• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Using loperamide to get off heroin

Jbird11

Bluelighter
So I have a question. I’m new to blue light. And I just found out about the wonders of using loperamide for heroin withdrawal. I’ve been using heroin for a period of 10 years my active usage is about a gram or a little over a gram of heroin a day. I got some loperamide yesterday and what I have been reading is that it takes about 24 hours for it to work so I decided to take some last night after my last shot of heroin. In the morning I took another 10 mg of loperamide along with some grapefruit juice as I did last night. Lo and behold I found a stash of heroin that I forgot about so I ended up smoking that it was about a half a gram or less. My question is by using loperamide once last night and again today With heroin is that going to screw up my whole process of using loperamide for under a week to get off heroin? Or can I just continue without any more heroin and just use low doses of loperamide like I did last night. I used 20 mg and then another 10 this morning so I’m hoping I didn’t do anything to fuck up my tolerance?

This is a rundown of what I have done so far
Thursday 27:

$10 shot of H @ 8:00 pm

600mg tagamet @ 8:20

20mg loperamide @. 8:25 pm w/GFG

$10 shot of H @ 11:50pm feeling it at 12:30am…sleeeep

Friday: woke up feeling ehhh but surprised I wasn’t sick!

6:30am took 10mg of loperamide

Smoked less than $20 of brown & a few hits of white and threw up what felt like at least 2 loperamide (4mgs)

8:13 am took 400mg tagamet 6mg loperamide, smoked my last bit of H at 9:20

600mg tag 10mg lope @ 11:00am

Thursday 27:

Smoked less than $20 of brown & a few hits of white and threw up what felt like at least 2 loperamide (4mgs)

You're supposed to take the loperamide when you're 24 into wds or 16 at least not with ur heroin. Btw lope blocks a lot ur high overall so if ure not gonna use it to quit or ure not ready, I don't think it's a good idea to use it...ngl srry.

Thursday 27:

Get some gabapentin or Lyrica or if u can get both even better. Thst and a long acting benzo for sleep diazepam or clonazepam. Tbh I'd tell u to use Diaz during the day and clonaz at nite 4 sleep.

You're supposed to take the loperamide when you're 24 into wds or 16 at least not with ur heroin. Btw lope blocks a lot ur high overall so if ure not gonna use it to quit or ure not ready, I don't think it's a good idea to use it...ngl srry.
I am definitely ready but I wasn’t planning on finding that little bit that I found. And the only reason why I used it last night while still using was because the research that I did although probably or may be wrong now that I am seeing more is that people take it ahead of time because it takes 24 hours to kick in there for when they wake up in the morning they won’t be sick I wasn’t planning on using this morning. I read that it takes 24 hours to 36 hours to kick in or build up in your system so I was trying to build it up in my system so that I wouldn’t get sick

I am definitely ready but I wasn’t planning on finding that little bit that I found. And the only reason why I used it last night while still using was because the research that I did although probably or may be wrong now that I am seeing more is that people take it ahead of time because it takes 24 hours to kick in there for when they wake up in the morning they won’t be sick I wasn’t planning on using this morning. I read that it takes 24 hours to 36 hours to kick in or build up in your system so I was trying to build it up in my system so that I wouldn’t get sick
It takes more like 6 hrs to kick in.

Get some gabapentin or Lyrica or if u can get both even better. Thst and a long acting benzo for sleep diazepam or clonazepam. Tbh I'd tell u to use Diaz during the day and clonaz at nite 4 sleep.
I don’t have access to gabapentin or Lyrica. But it didn’t work for me and I’ve been taking loperamide for three days at about 30 mg per dose daily day three today was my first day with no heroin I was building it up in my system so I didn’t have to feel any withdraws I have responsibilities I cannot just be sick. Do I have to do is higher? Also, I ended up using today so I’m gonna have to use for at least a week or so to get the loperamide out of my system is that correct?

I don’t have access to gabapentin or Lyrica. But it didn’t work for me and I’ve been taking loperamide for three days at about 30 mg per dose daily day three today was my first day with no heroin I was building it up in my system so I didn’t have to feel any withdraws I have responsibilities I cannot just be sick. Do I have to do is higher? Also, I ended up using today so I’m gonna have to use fo r at least a week or so to get the loperamide out of my system is that correct?
Seems like you're not ready to quit. When iquit with just loperamide. I sweat my fking tits off at work for a week. If u don't wanna quit yet is fine. When u hit rock bottom ull do it eventually.

Seems like you're not ready to quit. When iquit with just loperamide. I sweat my fking tits off at work for a week. If u don't wanna quit yet is fine. When u hit rock bottom ull do it eventually.
There is nothing further form the truth…I am and have been ready to quit for too long now, I am just terrified of w/d

Get memantine, seriously. This med in high doses (40-60+mg, take first 1-2 doses together with H, as much as necessary and as little as possible, then taper the H and after the memantine) can take away most of opioid withdrawal. Unfortunately it can be hard to get, then try pregabalin or gabapentin, they seem to be superior to benzos for kicking opioids and easier to get scripted.

Sorry memantine
Unfortunately, in most countries including the US, it's Rx only and additionally not approved for opioid detoxification, which is kind of sad because it means that many people in need have no access to it. You need an open minded doctor to get it, or order online. There's the possibility to use dextromethorphan which is OTC as a cough reliever but be prepared to trip for a few days, DXM is strongly psychoactive - memantine in the required dosages is psychoactive too but much more clear-headed. Still, if you are afraid of withdrawing w/o aids, it might be a choice. In the lower psychoactive dosages (150-300mg maybe, there's plenty of material and calculators online, you want the second plateau I'd say but better is to just take 4 pills, wait a hour, take 2-4 more, wait 45 min, rinse and repeat) it's pretty nice and I loved using it as a teen. I'm just extrapolating here, never used DXM to actually withdraw from opiates like I did with memantine, but I read that it should work and even some doctors prescribe low doses of it alongside opiates to limit tolerance development.

Unfortunately, in most countries including the US, it's Rx only and additionally not approved for opioid detoxification, which is kind of sad because it means that many people in need have no access to it. You need an open minded doctor to get it, or order online. There's the possibility to use dextromethorphan which is OTC as a cough reliever but be prepared to trip for a few days, DXM is strongly psychoactive - memantine in the required dosages is psychoactive too but much more clear-headed. Still, if you are afraid of withdrawing w/o aids, it might be a choice. In the lower psychoactive dosages (150-300mg maybe, there's plenty of material and calculators online, you want the second plateau I'd say but better is to just take 4 pills, wait a hour, take 2-4 more, wait 45 min, rinse and repeat) it's pretty nice and I loved using it as a teen. I'm just extrapolating here, never used DXM to actually withdraw from opiates like I did with memantine, but I read that it should work and even some doctors prescribe low doses of it alongside opiates to limit tolerance development.
Wow thank u for the advice

There is nothing further form the truth…I am and have been ready to quit for too long now, I am just terrified of w/d
That's just the first 3 days, after uve gone past the worse thst mental thing gets easier to handle. U just need to do a leap of faith.... and be strong. Gl man
Btw try to get Lyrica or gabapentin, it will help alot.

Thank u 🙏🏻 yes the mental part to me has always be easy…I’m pretty healthy. I work out eat right and take supplements, get out in the sun and stay active ….it’s the physical horror that kills me and almost paralyzes me with fear