• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Veins

closeau

Bluelighter
Hi. I've put this in several other threads and can't find this IV thread. Search engine sucks. Anyway I'm shorting my Dilaudid but not getting all I can cause I have small veins. I've googled it and it's just a bunch of nurses putting in iv,s. Anyway, been using my hands and ankle but my ankle is killing me. I think I missed a hit earlier and my hands aren't much better so I've been putting neosporin on them cause I don't want people to see and be like wtf? Next is side of wrist. There's one there that used to stick out but doesn't anymore. I use heat and rubbing alcohol to try to bring them out. I have one giant vein in crook of right arm but it's really deep and nurses even miss it. Plus I'm going in for bloodwork next week and don't want marks on my arm. Basically, anywhere else I could look or any tips on bringing them out. Thanks!

I cannot hit a vein to save my life. I'm screwed cause I know how it feels when I hit one but I just tried and went to old places I know I could hit one and nothing. I spent 10 min digging for my big vein in crook. Nothing. Ankle is tore up. Only place I haven't tried is between my fingers. I'm scared I'll hit a nerve . I was up near my knuckle and hit a nerve. Still hurts. I get no drawback anywhere. I guess I should stop and heal but fuck that. Gotta be a place I missed. Tips? I've looked at maps of everywhere. I've tried the celiac vein on sides of writs and nothing. It's frustrating to see a vein and go in and nothing. I guess they roll. That was just my last one. Going to pain dr this morning. As soon as I get back I'm trying. I have nothing in my forearm despite tying off. I'm just frustrated. I had one good hit out of 4 yesterday. I'm wasting pills. It's funny cause I don't miss cause I don't get a lump and it doesn't hurt going in and when i pull out dark blood comes out I'm just not getting that rush I was. Tolerance? If hate to go to 2 pills cause I only get 6 a day. I say only but that's a lot. If anyone has some good tips let me know. Thanks

Buy yourself some 5-10kg dumbbells and do bicep curls to get those veins up....it's the best way to keep your veins healthy and with time they will grow in size (girth). But in the immediate to short term it could be the difference between getting the crook shot or not. I feel for you man cos I never had a problem, I'm covered in visible veins. The only times I missed was when I had just had a shot and thought fuck yeah that was awesome lets have another - so I would be shaking and virtually blind from the first shot (meth/crank) that I would miss the second shot, sometimes only part of it, sometimes all of it - usually cos I've gone right through the other side of my vein in my drug fuelled haste.

Edit: be fully hydrated and warmish (not cold) too Closeau, it makes all the difference.

Thanks for the advice SKR. I usually run my hands under hot water and drink at least a bottle of water before. I'll get the Dumbbells. That's a good idea. That story of you missing a vein sounds brutal. I'm gonna put a heating pad on my foot when I get home and tie my ankle off. I know arms are the best but until I build those veins there just nothing. I used to have good forearm veins but their gone. Anyway, thanks

^I feel for you man I really do, hope your ankle heals up. I have fucked around with those veins in the past but never enjoyed the experience frankly. You'll notice serious bodybuilders have hose pipe sized veins, the steroids and hgh really help too but it's a case of use it or lose it, the more blood you push through those veins the better. If only the penis was a good place for a shot, no matter how overweight you are those dick veins never get covered in fat......unless the belly is big enough to do so.

On that note, being lean obviously really helps one choose and register a vein. I hope you find a solution that doesn't involve complications and wasted pills. Could your Dr switch you to the oxy equivalent dose so you can benefit from the high BA that oral dosing delivers with that drug. Opana has poor BA orally iirc, hence you choosing to shoot.

Closeau you're a pain patient mate, you can't keep shooting pills and avoid fucking your veins up, eventually something will give, being a chronic pain sufferer means you are committed to opiates daily which means you'll be shooting pills often, this will eventually lead to health complications. Do you have to use IV?

No, I don't. It really helps my pain better but briefly. I was at pain dr this morning and switched me back to MS Contin 60mg 3x day. I think that's gonna be helpful. You're def right. It's not something I should be doing. I need long term pain management and don't wanna fuck them up. Shit, I don't even hit veins have the time anyway. I did it about 2 hrs ago and fitting it was my last syringe. I'm gonna step up my meetings and I'll get over it. I'm just glad I came to my senses and didn't turn into a long term shooter. My best friend was a heroin junkie for years and he's been clean 5years but his arms are scarred for life. He used it as motivation. I was so scared when I first did it. I've done a lot of shit in the last 25 years but no needles. I couldn't believe I was doing it. Then I got that dillie Rush like I had in ER all those times and I was hooked. But now with marks all over me and can't register a vein, it's ridiculous!!! Thanks for your words and wish me luck. Thanks SKR!!

You are injecting in spots (especially the hands) where you have many nerves and a slight miss will result in extremely swollen hands and much pain.

Please be careful when shooting in your hands. If you must do it, try to get short needles so you are less likely to poke too deep and hurt yourself.

My veins are tiny and shitty too. Usually I can hit my hands but my arms are GONE. No amount of push-ups enables me to hit the crook of my arm like I used to.

Thread is TL;dr so I'm not sure if this has been mentioned.. But there's a vein that runs parallel to an straight down from your thumb on the inner side of your wrist, can't remember what it's called. It's usually bigger than the veins in your hands/inner wrist and less risky. Worth a shot anyway.

You don't have to be able to see the vein as long as you can feel the vein. In fact, the ones you can feel are usually much better to use than those thin visible ones.

Hold your arm straight out in front of you, Palm down. On the top of your elbow joint running along the very top (if your palm is down and you would lay something on top of where your arm bends) there are huge veins you should be able to feel.

Or, make a fist and bend your arm toward you like you are going to rest your chin on your hand. There is a pipeline going down the back of your forearm.

Or, running from your thumb past the wrist up the forearm is another.

I had horrible veins. I could IV in all sorts of random places--leg veins to fingers...but if you haven't used most of your veins yet there is no reason to use the ones you are. FEEL around for that spongy feeling....

Thank you. I was gonna stop but had some real shitty news and gave up on that at least now. That vein from thumb to wrist is celiac vein. I've shaved my hair and tried on both sides but nothing. Maybe I'm using a wrong needle. Got 29 gauge not sure length of it but it's pretty long. I've gone thru 2 pills with nothing. I'm thinking about a 3rd I'll just have to cut back one day cause I only get 6 a day. Thinking about tomorrow just taking 3 orally. Ityll suck but I got to catch up. I'll check out your tips and thank y'all very much!!