• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Valium + Alcohol

Resonance2000

Greenlighter
I've seen a lot of threads on this with no definitive answer really so wanted to ask for my first time taking valium am i ok to take 1 x 10mg pill and have around 4 - 5 low strength beers ?

such a frustrating situation because i've had a black russian and 1 beer tonight thinking it wouldn't be of any harm mixed with valium and i was really looking forward to trying it for the first time but i guess not

Hi and welcome to Bluelight. If it's your first time using diazepam, I would advise waiting until you are sober. I'll give you a worst case scenario which you've probably heard warnings about: mixing central nervous system depressants can have lethal consequences. Case in point, my sister was an alcoholic who had gotten a prescription for alprazolam. She died from this at age 33.

Sure lots of people have used them together without incident but in the spirit of harm reduction, don't do this today. You've already had two drinks and what could happen is you lose your inhibitions and forget how many you've had. Next thing you know you're passed out and crash your car or wake up in a jail cell. We're here to keep you safe so be sensible.

^ This. Mixing benzos and alcohol is a bad idea that at the least could lead to mad blackouts (I speak from experience; I bashed up the front of my car with no awareness of how it happened), at worst, death.

When you drink alcohol it increases the effects of the benzo 10x. I used to be addicted to xanax and drank everytime on it. Blacked out multiple times, woke up not knowing how i got home, OD. I DONT RECCOMEND, drinking on any type of benzo.

Yeah one of the best feelings is walking outside in the morning and realizing you're car is fucked and you don't know why.

sorry to hear about your loss thats horrible :( i'm gunna be honest and say i did end up taking the 10mg wich was extremly stupid i know but literally nothing and i mean nothing happpend, i've just popped 2 and have ran myself a bath to see if i get any effect and if still nothing im gunna ditch them as i only wanted to try them recreationally and with no positive affects i'll most likely flush them down the toilet

Be aware OP, when you overdose, you rarely will remark "wow, I'm close to death here, I better stop. It's more often that you will feel relatively fine and then be dead. I'm discussing non-injection drug use.

I've also, more than once had the experience of waking up from a benzo/alcohol blackout and finding the bottle of benzos empty when there had been lots of tablets in there pre-blackout. You just never know what you're going to end up doing in a blackout.

Sorry, I was on my phone earlier when I made my earlier post. 10mg Diazepam (Valium) would be considered, probably, the standard starting dosage for Diazepam. There are lower dosages, but 10mg is fairly standard. So, if we're looking at the therapeutic index of your practice, the Diazepam should not be enough to cause anything remotely like a catasrophic medical incident.

Yes, though, you are fairly likely to blackout if you take 10mg Diazepam and drink a six-pack. If you are inexperienced with Benzodiazepines, it's probably going to be a fairly strong effect. The primary issue that you're going to deal with is behavior while in the midst of a blackout. You absolutely cannot drive or operate a vehicle. So long as you remain in your home and don't exceed the dosages that you've described, you should be totally fine.

One time a friend and I went to go buy some beers late at night after taking a few bars and apparently we got to the gas station and as soon as my friend got out, I casually drove away while he chased after me, but I didn't notice :! I must have just gone home and slept because I didn't remember it at all, but he told me the next day he had to walk home haha

Highly not recommend for a first time user. I’ve combined the two many times and the best advice I can give is drink one* drink. I used to take Valium and sip a beer or a glass of wine. Honestly alcohol kinda messes with the purity of the Valium ‘high’. If you can even call it a ‘high’.
Take the Valium sober and maybe drink some grapefruit juice a half hour before to enhance the effects.
Weed is a better combo than alcohol in my opinion

Be aware OP, when you overdose, you rarely will remark "wow, I'm close to death here, I better stop. It's more often that you will feel relatively fine and then be dead. I'm discussing non-injection drug use.

Nothing truer than this. It's not something you feel coming on, it just happens

I’m not a very cautious person but I’d keep the number of beers down to 1-3 depending on tolerance. You won’t die in all likelihood but you may wake up in jail.

last time I blacked out from benzos I took some unknown drug and literally killed myself. I didnt wake up for 10 days. My entire family was told that if I survived I would be a vegetable for the rest of my life. Technically, I have brain damage. Point being, that combination is probably physically safe but what you do when blacked out may kill you.