Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Venlafaxin and 2C-B

theSkeptik

Greenlighter
Hi all,
Im currently on Venlafaxine (formerly called Effexor) , 375mg daily. I know that MDMA is a very bad and dangerous drug to do in combination with an SSRI or SNRI. But what about 2C-B ?
Same problem since it also acts on serotonin ? - though from what i found out so far it does that in a different way than MDMA does ?
Thanks for any infos!
Regards
theSkeptik

It's likely you'll have a decreased effect from the 2C-B as far as I know. I'm not sure of the mechanism of action of your specific SSRI, but they often cause down-regulation of the serotonin receptor over time.

Thanks! Venlafaxin is an SNRI, thought that probably doesnt matter regarding the question. On its wiki page (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venlafaxine ) it sais:
"The development of a potentially life-threatening serotonin syndrome (also more recently classified as "serotonin toxicity")[34] may occur with venlafaxine treatment, particularly with concomitant use of serotonergic drugs, including but not limited to SSRIs and SNRIs, many hallucinogens such as tryptamines and phenethylamines (e.g., LSD/LSA, DMT, MDMA, mescaline), dextromethorphan (DXM)/dextrorphan (DXO), tramadol, tapentadol, pethidine (meperidine) and triptans and with drugs that impair metabolism of serotonin (including MAOIs).
So i guess its probably not a good idea to use 2C-B whilest on it. Though it has a relatively short half life so maybe not taking my daily dose for a couple days before and after a 2C-B use could minimize potential dangers?
Thanks again