• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Using MDMA to get over someone?

diamondclovers

Greenlighter
Hi everyone! 3 months ago I met a guy while clubbing who I felt like I really connected with even in the short timespan I got to know/talk to him (there was nothing physical involved) and was a bit disappointed when we didn't keep in touch. I couldn't get him out of my head and realised I had not felt this way in a long time (having just come out of a bad relationship). A week later I did MDMA for the first time and it made me realise how happy I could be with just myself and after that my feelings for this guy just died down and became very insignificant.

The 2nd time doing MDMA, I ended up spending the entire 6 hours of my high replaying the conversations we had and just really enjoying obsessing over the memories. I realised that was a mistake because the feelings and obsessions have come back in full force after the comedown.

Does it make sense to say that my brain has somehow linked the MDMA euphoria to my memories of this guy I barely know? I'm planning to roll again soon and am curious as to whether what I think about during the roll to fuel the high can be used to change the way I think normally? I know nothing will ever happen between us and I want these feelings to be gone ASAP!

This is my 2 cents:
MDMA tends to intensify feelings you already have, so what I think is that you're still very much into this guy, even though you had pushed all thoughts of him away, and you probably started thinking of him again when approaching that 2nd time doing MDMA. When that 2nd time was there, you felt then intense euphoria / happiness caused by MDMA and mainwhile, you had that association, magnifying your feelings. Therefore you started paying attention to these thoughts of him and 'reviewed' your conversations, covered by a euphoric and loving veil. This combination of event has made the memory even more noteworthy than it was in reality, but you won't lose the thought of him, because those few memories are now 'colored' by the MDMA.

To be honest, I think the only really effective way to actively get over him is to see him again. There are only a few things that can happen.
1) You two hit it off and you'll get something good out of it.
2) He'll turn you down, but you'll find closure.
3) You'll experience that he wasn't so special after all.

I do want my 2 cents back.

I agree with the above. Had something similar happen recently actually. Met a girl during my last roll and we really hit it off (she was rolling as well). It was mostly physical but we did talk for a while as well. The interest I felt had to have come from somewhere, it was probably amplified by the roll but there had to have been something that drew me to her like that, that isn't my usual self, not even when rolling. Couldn't get her out of my head so I've asked her to get together. Could be that it's going to turn into nothing, but it can't hurt to try and find out. I think a connection you make with someone during a roll isn't fake. It's amplified a huge deal, yes, but MDMA doesn't create certain feelings I think, it just greatly amplifies them. If you're absolutely sure it isn't going to turn into something, your next roll might bring a bit of closure, perhaps, not sure. But in any case, what you're feeling will fade away over time and it will probably stop appearing during your rolls as well. But if you're really interested, don't give up, could be that he's a bit uncomfortable because you met him while rolling and is in doubt whether or not what you are feeling is genuine

I really hope for you (and me as well actually) the interest turns out to be mutual :D Good luck!

Wowow this is so insightful and definitely makes so much more sense now! I actually have seen this guy again a few times but they have just been random run ins and I'm sure nothing will happen. But now that I've identified the cause of why my feelings are so intense I can start overcoming them. :)

I agree and can definitely relate! MDMA doesn't make me love people I dislike it only makes me love the people I like :p Aw thankyou so much I really hope it's reciprocated for you keep me updated!