View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

valieran for trip come downs

burn out

Bluelighter
is valerian any good for come downs? I can never sleep after a trip and it really bothers me sometime when i am able all exuahted and tripped out. I would like something to take that will help me sleep or at least make me feel relaxed and happy in my bed.

I've tried valerian tincture just to sleep (not on any psych comedown) and found it quite unpredictable. Sometimes it would help, sometimes it would just send my mind racing and make sleep difficult. Vivid dreams guaranteed. Try camomile or melatonin maybe?

The problem with natural remedies is that they will not be able to knock you out if you are on stimulating drugs. There are a decent number of OTC sleep aids some antihistamine based others natural but I am not sure they will allow you to sleep after having fun, couldn't hurt to try.

Personally I have always like melatonin more then valerian root. I went through a phase in college where I wanted to stop drinking every night so I made tea with the root, it worked for 2 nights and on the 3rd I felt almost a reverse effect, racing thoughts and mild anxiety. Melatonin was nice even if I took higher then average doses but it will not force you to sleep.

If you want to be forced to sleep you'll need antihistamines. I like doxylamine for sleeping. There are also other things to look into teas and GABA can also help.

Honestly there are varying results. Try a couple of different sedative herbs (skullcap, kava, mulungu, ect.) and see which ones work the best. Then maybe brew a tea of the two or three best ingredients you've found.

i love kava but it doesnt help me fall asleep, actually gives me energy. i have not tried those other two always ive wanted to try mulungu for a long time but keep on forgetting.