Valium 10mg a day, one week, want to stop.

N

Newnew22

Only been taking valium for a week. Recreationally. 10mg a night. Want to stop right now. Dont need the withdrawals or any of the horrible stories that come with this drug. Also don't want to have a seizure or die. If hospitals or doctors can be avoided it would be preferred. However, if a helpline or family doctor is considered totally necessary. It will be acknowledge. I feel like this is possible to do at home still?

No one can answer this for you unless they know if you have any previous history with alcohol and other benzodiazepines, such as Librium, Valium, Xanax, Klonopin, Ativan, etc. etc. I'd suggest going to the Dr. and being honest with him/her and getting the medical help you need. It is a medical issue, so making a doctor visit is in order.

Last edited:
Isn't this the second post for wanting to quit 10mg Valium today?

As people in the other thread said, you'd be just fine if you quit right now. It's a low dose for a brief time. If you want, you can cut the pills to 5mg, and do the taper-thing, but even cold turkey won't cause seizures or withdrawals at that usage.

It makes me think you have something specific in mind, avoiding doctors.

The standard for treating benzo addiction is the slow taper, they don't sub anything in.