• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Using Kratom only twice a day (everyday). Do you think there will be any withdrawals in the future?

Chris42393

Bluelighter
Hello everyone! I'm currently coming off of Heroin (6th day clean!!! Yay!!) and started taking Kratom to help. I was originally going to stop taking it after the WDs were gone (which they are). Do you think taking it only twice a day (once in the morning and once at night) would be okay? Withdrawal wise for the future?

For example: Say I take Kratom for a month or 2 at 5.5g's twice a day. Do you think there would be any withdrawals? Obviously, everyone is different, but I was just wondering.

Ive never "stopped" taking Kratom, without having something else replace it. Ie. pills or heroin. So ive never experienced the WDs of just Kratom alone.

Im still planning on stopping Kratom (planning...) but I just wanted to hear what other people might think about the WD symptoms, just taking it twice a day. I dont think that would be too bad, but ive been wrong before lol.

Kratom still helps amazingly for my back pain and working Fire/Rescue, my back is ALWAYS hurting (4 herniated discs and sacroiliitis in both of my SI joints). We are always picking up people, using heavy equipment, etc. etc. I cant use marijuana at work (obviously) because it alters your mentation and I can't have that happening. Unfortunately, "pure" CBD doesn't help with any pain. I need to use THC with it to help.

Thanks, everyone!

Like you said it's different for everyone. I'll take an educated guess though based on my exp:

If you were opioid naive then I'd say you probably wouldn't experience much in the way of withdrawals from quitting 5.5g twice a day for a month of two.

Since you switched over from heroin, and already have a history of opioid addiction/withdrawals, then you are likely to experience some withdrawals. Probably some diarrhea, watering eyes/nose, lethargy, RLS, etc.

Good news is that it should be much less intense then what you'd experience from heroin withdrawals. It'll probably be over quicker too, majority of it will likely pass by around the 72 hours mark.

I started using kratom back in 2003. I started using it once a day, then twice a day. I was doing ti twice a day for a couple of months and I ran out and my next shipment got redirected all over the country and took 4 extra days to arrive for some reason, and I had withdrawals which really shocked me. I felt like I was crawling out of my skin and was really anxious, I basically laid in bed for a couple of days and then I felt better. Then my shipment came and I got right back on. Over time I ended up taking more and more until I was taking 30-50 grams a day. After years of that, I would go into full-on withdrawal 6 hours after a dose. The withdrawal was really similar to other opiate withdrawals (I've experienced heroin, oxy, kratom and poppy tea withdrawals), but less of the sickness feeling and more restlessness in the limbs than any other opioid. Like restless legs and arms. It was horrible. So just be careful. Twice a day is too much to avoid withdrawals, especially since you've experienced opiate withdrawal before, as once you've been there before it's easier to get back.

I would expect some withdrawal.

Shadow, Thanks
My addict brain is trying to find the opiate relief with out any of the danger or Pain.
I am a very big Free lunch type of guy.
Want Gain and No Pain :p

" Suffering sounds OK for the Saints Among us , but I have no interest in it"
I just need to tapper get off them.
See where and how my pain level is, what I can do to mitigate it with out meds???

I work with other cancer survivors that have been on Pain meds for Yearsssssss , and have no plan of ever coming OFF??
Only way they have any quality of life.

so the road continues,
I am happy for that
Sad news here in my small town, another young person OD
30 year old male Paul, good kid ( yes 30 to me is a kid " old Fart around here" Feels like Wall street at 30 - 30 years ago Lol haha)

This shit just scares the hell out of me!!
Has the opioid/Heroin world always been so unforgiving on its members ??

Happy Easter ???

Happy Easter. :)

This shit just scares the hell out of me!!
Has the opioid/Heroin world always been so unforgiving on its members ??

No, it hasn't. The huge prevalence of fentanyl in heroin is not something people dealt with before. It's gotten to the point, from what I understand, that it's very unlikely to even be able to find it without fentanyl. One of my best friends, about a year and a half ago now, decided to get some heroin for the first time in years. Shot up, died. We got the toxicology report back and it was fentanyl.

Watch out for that addict brain man! I remember it well. I've been off opiates and haven't touched them in 5 years, after being on them for 10. I took ibogaine and it reset my addict brain to where I could only think rationally about opiates, and I realized I was fucking crazy to be taking them like I was. It was rather like a miracle for me, totally changed my life.

So sorry for your loss!!
Same shit here, spent years wiyh a 26 year old kid, great athlete, family, $$$ 100K for rehab, invested in rehab so he could have a job!!! new years eve , in his parents house going out with Mom for dinner, just wanted to have a Fun night .......... brain dead, donated organs........ Fentanyl ☠☠☠

I took ibogaine and it reset my addict brain to where I could only think rationally about opiates,

Really,
can you tell me about it??
I have read a few pot through our search engine, and 50/50 on what I think about it from what I have read?
Thanks

Last edited:
Thanks, everyone for the reply! Sorry, it took me a while to get back. Was at work. I absolutely HATE the restless legs and arms. I recently got on a medicine called Requip (for RLS) and that helped TONS turning my recent heroin withdrawal (or it was the Kratom lol) but I have RLS regardless and it takes it away. xD

Thanks again!

It's gotten to the point, from what I understand, that it's very unlikely to even be able to find it without fentanyl. One of my best friends, about a year and a half ago now, decided to get some heroin for the first time in years. Shot up, died. We got the toxicology report back and it was fentanyl.
I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I know that feeling all too well. I just wanted to say that I read an article a while back on prices and it's fucking ridiculous how cheap fentanyl is to make. I forgot if it was $10 or $100 worth of product (i think it was $10) will take in about $800,000 on the street.

Oh yeah no doubt, it's fucking nuts, and that's why it's so prevalent.

You will almost certainly get withdrawals from these doses. If this is what it takes to keep you off H then it's definitely a better alternative.

But kratom is still going to lead you back down the road of opiate addiction. Whether it's a kratom addiction or a black market fent addiction it'll lead to more and more to satisfy until no amount is good enough.

I'm currently tapering off 40 grams of kratom a day. I've been building up to this dose over the past 2 years and have been on 40g's for about 5-8 months. I don't get anything even resembling a high anymore no matter how much I take. Kratom loses its magic if you start taking it multiple times a day, just like anything would.

The withdrawals aren't as bad as a comparable tramadol or hydrocodone habit but they aren't far behind. Also kratom has more negative mental side effects than any other opiate i've done, it seems to blunt my wit similar to how benzo's would.

Like I said, if this is your solution to a heroin addiction then yes, it's a better alternative. I'm not saying you have to be 100% clean forever but taking another opioid daily is going to lead right back to addiction.

I wrote about it, it's a very, very long story: https://www.bluelight.org/xf/threads/ibogaine-flood-dose-first-time-into-the-flood.723353/

It was truly an epic experience. Very odd, very long, and it worked entirely on a subconscious/dream level.
Thank you , I will read it!
I am off opiate today, and hope to stay???
Pain management will more than anything dictate it. I just want to see where my current real pain level is?
ibogaine , looks like a Young mans/girls game :p:rolleyes:
Not a big fan of Tripping even in my youth, so at 58 :?:?:?

Hah, well obviously I love psychedelics. Ibogaine was totally different than anything else though, it really was like I was dreaming for 3 days. It wasn't scary or anything, just super intense. It is hard on the heart so it's riskier as you get older. I did it because I truly felt it was my last option, I'd tried everything else and had gotten to the point where I no longer believed I had the power to ever quit.

You will almost certainly get withdrawals from these doses. If this is what it takes to keep you off H then it's definitely a better alternative.

But kratom is still going to lead you back down the road of opiate addiction. Whether it's a kratom addiction or a black market fent addiction it'll lead to more and more to satisfy until no amount is good enough.

I'm currently tapering off 40 grams of kratom a day. I've been building up to this dose over the past 2 years and have been on 40g's for about 5-8 months. I don't get anything even resembling a high anymore no matter how much I take. Kratom loses its magic if you start taking it multiple times a day, just like anything would.

The withdrawals aren't as bad as a comparable tramadol or hydrocodone habit but they aren't far behind. Also kratom has more negative mental side effects than any other opiate i've done, it seems to blunt my wit similar to how benzo's would.

Like I said, if this is your solution to a heroin addiction then yes, it's a better alternative. I'm not saying you have to be 100% clean forever but taking another opioid daily is going to lead right back to addiction.

Thanks for the reply! Im going to try my best to stay off of it. I have a feeling in the back of my mind, that if I do use it too much, it will lead me back to heroin (or pills). The mental side effects actually get me worse than the physical ones, so I dont even want to mess with that lol

Thanks again!