• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Using opiate for kratom withdrawel?

I dunno, i havent had much experience with kratom, to be honest - but i don't think it is generally considered to be very strong compared to most opiates used recreationally and by addicts

Which opiates were you taking before the kratom? And in what sort of doses?

I wasn't giving you shit, by the way - i just wasn't clear about what you were asking :)

I know i should have been a bit more descriptive. I was taking 30 mg roxicet 3x daily spending $105 a day. It stripped my bank account. So i turned to kratom and it took all my sickness away. I started taking kratom every other day then it turned in to everyday. i blame myself for taking it for so long

You would be replacing one minor addiction for a possible major one. If it's really that bad for you then get more kratom and taper down. I jumped from 30g/day for a year with no comfort meds and couldn't sleep for a solid week. It sucks but it's just a week, I even went to work everyday. At 12g/day you really should just sack up and jump off. The other opiates you mention have longer half-lives and the wd will be worse. Even a single 30mg oxy would be worse than the amount of kratom you consume in a day.
yea your right. i work 55 hours a week maybe i shoudl take a couple days off. has anyone ever tried the thomas recipe?

A single dose of something short acting like Roxy is probably not gonna do the trick.....but i am a believer that if you switch to something long acting like PST or methadone and only use it for a few days (2-5) that you won't get addicted to the methadone in that short amount of time and can probably avoid the Kratom withdrawal. I am only speaking about skipping the physical hell...you will still feel like shit mentally.

(Warning a strong batch of PST can be equivalent to 400+mg of very long acting morphine so you will probably love the high and continue to drink tea for much longer than the few days it would take to skip Kratom withdrawal)

I have found that long acting opiates can be used to almost completely avoid withdrawl if used for very short periods (1 week or less) If you continue to use the long acting drug for any longer than a week you will be battling a much more difficult drug to quit.

yes this can work, i once got off kratom by injecting tiny doses (like 1/12 pill) of hydromorphone. I am currently heavily addicted to kratom again and i am hoping to get off it by tapering down and then microdosing suboxone a couple days.

The idea is a microdose of suboxone will cover the opioid withdrawal symptoms while allowing my body to detox from the kratom alkaloids (kratom is more than just an opioid, there are other psychoactive chemicals in the plant that have their own withdrawal symptoms) while at the same time letting me down easy. As long as I dont take too much sub or stay on it too long, i dont see why it wont work . not saying it will make it painless, but it should definitely help.

wtf
you suggest him shooting hydromorphone to get off kratom?
Thats a GREAT idea8(

replacing a kratom addiction with opiates is kinda backwards. just taper the kratom if you can. 20% reduction every 2 weeks. 5 week taper

You guys won't believe this but yesterday I took a 30 mg roxi at 1:30 pm and today it's 6pm I feel half as bad as yesterday. Believe it or not I think this works. Now I can just tough the rest of this out. So I have to say it does work everyone's different though, but I wouldn't take the opiates longer then 2 days and only use very little just to get you by. Does kratom have different alkaloids then say a roxi? Is that why?

It works just like using kratom to feel better when in opiate w/d. Kratom has something like 25 different alkaloids, you can find a complete list of them by googling it.

Kratom for me was VERY easy to taper off. Only side-effect I felt was a mild tiredness\depressed feeling that was very manageable with some weed. It made going to work unpleasant but then again...when is going to work pleasant?

It works just like using kratom to feel better when in opiate w/d. Kratom has something like 25 different alkaloids, you can find a complete list of them by googling it.
well now we know for sure it most likely will help. Thanks for all your help guys! I'm still in depression mode but I take Wellbutrin anyway and I take Remeron to sleep at night. I've been smoking more weed then usual due to the depression. Hey there's nothing wrong with smoking a little weeD.

well now we know for sure it most likely will help. Thanks for all your help guys! I'm still in depression mode but I take Wellbutrin anyway and I take Remeron to sleep at night. I've been smoking more weed then usual due to the depression. Hey there's nothing wrong with smoking a little weeD.

Hell yeah, weed is fucking great for pretty much ANY withdrawal. I've used it for benzo, pregabalin and kratom/PST w/d, without it I would go insane.