Using methadone to taper of dope.

Rickthesizzler

Greenlighter
im trying to get off opiates once and for all before my baby comes I have 140mg of liquid methadone to use for a taper, I have suboxone too but I can’t make it the 48 hour need to avoid precip has anyone ever used methadone to successfully taper I really need help. Advice, or if anyone has successfully tapered please let me know your method and the dosages you’ve used.

I'm trying to think of something to bring you some peace of mind but I have never done H or m'done so I'm struggling here. I can however let you know that you aren't alone and you will be getting some solid advice and tips. Let people get their coffee and shake the sandman off and they will give you more encouragement for sure.

You absolutely have to believe that you can do this. No doubts, no second guessing yourself. Just believe that you are strong enough to do this and take all the advice you can get. It's great that you have some methadone on hand. Some Lyrica would be a great comfort med. Pregablin is good stuff when used sparingly and just during WD.

Good luck and Happy Holidays !

Darn, didn't read your thread correctly. You have subs not 'done. Don't mind me....I just got too gung ho trying to help you.

Methadone has a really long half life. A drug has to go through its half life period a few times to be eliminated from the body and then the system needs about five days to reset. Imho the methadone will just end up increasing the time you are in acute withdrawal.

Methadone has a really long half life. A drug has to go through its half life period a few times to be eliminated from the body and then the system needs about five days to reset. Imho the methadone will just end up increasing the time you are in acute withdrawal.
I’ve heard places use methadone to taper people I’m afraid to use the subs because I don’t wanna fall into precip

just checking as that could have complicated things. I think the methadone will only prolong your route out.

I have seen people switch from methadone to subs without any problem, but it’s obviously not guaranteed that you won’t end up in precipitated withdrawal.

I think you can make it through the period needed to have a smooth transition. Why not just get yourself into decent withdrawal and take the subs for your taper.

By getting yourself into the area appropriate for sub dosage your going to be 1/3 of the way through the acute withdrawal. May just want to say fuck this and power out. The thing is no one walks out Scott free.. we all pay the piper.

You can do this!!

im trying to get off opiates once and for all before my baby comes I have 140mg of liquid methadone to use for a taper, I have suboxone too but I can’t make it the 48 hour need to avoid precip has anyone ever used methadone to successfully taper I really need help. Advice, or if anyone has successfully tapered please let me know your method and the dosages you’ve used.
Right I've been in this situation a coupla times. If you really can't deal with the 48 hours and believe me I know how hard that is then there is another option which I've used successfully before. Poppy tea for that bit where you can't cope. A cup or two will take the worst of the withdrawals away and then you can head straight to the subs no issue. It really works well.