• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Vailum

If you smash them up and put them in some kind of suspension I suppose -- several manufacturers actually make a diazepam foam to be shot up the arsehole . . .

If you smash them up and put them in some kind of suspension I suppose -- several manufacturers actually make a diazepam foam to be shot up the arsehole . . .
Thanks. I know they make a gel. But isn't doing almost anything rectally fast acting other than iv. But I heard better than snorting.

Yes. You absolutely can administer Diazepam (Valium) rectally. In fact, they make Diazepam suppositories for use in a variety of situations. For instance, if an infant cannot or will not swallow a pill, they can administer the medication rectally. There is no reason to attempt to insufflate Diazepam. It is not well absorbed by the mucous membranes of the sinuses like a lot of other substances are. Most Benzodiazepines share this quality except for say, Midazolam (Versed).

The only issue that I find to be a little bit dubious, is the fact that said suppositories are typically found in a suspension gel like propylene glycol. They mention in some medical literature that Diazepam can indeed be insufflated if packaged in an appropriate vehicle. For this reason, I believe that crushed Diazepam pills, made into a solution with water are not going to be absorbed with great efficacy. However, I still believe that the drug will be absorbed regardless based upon the environment of the rectum and the total surface area involved. I can't really stand by any of this though, which sucks.

Most effects produced by insuflation are most likely going to consist of the drug bypassing the sinuses and being absorbed as if the drug were taken orally.

well then, i think i could have lived without learning that they have legitamate valium suppositories, what would make someone require that out of curiousity?? with pills being an option and varying doses, i'm surprised to learn about this today really

There is also an IV solution for diazepam, you can plug that solution, here I think it's 5mg/ml

well then, i think i could have lived without learning that they have legitamate valium suppositories, what would make someone require that out of curiousity?? with pills being an option and varying doses, i'm surprised to learn about this today really

Trouble swallowing or other gastro-intestinal problems are the big one . . . seeing as diazepam is also a medication used in the psychiatric milieu, there is the possible need, I suppose, of, um, circumventing patient medication non-compliance . . . this Route of Administration also figures prominently in some variants of the major conspiracy theories vis-à-vis the death of Marilyn Monroe, though often the suppository in question was Phenergan (promethazine) or Mepergan (promethazine and pethidine)

It’s used to treat breakthrough seizures and pelvic floor dysfunction.

Yea, suppositories like this aren't suped uncommon. I used to be prescribed something similar due to the fact that when I needed such a medicine, as soon as anything would hit my stomach, everything would come right back up. This would cause me to lose anything I had just taken along with any medicine I had recently taken. That would be my guess anyway.

For a long time the two forms of oxymorphone available were suppositories and 1 and 1.5 mg ampoules -- there were people who would put the suppositories into a test tube, add distilled water, heat enough to melt the suppository, put the test tube with the hot mess in the refrigerator, and pipette off the aqueous layer which formed over a period of 90 minutes to three hours, containing fairly close to 100 per cent of the oxymorphone . . . same thing with the 3 and 5 mg hydromorphone suppositories as well . . . morphine, nicomorphine, ketobemidone come as suppositories as well, and in some locales codeine and dihydrocodeine too . . .