• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Using promethazine/risperidone as a comedown cure?

isaaccain

Bluelighter
I know that promethazine is an atypical antipsychotic, and where I live it's over the counter, but I could also get risperidone since I used to get prescribed it. I also heard it was good for MDMA cravings, which would help a lot. It's not just a comedown cure, it's just that when I'm coming down I get really bad cravings to take more pills or mandy, and that's how I spend £700 in 2 months on MDMA (at the age of 15 as well), so these would help massively if they do actually help MDMA cravings.

The reason I'm asking is because I read somewhere online that risperidone was an MAOI and you couldn't take it with MDMA or amphetamine, which means I just wouldn't bother. At the end of the day, I'm going to an addiction clinic tomorrow anyway, so they'd probably sort everything out for me, but I just want to know if that thing about it being an MAOI was true, and if there's any dangers with taking either promethazine or risperidone with amphetamines. Also as soon as I get the money I'll be trying speed paste, which I read was 50% levoamphetamine 50% dextroamphetamine, so if it's incompatible with that tell me and I'll prolong starting risperidone until I've tried proper speed.

A comedown cure? No no no

Mdma gives very powerful effects.

When you climb to the top of a high mountain you usually have to climb back down(the comedown)

Maybe smoking a little weed during the comedown is nice but the comedown is part of the ride.

Great highs are followed by great lows sometimes.

Using other strong drugs during comedown can just be more harmful.

Rolling on md is such a great feeling. When the great feeling starts to comedown it can be devastating emotionally. Thats why the comedown be at times feel sad odd and spaced out feeling.

Your body just flooded itself with all its feel good chemicals and now it has to recharge back up.

The comedown can be enjoyable when you know how to deal with it.

The comedown should be expected its part of the experience.

Trying to cover up the comedown with other drugs is not smart just some weed can make it interesting.
Other drugs added can put more stress on the body after the body has just been through a powerful enough experience.

Dont take drugs to help you sleep after rolling, you cant force changing the path of effects from mdma.

If you get on the ride you have to wait for the ride to end not when you want it to.
Especially other drugd added to mdma can have unexpected effects.

Mdma is best with just mdma.
Sometimes a lil weed with it but its best singular by itself

Sounds like you got a problem and your doing drugs for the wrong reasons.

Your only 15 you got no idea.

You talk about mdma like its herion

This isnt rolling culture.

Shulgin hated talk like this.
Its a magical gift NOT your next fix.

Risperidone is not an MAOI, it does however block serotonin and dopamine receptors, among other things. Some drugs like amphetamines are said to be "more-ish", that is that people compulsively re-dose them until the whole supply is gone. Dopamine receptor activation plays a large role in cravings/compulsions and so you may find that Risperidone can help with that aspect of comedowns, and it can also help some people sleep. I would be aware of side effects and make sure to understand that high doses of an anti-psychotic are very serious.

Doses above 1mg of risperidone I would approach very cautiously. Don't even think about north of 4mg.

Depending on whether you have problems with restless legs syndrome or low blood pressure I would also throw more caution to the wind. Risperidone can increase problems with restless legs syndrome and for some people RLS can be a regular part of amphetamine comedowns.

In light of your age though, I have to advise that you stop your stimulant use entirely and, if you are self medicating underlying issues, focus on them with techniques/drugs that won't poop out and possibly destroy your life before it even gets started. Your brain is very vulnerable right now and it has a lot of wiring up/growing to do, which its going to struggle to complete if you keep bombarding it with amphetamine binges

You only get one brain.