• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Using while on Vivitrol, will I withdrawal if I stop?

kyrie617

Greenlighter
I take the shot every 3 week, I’m prob 6 or 7 shots deep. I’ve been using pressed 30s for the last 2 months. I’ve been able to take multiple shots and not have any precipated withdrawal. Well after 2 days of the shot I get light withdrawal symptoms like yawning, sneezing, stretching and restless legs. But mild. I just took another shot, it’s been 3 days since the shot. Do you think if I stop using I will not experience any withdrawals?

I take the shot every 3 week, I’m prob 6 or 7 shots deep. I’ve been using pressed 30s for the last 2 months. I’ve been able to take multiple shots and not have any precipated withdrawal. Well after 2 days of the shot I get light withdrawal symptoms like yawning, sneezing, stretching and restless legs. But mild. I just took another shot, it’s been 3 days since the shot. Do you think if I stop using I will not experience any withdrawals?
Btw, I don’t get super high but I do feel a little something. It’s been a major waste of money mainly, but as soon as I used once the obsession completely took over.

Also if I do have withdrawal symptoms, I should be able to take suboxone since the naltrexone is already in my system? Correct?

I want to try and help you a bit but want to make sure I am reading your post correctly. So you get the monthly shot ( as opposed to taking suboxone daily ) to recover from opioid addiction right? But since it is so hard to stay clean and we all relapse you have been shooting some dirty 30's occasionally?

You don't get that high because the Vivitrol is blocking it and doing it's job and it's a waste of money but I understand that it is a compulsion and a hard one to break. So when the dirty 30's leave your system you are getting some light WD's ( which makes sense as you are ingesting fentanyl more than likely ) .

So even though you have Vivitrol in your system you want to take suboxone to get rid of your WD's from the fentanyl? If so....I'm not sure thats the best thing to do. You already have the vivitrol in there trying to do it's job and then adding subs into the mix seems like overkill. If you can....I would just try and go through the occasional WD's you have when you slip up and then get back to letting the monthly injection work it's magic. Adding suboxone in there ( especially after ingesting fent from the 30's ) is playing with fire. You may very well get sick if you take a sub too early. I have heard that people should wait at least 5 days from their last fent exposure to avoid precipitated WD's.

Is trhat kind of the gist of what you are going through? And by the way.....welcome to Bluelight.

@kyrie617 I understand what you're going through here and much like @Nurse Ratched has said, I want to answer your question, but I also really want to do the very best for in my advice. It kills me when I talk to folks who develop habits even while on Opioid blockers. It's just a shitty example of how powerful the pull of addiction can be. The short answer is that I believe there's nothing stoppin you from developing a habit or tolerance on top of your Naltexone (Vivitrol) shot.

My further belief is that the Vivitrol shot is probably not right for you. If you can't stay away from Opioids even knowing the utter futility of doing so, I think you should consider a different treatment. For me, a full-agonist was the only thing that could keep me from the cravings and the using. Even Buprenorphine (Suboxone/Subutex) wasn't enough. I eventually got off Methadone also, but initilly, I needed the full-agonist to get my shit together and learn how to live.

I want to try and help you a bit but want to make sure I am reading your post correctly. So you get the monthly shot ( as opposed to taking suboxone daily ) to recover from opioid addiction right? But since it is so hard to stay clean and we all relapse you have been shooting some dirty 30's occasionally?

You don't get that high because the Vivitrol is blocking it and doing it's job and it's a waste of money but I understand that it is a compulsion and a hard one to break. So when the dirty 30's leave your system you are getting some light WD's ( which makes sense as you are ingesting fentanyl more than likely ) .

So even though you have Vivitrol in your system you want to take suboxone to get rid of your WD's from the fentanyl? If so....I'm not sure thats the best thing to do. You already have the vivitrol in there trying to do it's job and then adding subs into the mix seems like overkill. If you can....I would just try and go through the occasional WD's you have when you slip up and then get back to letting the monthly injection work it's magic. Adding suboxone in there ( especially after ingesting fent from the 30's ) is playing with fire. You may very well get sick if you take a sub too early. I have heard that people should wait at least 5 days from their last fent exposure to avoid precipitated WD's.

Is trhat kind of the gist of what you are going through? And by the way.....welcome to Bluelight.
Yes you understand correctly. I get the minor withdrawals 2 days after the shot. I’m thinking that’s because fent takez 48 hrs to start withdrawal. So 48 hrs after my shot I get minor WD symptoms, possibly because the fent is no longer hitting my receptors due to the shot being so strong at the beginning.

I would love to not take the subs, I’m just wondering what my WDs will be like if any. Today is the 4th day after shot, so it would be the 3rd day of fent withdrawal. Im hoping if I don’t use tmrw my WDs could possibly be in the clear? That would be the 4th day of what would be the WD which normally starts to clear up.

Yes you understand correctly. I get the minor withdrawals 2 days after the shot. I’m thinking that’s because fent takez 48 hrs to start withdrawal. So 48 hrs after my shot I get minor WD symptoms, possibly because the fent is no longer hitting my receptors due to the shot being so strong at the beginning.

I would love to not take the subs, I’m just wondering what my WDs will be like if any. Today is the 4th day after shot, so it would be the 3rd day of fent withdrawal. Im hoping if I don’t use tmrw my WDs could possibly be in the clear? That would be the 4th day of what would be the WD which normally starts to clear up.
Also I’ll add this.. I did use today hoping to be my last day. Wanted to cover up any possible WD symptoms being it’s what would be the 3rd day of fent WD. (5 days after shot minus the 48 hrs before WD start). I don’t feel much at all, so seems as though the vivitrol is doing it’s job. That makes me hopeful I won’t experience much WD if I stop tmrw. The little if any fent in my system won’t leave for 48 hrs, and that would be the 6th day of WD. Not sure if I’m making sense to you. I’ll update here in a few days if anyone else ends up in this shitty situation. (Although I’m really hoping it’s not too shitty being that I’m still able to take the shots without PWD.