• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Valium question ?

A friend of mine bailed ( twice) on getting a MRI cause he was stressed out about it ( upcoming eye surgery has him stressed) and I told I have valium which will chill him out so here’s the question is 10 mg to much for someone with 0 tolerance or is 2 mg more appropriate for anxiety 1 hour before procedure?

Thank you

A friend of mine bailed ( twice) on getting a MRI cause he was stressed out about it ( upcoming eye surgery has him stressed) and I told I have valium which will chill him out so here’s the question is 10 mg to much for someone with 0 tolerance or is 2 mg more appropriate for anxiety 1 hour before procedure?

Thank you

Yeah 2-5mg if they've never had it. 10 will knock him out probably.

How big is he? Personally I would go for the 10mg. That's not usually enough to induce sleep on it's own.
He’s maybe 5’7,150 lb, he’s never used benzos before..

I’m going to give him #6 ,2mg tablets and ask him to take one as soon as he gets up this way he can judge how he feels right before he leaves if he’s still feeling anxiety he can take another…8:30 a.m. appointment Tuesday
Surgery within two weeks that’s why I gave him xtra…

When he comes by tomorrow to pick them up I’ll ask him if he wants a ride there just in case he feels wobbly/high from them

Maybe his Dr would prescribe something for it. They usually do for MRI claustrophobia. Nowadays the MRI people may give you the med. More health professionals prescribe now
And maybe they won’t .
They should have offered it to him after the first time he bailed,instead they just rebooked him.

Yeah 10mg of diazepam just a little too much first time, 5mg is a perfect dose for first timer, he needs more than 2mg that’s not enough, 5mg will do em right and he/she won’t pass out from it.
Be safe

Is the anxiety about the experience of getting the MRI or what the MRI might find ?

If it's what it might find I think low dose benzos like diazepam might be less helpful

Is the anxiety about the experience of getting the MRI or what the MRI might find ?

If it's what it might find I think low dose benzos like diazepam might be less helpful
Agreed

5 mg can already alter behaviour, but I wouldn't care about it too much as it is not job interview and they are probably expected to be incoherent mess for anxiety or whatever.
Without experience 10 mg could more likely bring unwelcomed responses for other people, tho they are not probably writing character description up cos it is not doctors appointment.
Even experience and tolerance isn't always enough to stay rekt on benzos.

Are you talking in the third person? Your friend seems very anxious. Litterly none cares about busting your friend for his tiny valium.

Look.
I took
Xanax Ambien lsd poppy seeds oxycodone Ativan amphetamine Ritalin lunesta dxm nitrous oxide and a lot of other stuff
Do you realize how you sound replying like that..
See if you are (not saying you are) I just want to let you know chill your safe noone is coming for me. This sites just about harm reduction.

Only reason I bring this up is it is impossible to know. If I gave my mom 20 mg of valium she might be out for a entire day and be too sleepy to do the MRI or if I gave my Alcohol dependent relative 60 mg he might just still skip the MRI and drink a few beers standing up having a completely lucid conversation with me.

It is hard if not impossible to guess how people especially other people will respond to a drug.

5 mg can already alter behaviour, but I wouldn't care about it too much as it is not job interview and they are probably expected to be incoherent mess for anxiety or whatever.
Without experience 10 mg could more likely bring unwelcomed responses for other people, tho they are not probably writing character description up cos it is not doctors appointment.
Even experience and tolerance isn't always enough to stay rekt on benzos.
This is an old thread but I called him just in case I don’t remember clearly but he said he took 1,2mg tablet the morning of the MRI because he said going in the machine freaked him out and he took 2 the morning of the surgery , that was his first ever time getting a surgery/getting put under ,so I understand why he was nervous,,,he still has the xtra pills

Yeah 10mg of diazepam just a little too much first time, 5mg is a perfect dose for first timer, he needs more than 2mg that’s not enough, 5mg will do em right and he/she won’t pass out from it.
Be safe
Yeah I remember giving his a few 10’s but he didn’t need them , he’s one of the few friends that never got into drugs but was a sports fanatic growing up