PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

various rc's to help with psychological detox

Status
Not open for further replies.

sailor bugg

Bluelighter
So I know I tend to make light of people who use psychedelics for "Soul searching" or what not, but I've come a point in my life where my usage of down is starting to become an issue. I'm on suboxone and I see drug counsellors, a psychiatrist and psychologist every two weeks. So as you see I am trying to get this under control, but I think I'm missing a little "push" to get me to be like okay I've done enough down, time to just chill out. My ex did a ayhuasca and ibogaine treatment for heroin addiction and she managed to be clean for 6 months after so I'm hoping that having my own psychedelic experience can do something similar for me.

So here's what I have access to: 2CE, 2CP, BOD, 2CI, Methallylescaline and 2-bk-2cb. I was thinking along the lines of the methallylescaline or BOD because the trip reports I've read say they're easy, forgiving, positive and just have a general positive vibe to it. Then there's 2cp which is supposed to be ver difficult and can really cause a harrowing experience. I'd maybe consider that, but the duration (20+ hours) is just too long and I don't really want to put myself through something so mentally challenging, I'm just not at the right point in my life to want that.

So out of all your opinions and knowledge of these chemicals it'd be much appreciated if you could give me a bit more info on each of them.

If you are struggling with addiction, substance abuse and/or mental issues, psychedelics aren't going to make you get better. They aren't going to suddenly make you not addicted or not depressed. I've never struggled with opioid addiction but one drug isn't going to make you suddenly not addicted to another. People have reported psychedelics helping in these matters before but those are mostly outliers. Addiction and depression is very hard but I also think you need to take the help you are given and conquer your demons without any additional drug usage. I'm fairly certain your trip will be much more rewarding when you are clean and could even act as a metaphorical nail-in-the-coffin of a difficult part of your life. Opioids can really cloud your judgement as can overuse of psychedelics so you don't want to end up deeper in the hole.

On a side note, 2C-I is not very suitable for soul-searching IME. Too shallow to leave any lasting impact.

Contrary to the above, I think there is evidence to suggest that psychedelics can have a role to play in overcoming addiction. What matters is the approach and the acknowledgement that it may not work, and that, if it is going to work, it's not going to do all the work for you.

The points to keep in mind would be (a) that it's not going to be a magical cure (right mindset), (b) doing so under guidance and good setting (set/setting), (c) that idiosyncratic reactions are the norm (knowing oneself), and (d) most of all the principle of double effect (act only after having taken into account any unintended side effects of the action).

Oh I know that this isn't some magic bullet or be-all-end-all. I do see an addictions councillor, addictions doctor, psychologist and psychiatrist and am on a few pharmaceuticals for schitzoaffective disorder. So this would be kind of used to augment all the therapy and meds. I find that once I do a psychedelic I have a much more positive feeling about life and the direction it's going in for me. It seems to me that when I've used psychedelics they make me really think about what I'm doing with my life/health and bring up a lot of things that I may know are true, but I bury them so far down that they're almost null. I find then it's almost like having a bad trip, but what you learn from that experience is great and very eye opening. And it's not like I have to do huge doses to achieve this, even "normal" doses of things like LSD, 2ce or the like work better than high doses because the visuals are not so strong them distract you from thinking.

I put some more thought into this and I was thinking maybe I could grow my own mushrooms (I used to have a growing "kit"/"set up" but that was years ago) and that way I'd have a hobby kind of (My psychologist tells me that boredom is one of the main reasons I use, he's right, so maybe this will kinda keep me distracted and I might be able to learn a couple of interesting things a long the way) and the end product itself might produce a better effect, if not for the sole purpose that I grew these myself and took care of them, etc etc.

I'm sorry to hear about your difficulty with opioids. It is not our policy to recommend that people take drugs, so threads asking what drugs to take are not allowed. It is the case that some psychedelics can help with recovery from addiction.

There are some reports on erowid.org about what this feels like, what drugs have caused it for people, and what mindset you need to start with to really benefit. I suggest you start there. It's good to get plenty of information on people's actual experiences with the drugs, which can tell you things that the casual/social "reputation" a substance has might not. There is also some information from maps.org on psychedelic psychotherapy, which might interest you. It is probably a good idea to talk to your psychologist/psychiatrist about what you're planning to do/would like to do; they are there to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.