• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Vaporizer drying out lungs and throat??

Spadez87

Bluelighter
So I've been smoking weed since I was 13. I'm 27 now.

Recently I started getting this crazy amount of mucus and phlegm stuck in my throat, felt short of breath/chest felt heavy and some other respiratory symptoms after I had bronchitis. I had these symptoms for 2 months.

I went to the doc all did an EKG, blood test chest X-ray all which came clean. I stopped smoking anything it went away

Problem is every time I smoke even a tiny bong it comes back full force.

I did this recover, smoke symptoms come back thing a few times and said fuck it I I'm buying a vape .

So I bought the vape (No2 Vapir) and it is better for the heavy chest and mucus but it dries the shit out of my throat and lungs to the point it's uncomfortable to breath for a couple days after.

I drink 2liters of water a day, I've turned down the temp, tried taking smaller pills. Nothing works

Sorry for the long rant.. Weeds all I got left lol.

Does this happen to anyone else??? How do you get around it?

Salutations Spadez87,

...I bought the vape (No2 Vapir) and it is better for the heavy chest and mucus but it dries the shit out of my throat and lungs to the point it's uncomfortable to breath for a couple days after.

Individuals don't all react the same though practically all cannabic vapor feels dry. Allergy could be a compounding factor IMO.

Nothing works. How do you get around it?

Well if you haven't heard of my FogBong solution then it's too soon to conclude as above.

;)

ecigs fucking destroyed my nasal cavity with their vapor. I started using in the dead of Winter last year and made a point to exhale through my nose to get the full hit of the nicotine. I paid the price that winter, man, had a fuckin' sinus infection from November through mid January.

Salutations Jibult,

ecigs fucking destroyed my nasal cavity with their vapor.

So far e-Cig features failed to appeal to me and since in the '40s propylene glycol was apparently discovered to "clean" the air (by impacting bacteria colonies momentarily) i don't find this to plead in its favour much...

...sinus infection...

No matter what could be its actual mode of operation, germicidal/sterilizing properties, etc., whatever... The thought which remains is that nature hates voids so if one kills all bacteria then the good bacteria types are gone and hence i figure this can be expected to leave behind a whole virgin ground entirely free for nuisible bacteria to take over and invade propylene glycol "cleaned" organisms.

But i never really was interested in e-Cigs because of propylene glycol anyway, so that means my intervention here was intended more as a question than an affirmative statement for those who are better informed.

How does this sound? After all there are persons dear to me who do use these e-Cigs too already...

:?

Salutations Jibult,

So far e-Cig features failed to appeal to me and since in the '40s propylene glycol was apparently discovered to "clean" the air (by impacting bacteria colonies momentarily) i don't find this to plead in its favour much...

No matter what could be its actual mode of operation, germicidal/sterilizing properties, etc., whatever... The thought which remains is that nature hates voids so if one kills all bacteria then the good bacteria types are gone and hence i figure this can be expected to leave behind a whole virgin ground entirely free for nuisible bacteria to take over and invade propylene glycol "cleaned" organisms.

But i never really was interested in e-Cigs because of propylene glycol anyway, so that means my intervention here was intended more as a question than an affirmative statement for those who are better informed.

How does this sound? After all there are persons dear to me who do use these e-Cigs too already...

:?

Egzo, everything you've said in this thread is on-point. I wasn't trying to contradict you in the slightest, it just seemed that way because my post came immediately after yours.

I was just throwing my 2 cents in concerning vapor as a whole. I figure if ecigs can dry out and open my nasal area to infection, the vapor from cannabis likely has some similar properties to it. That was the reasoning behind my post. :)

I still think the FogBong's a pretty cool idea. I've never gotten around to building one but it's definitely novel.

Salutations Jibult,

...wasn't trying to...

Have no worries as i didn't get negative perceptions to begin with. :) You've always been civilized to me, i'd be wrong to jump to conclusions without at least checking with you 1st! ;)

...my 2 cents in concerning vapor as a whole.

From my perspective there's 2 types of cannabic vapor (maybe more) and e-Cigs can be expected to compound the properties of propylene glycol to cannabic dryness. As you know i've experienced the later myself all too much as it is!

I figure if ecigs can dry out and open my nasal area to infection, the vapor from cannabis likely has some similar properties to it. That was the reasoning behind my post.

From memory cannabis has some "cleaning" effect of its own on top of being dry so i think you've had 2 batericides (please someone refer me to a proper expression), simultaneously - plus the lack of moisture...

I still think the FogBong's a pretty cool idea. I've never gotten around to building one but it's definitely novel.

Thanks. It felt promissing in my own case and that reminds me of an experiment meant to determine the source of my trouble. This also inspires the following idea: if propylene glycol vaporisation still harms the natural balance in our noses when no cannabis is present then my guess would be it should be neutralized prior to inhalation - if possible at all.

=D

It's the nature of vaping. You could mix in some edibles with your vaping to reduce it, I suppose. It's for sure the one thing I don't like about this ROA.

Salutations Doldrugs,

Yet have no worries for me as i'm making progress dealing with blends and edibles. It's only normal after being a smoker for 30+ some years to experience smoke-related issues, considering the interminable succession of irresponsible bigot governments which prefered to feed panicked imaginations instead of promoting education: as a matter of fact vaporization was know long before the invention of electricity, which is more than the 70+ some years of prohibition non-sense our discriminated/stigmatized community has endured since Al Capone or so...

While brew drinkers got a good time spreading love, especially on roads - they still do. Etc., etcetera... Whatever!

:|

vapour soaks up heat pretty well so if you're inhaling straight off the element that vapour can be even hotter than smoke would be. toke the vapour slowly and mix it up with some air as you inhale.

Salutations ThujOne,

...mix it up with some air...

Indeed, that's an option worth exploration which i happen to exploit currrently!

BL: Harm Reduction type of modded vaporizer pipe (2014-Sep-4)

The "pinhole" being that concentric pair of darker circles visible on top, in the middle of my short wood handle.

I believe some guys with a long smoker history would be better advised to address possible conditioning issues sooner than later.

=D

So I've been smoking weed since I was 13. I'm 27 now.

Recently I started getting this crazy amount of mucus and phlegm stuck in my throat, felt short of breath/chest felt heavy and some other respiratory symptoms after I had bronchitis. I had these symptoms for 2 months.

I went to the doc all did an EKG, blood test chest X-ray all which came clean. I stopped smoking anything it went away

Problem is every time I smoke even a tiny bong it comes back full force.

I did this recover, smoke symptoms come back thing a few times and said fuck it I I'm buying a vape .

So I bought the vape (No2 Vapir) and it is better for the heavy chest and mucus but it dries the shit out of my throat and lungs to the point it's uncomfortable to breath for a couple days after.

I drink 2liters of water a day, I've turned down the temp, tried taking smaller pills. Nothing works

Sorry for the long rant.. Weeds all I got left lol.

Does this happen to anyone else??? How do you get around it?

If you've been smoking for such a long time then it's possible the vaping is making it harder to breathe in the short term as you are in the process of clearing your lungs and the cannabis causes the sticky tar to move up and out of the lungs which will take quite some time. Ginger tea is recommended.