• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Vape Pen Recommendations

Flying_Chippmunk

Greenlighter
I am looking to purchase my first vape pen. I have absolutely no experience with vape pens in the past, so bear with me. I have read Hightimes, and other sources, "top" pens lists, however I get the impression that a lot of these lists are just marketing. The reviews I've read about a lot of the top rated pens are kinda sketch. I am looking for a pen that does wax, I don't plan to vape flower. Price is not too much of a concern, I would rather invest a good quality product that will last me awhile than a cheap shitty one. It seems, at least from the reviews that I've read that a lot of them seem to be a hit or a miss, people either love their pen or it gives them trouble and doesn't live up to the hype. Obviously no pen is going to be perfect, but I would prefer a pen that is reliable. Another thing that kinda sketches me out is the customer service with a lot of these companies. If something does break or doesn’t work for whatever reason, I want to be able to get in contact with the company and get them to replace them. So please leave your suggestions and personal experiences, it would be greatly appreciate. The following is what I would consider my criteria of a good pen. 1. Reliability, I don't want something that needs to be constantly replaced with new parts 2. Efficiency, I want a pen that that will efficiently use up wax and not waste an unnecessary amount. 3. Taste/Odor, I do NOT want to be tasting heavily metallic vapor. A little taste is inevitable but a clean pen is a must. 4. Size of hit, I want to be able to take massive tokes. 5. Ease of use, as a first timer, something overly complicated just sucks. So please leave your suggestions and personal experiences, it would be greatly appreciated. :?

Good luck, as far as I know most of them are shit. I bought two that were a total waste of money & got thrown away.

I use a hebe titan 2 for vaping herb, it's got a bit of plastic taste at first but that taste disappears after a while. It's a little bigger than a pen, but still light, cheap, battery powered & pocket sized. Temperature can be controlled to the degree, so there's no chance of burning it. Oil will work if there's something for it to soak into when it melts, like some herb, or some steel wool, similar to other vaporizers designed for herb.

You're probably better off looking at herb vaporizers with a temperature control, they'll be better made, wont burn your stuff & can be used with herb, hash or oil.

I like my "vaped" brand pen. They make many different attachments and have fairly universal parts so many different combinations can be made. Most reliable by far, most other brands break after a month or two of use. vapor dab is complete shit.

If you want a realiable pen you will probably have to spend a fair amount of money. I paid a little over almost $200 for my good pen but I have had it for years and still works. If I add up the moeny vs time I had with all the other pens, the more expensive one is by far a better investment.

Try to find a smoke shop that has a really wide selection of brands and different models within those brands and ask the salesperson what he would recommend. Guys that work with them usually have an opinion about which is better and seem to be fairly knowledgeable, of course not all are and some might just sell whatever is most profitable.

Nice thread. Don't mean to go off topic too far but I have a 50 w ecig battery that is quite good. Can I just change out the tank or is something different about a mj battery?

With ecigs it's definitely better to put out some extra dough. I used to not spend more than 30 to 40 bucks on a battery but since I have, the thing hasn't been broken yet and lasts me 3 days on one charge.

my guess would be ya if you can thread them together without damaging either one. of course there is no way to tell for sure without looking at the wattages and what not.

Nice thread. Don't mean to go off topic too far but I have a 50 w ecig battery that is quite good. Can I just change out the tank or is something different about a mj battery?

You can use a glass globe (with 3 different heads for dry leaf/wax/oil) on a regular ecig battery. My local vape shop sells them for 20$. They are ego threaded so you can use them with your own battery. I haven't tried it yet but I'm definitely looking into it.

I have one called the "OG" or "OG one". I actually founds them on Instagram. The reason I really like this pen is that it's super efficient and you and get rips off it that are comparable to a glass rig set up.