Taurine 1000mg

Since yesterday (after last ssri dose)
100mg slow release

45 min later
Cytoplan Wholefood multivit

1 hr before sleep)
Taurine 1000 mg

Background / history.
Just finished tapering off ssri drugs after 20 years after initial hospitalisation fir severe depression and anxiety. But after another breakdown and hospitalisation last april, i started to look deeper after having to go through a horrific time (consider ending my life at times etc. All in past now ) no one is supposed to be on antidepressants for 20 years imo. Failure on the Healthcare systems part to recognise and signpost the correct necessary psychological treatment for me but after a year of intensive psychotherapy I feel like I'm getting to the route of the issues and not trying to stick an ssri plaster over it.

Anyway heres the big issue
Was Having alot of withdrawal issues from venlafaxine in the lower doseage stages 375 to 150mg fine. 150 to 75 harder. 75 to 37.5 loads of issues but yesterday hit 0.
Today is awful. Flu like symptom, flushes, cold sweats, Brainzaps, sleep disturbances, foggy brain, difficulty concentrating, irritability, anxiety and emotional instabilty.
Wondering if nasea was taking 5htp empty stomach but i felt very sick. Worse are brainzaps etc

Might give 5htp miss tomorrow to see if it continues then try again

Considering 1000mg l tyrosine in morning and 1 slow release 100mg 5htp evening.

plan i put together was born out of reading around various alternative supplements and nootropics

Would love to hear peoples thoughts,concern's and suggestions
Especially on the debate around tyrosine and 5 htp
And whether some think l trytophan is a better alternative than 5htp

hanks in advance

Some people are weighing or counting the capsule contents and going down slowly like that. Or using a liquid form if one is available and diluting and counting that way. Another strategy is to use an SSRI with a longer half life like fluoxetine to help with withdrawal. Venlafaxine and duloxetine are probably the worst two meds to get off of, if you are prone to SSRI discontinuation syndrome.

I counted the little balls out of the capsule and found no issues stopping Effexor. After cold turkeying Zoloft I wasn't going to go through another AD withdrawal. I know it's been a few days since you posted this, how are you feeling?