• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Using mdma every week

I strongly disagree with the general attitude of anyone who tries peddle the bullshit that just because their mate's dealer's cat's secret admirer ingests ludicrous volumes of MDxx and is "fine" so therefore it's not much of a risk to abuse MDxx.

Even a handful of cases demonstrating the likely repercussions of excessive use should be enough not to take the risk yourself. I don't care if it's a 50:1 chance you'll be fine; that's a risk I personally don't deem worth it.

So, what's your point?

I still can't see how mdma can be so bad if doctors are on their way to legalizing it for people suffering from ptsd. That means they made a unified judgment call about how it is completely worth it to rid patients of ptsd at the supposed risk of all this damage people love to list. And when I look at them, there's an obvious discrepancy and bias in how they are viewing the substance itself in comparison to qualified doctors who study these areas for a living.

In the thread we aren't saying that MDMA is dangerous, we are saying that frequent use of heavy doses can have a serious impact. You said that it can't be that bad because doctors are evaluating it for a PTSD treatment, but they aren't evaluating it's danger in long term frequent use scenarios because the treatment doesn't require that. It's also worth noting that what's considered "worth it" for a medication can be quite high, have you read the side effects on a prescription drug recently?

I strongly disagree with the general attitude of anyone who tries peddle the bullshit that just because their mate's dealer's cat's secret admirer ingests ludicrous volumes of MDxx and is "fine" so therefore it's not much of a risk to abuse MDxx.

This isn't what I am saying though. I clearly acknowledge that this would be a frankly terrible idea. However, I was simply stating that this person in this instance is fine - not that this is then a greenlight to then go and abuse MDxx. No one (not even me) is going to argue that frequent MDMA abuse is a good idea, it isn't. My point was rather that it appears that a large amount of people on here who complain about MDxx are driven by anxiety and paranoia.

In the thread we aren't saying that MDMA is dangerous, we are saying that frequent use of heavy doses can have a serious impact. You said that it can't be that bad because doctors are evaluating it for a PTSD treatment, but they aren't evaluating it's danger in long term frequent use scenarios because the treatment doesn't require that. It's also worth noting that what's considered "worth it" for a medication can be quite high, have you read the side effects on a prescription drug recently?

You are completely wrong and putting words in my mouth. When did I ever specify that I was talking about long term frequent use in that context, and when did I ever say it was okay to use mdma in such a manner? I dare you to find me saying that in my over thousand posts here. Not too long ago, before you even posted that, and many times before, I said that it was a mistake for doing that, but that the only things that were ever affected were my sleeping and eating habits. Everything else remained the same, and even that got a lot better after abstinence.

The only thing I said was that, despite that kind of use, I feel perfectly fine, healthy, and able to do whatever I need to do without trouble. What do people not understand about this? And how many times must I say that I only speak for myself?

Btw, if ya'll are thinking that I thought frequent abuse was all good and well, then explain to me why I decided to quit for years and never used mdma in such a manner again.

Some of you need to get off your high horse and stop being so judgmental. Just because you're not open to talking about your own mistakes doesn't mean you're right to bash on the ones that do, because I guarantee you everyone's made dumb mistakes in their lives.

Edit: If you [a certain poster] want to delude yourself into thinking that I 'damaged' myself without even trying to verify that, then I seriously question your own mental state. It's obsessive, and extremely abnormal. What are you getting out of this? I already know, but I wonder if you have the balls to admit it.

Last edited:
Perhaps. For your one story, there are many others that have used long-term without issue and vice-versa. All drugs in a sense will vary from person to person. However I still stand by my statement that this board (ED) reeks of paranoia most of time - it's kind of a standing joke over at EADD.
it's as much of a mistake to underplay the effects as to overplay them. i don't think you're any better that the people you criticise.

in most geographies inhabited by bluelighters, mdma is illegal so research is hard to come by. we do the best that we can with the information that we have available and i can't criticise anybody, given the unknowns, for erring on the side of caution rather than bravado. it may not be as cool or macho, but, for me, it's more consistent with hr.

alasdair

With the greatest of respect alasdairm, I think you are misunderstanding the point me and others are making here. No-one is criticising anyone for erring on the side of caution when taking drugs. It would be foolish not to do this. What rattles my cage ocassionally is the amount of threads I see on this subject like "Am I fucked up", "Took molly for first time and am now fried" etc. In fact, the first 4 or 5 threads on this board are about how MDMA may or may not have fucked someone up with very infrequent use. It was simply an observation of the state of paranoia on the board rather than a dig at anyone praticing good HR.

I would also like to point out that I'm not proud of the bad decisions I've made, and never encouraged anyone to do the same. I just thought I would give my input and own experience. I'm pretty sure I consistently offered advice to others to follow proper harm reduction as noted on this board. And I think I only mentioned my extreme use on my own only a few times, and a while back too. I actually don't like talking about it, and I wouldn't have if these anonymous posters didn't keep shoving it in my face (as if I'm the only one that's done something like this....psh). Not to mention that was about 5 years ago, and I've been way over it since then.

With the greatest of respect alasdairm, I think you are misunderstanding the point me and others are making here. No-one is criticising anyone for erring on the side of caution when taking drugs. It would be foolish not to do this. What rattles my cage ocassionally is the amount of threads I see on this subject like "Am I fucked up", "Took molly for first time and am now fried" etc. In fact, the first 4 or 5 threads on this board are about how MDMA may or may not have fucked someone up with very infrequent use. It was simply an observation of the state of paranoia on the board rather than a dig at anyone praticing good HR.

Further reading in these threads may also elude to the fact the user often has no idea what they even took (nor how much on occasion), rendering their anecdotal input on how a 'single, normal dose' managed to 'fuck them up'. They often also neglect to state a great many other factors that could have also contributed to how they feel, like the severe lack of sleep following their use of substance-XYZ, the lack of food they ate afterwards, things they consumed that may emphasise negative symptoms like those 2 cans of Red Bull they downed first thing the next day, the lack of water they consumed during and post-roll, their potential electrolyte deficiency/imbalance as a direct result of the previous 2 things....etc etc

Unless in the case of the user already having some kind of underlying medical condition, or being on another medication etc without realising interactions, it's extremely unlikely someone will "fry themselves" as a direct result of taking a single normal dose of confirmed and unadulterated MDMA. Medical condition/medication interaction aside, it will come down to the combination of a great many factors often entirely within the user's control, like not being an idiot and drinking enough water.

Not saying it doesn't happen at all, it's just I can't see how suddenly MDMA, a compound that's been around for a LONG time now, is suddenly causing significantly more severe negative reactions than it did 20 years ago without any of the above factors being at play.

Not digging at you or what you're getting at either, just saying I think you'll find a lot of these users unfortunately brought it on themselves and are directly and exclusively 'blaming' the MDMA (or at least insinuating it), which is rather unlikely.

People always suffering.
They love to do it. Mdma is just another reason to "suffer" and to say: "this stuff actualy damaged my brain oh oh pure Me" )

In fact offcourse mdma have strong positive effects, but only if you do it correctly.

It is a big difference to take mdma at home with close friends, sometimes just lieying down on sofa, listening to music or somewhere in a fresh air at the evening looking far far away at a blue ocean and birds which are flying in a sky )))

Or at night indoor in a small club without water,overheated and paranoided.

In 1 way you can stay for long term relations with MDMA. Actualy it will change your live. It will help end your sufferings from allmighty Me.

In a 2 way you can try not to harm your body much,but it will be much more dufficult to do. Long relations with Molly could be difficult in that case. You will fall in dirty love with here at that case )

Everyone can choose what relation with mdma is better for him.

I can understand peoples who love mdma and who is in long relations with her. They will protect it,because she give much and can not to take much too.

In other words people can build destructive relations with such a beautifull substance like MDMA too. Thats a fact.

I really do have respect for all the points of view being expressed in the recent postings.

Still, I'd like to point out something else, something I hope we all agree is disturbing:

Per the OP: ".... they can't enjoy going to events, nights out etc. if they aren't on it [MDMA]."

Aside from the possible health problems from overuse, I hope the OP takes stock of his life and his attitude toward MDMA, *WHY* he's using it, etc.

When a person finds he truly cannot enjoy normal, social events without being under the influence of something, I consider that a serious warning sign, something is terribly wrong. I'd stop and examine my life.

Thats true you say. I am up for this words man.

Look why you can not return to your body and mind when something (including mdma) is over. Try to ask yourself this question while on MDMA and youll get this answer )

I used to roll every weekend for close to a year, then began snorting every few days for a few weeks, felt depressed as hell, then tapered off. I haven't rolled in like 2 years. This was my favorite drug, but it also had the worst side effects because I abused it lol. Rolls are also usually mixed with other shit. My dealer told me months after I stopped buying from him that he used to cut his rolls heavily with speed. Huh.

I'm itching to do it again, but I'm also older and I remember how shitty the comedowns were. I would not be able to sleep for shit, and eating was a mission for 24 hours after a party night. Fun times though, if I could do it again I would, just more spaced out. :)

Well said squareroot!

As with all drugs I've taken, MDMA had a wonderful, magical effect when I first took it - in my mid 40's. Luckily I had the sense by then to know it was not the answer to all my problems, living the rest of my life in a state of Ecstasy! If any drug could do that it would be the most potentially marvellous, yet dangerously addictive one ever invented...

The thrill wears off - that is the rule with all drugs, and all thrills, be they dangerous driving, flying a plane, sex, drugs and rock 'n roll in general. MDMA is just another high... (Roxy Music... about 'love'?).

I went through the usual initial process, taking more and more, in conjunction with other things and other, ever more 'exciting' situations, and it was great. Lasted a long time, and the benefits to me as a lifelong, incurable depressive were immense. Even so, the 'door' it opened was opened with the first pill, and opened forever in my case, something I'll never regret. Keeping it 'ajar' helped... but it can't be opened again, it fell off it hinges and was trampled underfoot long ago.

The old expression "less is more" (which I heartily loathe as a rule, when used by puritans and sycophantic turds to stop me enjoying myself) actually does apply in the case of MDMA. It does need treating with respect, and in my case, with love and thanks, for it had a profound effect on me, and as I said, opened a door in the same way LSD did in my late teens.

Such things are rare and precious, and an aid to spiritual development in my experience. We humans cannot live in a drug induced state of wonder and ecstasy for long, it inevitably wears something out. That did not of course stop me hugely enjoying necking vast quantities of MDMA for a couple of highly enjoyable years, but when I found myself no longer enjoying an evening out in the pub without, I stopped. It wasn't painful, and I have taken it since on rare occasions. I look forward to taking it again, after more than five years without - it'll be fun. I'd never say don't take it to anyone, I really, honestly believe the world would be a far better place if everyone did at some point (like my parents!), but not every week.... maybe my dad?

Altogether, it is strong stuff, and needs to be treated carefully, Do it too often and overdo do, and you'll spoil it. It won't kill you, or 'drive you mad', you'll just spoil it! Enjoy it - that's what its for...

Even so, the 'door' it opened was opened with the first pill, and opened forever in my case, something I'll never regret. Keeping it 'ajar' helped... but it can't be opened again, it fell off it hinges and was trampled underfoot long ago.

Possibly one of the best analogies for the use and effect of MDMA I have ever heard...

This man speaks sense. and captures precisely my thoughts towards MDMA now.

I think I'm currently in the same place Voyager3 was in.

Been into MDMA srsly for a little over a year. I was using MDMA every weekend (typically multiple lines, all night, some k thrown in later in the evening). I kind of think it as self-limiting as eventually it just becomes like amphetamine, the tolerance I build is a resistance to the magic that makes it more than amphetamine. So, as it's pointless to take (speed is boring), I stop for a while, maybe 2 months, and get into drinking wine or whatever. Then I start again and use every other weekend, same way. Then I stop for a couple of months again. Etc.

I never get come downs from it though. I get either an after glow or nothing at all. Maybe that's the ket. Nor have I had depressive longer term stuff.

Obviously this thread is a series of anecdotes and readers can sift it and make up their own minds. This is just my experience.

I'm really glad I'm not alone! It always seemed to affect me so much more, and so much better than my friends? Probably because I was so much more miserable to start with! A very precious, special thing to be enjoyed.... with care and love. There are unfortunately very few in this life, make the most of it!