• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Valium taper getting harder

chenka44

Bluelighter
I dropped 5 mg Valium in June last year after mistakenly assuming my daily dose was 15 mg. I was using 5 or 6 5 mg at a time every weeks or so..sometimes I went over a week with no problems. Mistakenly asked Quack for a sleep type benzo, which he gave me, without warning me not to drop valium abruptly. 10 days later..BAM..up to emergency, local mental health places etc where they all all informed me I could not possibly be going through withdrawals.
tickedoff.gif
Sitting in my car on my grand sons birthday trying to think of reasons not to take all the pills I had at home
sad.gif
. My saviour was my family counsellor whom I called hysterically. He immediately rang the mental health people and they changed their tunes just like that. Doctor has no idea about tapering so I have been using the Ashton manual with success, dropping 1 mg per 2 weeks, then had to halve that. , then 0.5 every two weeks till late October Around 8 months of crap with very some good windows. I dropped my taper from 0.5 to 0.25 a month ago but still crap. Currently @ 2.5 Valium and day 11 of cut. No idea whats going on. Opinions if I am cutting to much, or should I switch to LT?... Do NOT want to go into tolerance withdrawal. Anyone had any success for ridiculous fatigue and panic attacks or how I should proceed and how fast etc?