the trippers, the mushrooms themselves, the set/setting, the intentions of the trippers, etc all play a part. Personally, I would barely notice 1.7 g if at all. 1 g wouldn't touch me. And while 2.5 is nice , it's definitely not my optimum dose.

No, but if the TS of this thread was unexperienced before this trip you can still make statements about starting significantly lower than 4 grams being a wise idea. At this point I'm not convinced that for him 4 grams is an optimal dose. And on that note: what are we supposed to believe... that this could happen to anyone and there is no way to prevent this?

Or can we use this info to help someone else from avoiding the same mistakes, if so what was inappropriate or irresponsible about this one?

Firstly, thanks to whoever organized that into a readable format. When I first came across this thread, it was in its original form and I simply thought "there is no way I'm reading that."

OP, 4 grams of shrooms is generally considered a pretty heavy dose. I know at that dose all I'm really capable of doing is lying down, and interacting with others becomes difficult if not impossible. I would not recommend that dose to somebody new to shrooms, and no offense but something about your post tells me you're relatively inexperienced with psychs. Sorry if that came off as asshole-ish, I'm simply trying to point out that your first problem was taking too much.

But not only did you take too much, you took it in the wrong setting. Your friends sound like jerks. I will never understand why others find it funny to fuck with somebody who's tripping, even if it's clearly making them uncomfortable. Set and setting are absolutely crucial, and this entire thing just seems poorly thought out and not well planned.

With regards to your experience at the hospital, dude, I'm sorry that you went through that but honest you brought most of that on yourself by not telling them what you were on. I don't see how that's "snitching," they're not the police, they're trying to help you. Who would you be snitching on by telling them you're on shrooms? You don't have to reveal where you got them from. Had you told them you'd taken mushrooms, they most likely would have given you a big ole IV benzo dose (or something) and monitored your vitals for a while, then let you go.

Those bills do seem pretty steep, and I highly doubt you'll have to pay the whole thing, at the very least you can pay in small installments but I'm sure there's someone you can talk to about this who's more legally qualified to give you advice than I am. Best of luck and I hope you learn from your mistakes.

No, but if the TS of this thread was unexperienced before this trip you can still make statements about starting significantly lower than 4 grams being a wise idea. At this point I'm not convinced that for him 4 grams is an optimal dose. And on that note: what are we supposed to believe... that this could happen to anyone and there is no way to prevent this?

Or can we use this info to help someone else from avoiding the same mistakes, if so what was inappropriate or irresponsible about this one?

Sure, man, 4 grams is definitely too much for an inexperienced tripper, especially when his friends are such assholes. But peanut 801 said he would NEVER IN HIS LIFE take 4 grams because it's asking for a bad trip. It's just not accurate to project a personal experience or preference on everyone else. I think 4 grams could have been fine with a more appropriate set and setting, and for more experienced and/or prepared trippers it's a completely reasonable dose. This guy's dose was definitely part of the problem, but I feel like set and setting were bigger problems in this instance.

Sure, man, 4 grams is definitely too much for an inexperienced tripper, especially when his friends are such assholes. But peanut 801 said he would NEVER IN HIS LIFE take 4 grams because it's asking for a bad trip. It's just not accurate to project a personal experience or preference on everyone else. I think 4 grams could have been fine with a more appropriate set and setting, and for more experienced and/or prepared trippers it's a completely reasonable dose. This guy's dose was definitely part of the problem, but I feel like set and setting were bigger problems in this
instance.

Actually sir, personal experience is much better feedback than fucking generalization my friend, just FYI. I know ALOT proper assertive communication. Ill continue to give my personal experience as feedback, it makes more sense than generalizing. Yeah doses can vary from person to person, height, weight, metabolism, mental capacity, etc. I am very wise in these areas, and I don't really appreciate the down talk sir. I've experienced more than most, and have alot of knowledge and feedback to give dude. Drugs and alcohol have been what my life has revolved around for the passed 13 years of my life.

Actually sir, personal experience is much better feedback than fucking generalization my friend, just FYI. I know ALOT proper assertive communication. Ill continue to give my personal experience as feedback, it makes more sense than generalizing. Yeah doses can vary from person to person, height, weight, metabolism, mental capacity, etc. I am very wise in these areas, and I don't really appreciate the down talk sir. I've experienced more than most, and have alot of knowledge and feedback to give dude. Drugs and alcohol have been what my life has revolved around for the passed 13 years of my life.

Hey, no need to take it personal. Just so I understand you, though, you're saying more than 2.5 grams is unpleasant for everyone? I feel like a huge number of people would disagree with that.

Hey, no need to take it personal. Just so I understand you, though, you're saying more than 2.5 grams is unpleasant for everyone? I feel like a huge number of people would disagree with that.
Nope, didn't say that dude. Lol, I said my personal experience. I'm not making generalizations here. But the sounds of the OP's experience leads me to believe 4 grams is too much for them. Just a guess on my behalf Sounds like the typical curious high school kid that didnt know what they were getting themselves into IMO.

If you cop medicaid they will pay your outstanding debts.

It is really easy to qualify, just do not make any money. (that is on the books and even then just look up the poverty line and be below it)

Worked out pretty well for me.

Didn't read most of it, I will when i['m not so tired, but dude I went to the hospital when someone called an ambulance while i was holing on mxe, and i woke up with blood all over my naked self strapped to a hospital bed.

they shoved a tube down my dick too. and I ripped it out with the balloon still inflated. the balloon is there to hold it in place and to keep it from coming out of my urethra.

It tore the fuck out of my urethra. like ripped it open. my bladder was filled with blood and they refused to unstrap me to relieve myself because i was biting the nurses. so they strappped a diaper on me and told me to piss blood all over myself.

Pissed blood for 3 days. some of the worst pain ever every time i peed it reopened the wound.

but yeah i feel y0ur pain;

I will never understand why others find it funny to fuck with somebody who's tripping, even if it's clearly making them uncomfortable.

A friend came came over to my house when I was coming up on ~3 g Cubensis and he started trying to play mind games with me. I told him 'stop or leave, your choice'. He stopped. Not everyone has the luxury of being able to kick assholes out though, which is why set/setting is important.

OP, glad you are ok.

Tom