• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Using Heroin to get off subs? Or short acting opiate to get off subs?

Pinknarcotic

Greenlighter
Anyone have any luck with this? I?m not sure if it?s gonna work. I don?t wanna hear any negativity. I know people have done it, I just want to hear it from someone personally.

I?m on .25 a day of subs, I just couldn?t jump. I honestly have worst withdrawals of anyone I know. When I went to detox the doctor said he never saw anyone so bad. I ended up in hospital twice almost dying both times I kicked heroin. They were really really bad.

Anyways, I am on .2 a day I think now. So I recently switched to heroin again. I have done about half a rainbow sprinkle size worth for 12 hours last night. And this morning I did the same amount. I?m wondering if anyone has done this, how many days should I go with the switch. Maybe 5 then just stop? I will be so excited if this works.

I’ve never seen this work well.

The one opioid that does seem to work out well coming off buprenorphine is tramadol. You could also use methadone, but you’ll have to be very careful how you use it. It would be easier to use to treat acute withdrawal than heroin or short acting opioids though. I’ve also seen people use kratom to get off buprenorphine.

Really though comfort meds are what you’ll really benefit from. As long as you taper off the buprenorphine properly and use appropriate comfort meds (clonidine, gabapentin, diazepam, loperamide, etc).

Acute buprenorphine withdrawal last about 7-14 days, so it isn’t a good idea to use heroin for that as you’re likely to end up having to dealing with stopping the heroin.

If you can work with a doctor so you can get proper comfort meds. Outside that kratom is pretty accessible.

Ya the problem is that heroin is short acting and you won?t get the relief long enough to endure those 2 weeks, unless you only did it every few days 1 time a day in small amounts to help alleviate some withdrawals, but even then I could see it turning into every other day real quick...
If I were you I?d try painkillers that have mgs to them to measure out and take them orally in order to have them last longer.
Like stated above, tramadol would help, I?ve never tried kratom (by the way what are the best types of kratom for withdrawals? And how much do people take typically for relief and how often? I think both pink narcotic and I are interested)
Methadone is just a road I don?t even want to look at or start even a little bit I?m terrified of it.
They don?t call it liquid handcuffs for nothing

I don’t understand if the worst withdrawals happen for 2 weeks. I’m sick at 12 hours. I made it 26 hours while sweating, snot running down my face, sitting in the bathtub rocking, feeling like my bones are breaking. Hot, cold puking over the side. Once I got out I was jerking and having such extreme full body RLS I ended up taking .2. If that lasts 2 weeks and that was just 26 hours there is no way I’ll ever get off of it. I tried he Kratom it did nothing. I tried 6 different strains. I don’t understand how I’m still having such bad withdrawals on .2 a day?!? How does anyone get off subs? Heroin withdrawals are shorter and my body couldn’t make it through those without hospital intervention.

yes I’m curious on the Kratom strands as well. Also I did methadone for years I will never go back to that again. I’m much happier on subutex and that’s not saying much lol.

To be honest I?m not very knowleagble about subuxone, everytime I?ve tried taking it for heroin withdrawals it failed for some reason. I?d always feel bad even if I waited 20+ hours (very rarely did I wait 24+ hours, but when I did it barely worked) I always end up shooting up to fix the subuxone feeling and just end up wasting it. I?ve always had to taper my H and detox cold turkey, but right now I?m going through a lot in my personal life and it?s overwhelming me and making detox seem impossible. I have to try subs it?s my best and only option right now, I?m about to be on the streets in 2-3 days, no more having dad or siblings around me. Gotta pay for a roomate and I can?t imagine kicking around some strangers so I gotta figure out some taper. I hope it works out for us maybe kratom will help but I don?t know what strain and how many grams to take and how often

I am not up on subs besides being a partial antagonist. Couldn?t it be volumetrically dosed orally, to titrate the dose down further?

I highly suggest that heroin stay out of whatever Pinknarcotic chooses to do.

I don’t understand if the worst withdrawals happen for 2 weeks. I’m sick at 12 hours. I made it 26 hours while sweating, snot running down my face, sitting in the bathtub rocking, feeling like my bones are breaking. Hot, cold puking over the side. Once I got out I was jerking and having such extreme full body RLS I ended up taking .2. If that lasts 2 weeks and that was just 26 hours there is no way I’ll ever get off of it. I tried he Kratom it did nothing. I tried 6 different strains. I don’t understand how I’m still having such bad withdrawals on .2 a day?!? How does anyone get off subs? Heroin withdrawals are shorter and my body couldn’t make it through those without hospital intervention.

yes I’m curious on the Kratom strands as well. Also I did methadone for years I will never go back to that again. I’m much happier on subutex and that’s not saying much lol.

How did you taper? Getting off something like buprenorphine with any degree of ease requires (a) a long, slow taper of dose reduction no more than 10%/week, (b) comfort meds and (c) a schedule for self care that keeps you from going insane.

Why wouldn't you stay at .2 or even up to .5 for a few days instead of heroin. If you're truely trying to quit you wouldn't be switching back and forth like that. You're really screwing up progress going back and forth even if you're only taking 0.25mg (which is quite frankly nothing unless you've recently tapered from a much higher dose like 4-8mg for a few months or longer) tbh its not just about adjusting your dosage to get as easy of a kick as possible, there's other stuff that makes much more of an impact like making sure your on a standardized dosage every day so youre getting proper rest and nutrition.

If what you're trying to do is be on a low enough daily dose of sub to where you can intermittedly use low/moderate dosages of heroin then you're actually doing that already.

Learning to meditate is suuuuuper helpful transition away from opioid use. Just sayn :)

ive done this...i belive its better than coming off any dose of subs even down to 0.1 mg or less of sub...as long as the dose of short opiate is equally tapered down low also before jumping off.

i used fent patches cut down smaller and smaller for a few weeks after switching from subs...coming off was pretty easy, i went down to 2 mcg/hr of fent

the only caveat is that the fent patches are continuous relase similar to a maintenence med of long halflife like sub. the up and down of short acting opioid oral dosage makes things harder to taperr down

So I went from 4mg to .25 in the matter of 2 weeks. I been on the .25 for 19 months now. It’s not almost nothing the withdrawals still kick my ass. I am 48 hours free of subs and took a small tiny dose this morning of h. I am gonna wait 16 hours then do even smaller. I have no issues or readily available heroin. I honestly don’t even feel it, and I’m at a point in my life I just want to be free. The only thing that’s hard is trying to figure out the dose of the heroin. It’s like minuscule pieces but still uneven. I have one more tiny crumb left and I’m not doing it till midnight tonight. I did last dose 9am this morning. I feel this is working and I am shocked how well. Heroin is out in 8 hours average. But at 11 hours I barely felt that bad. Even though I had underlying sub withdrawals.

I was on such a low dose of subs that i was in full withdrawal as stated above at 26 hours. By 12 hours I’m hurting by 18 it’s bad and 26 im dying.

ive done this...i belive its better than coming off any dose of subs even down to 0.1 mg or less of sub...as long as the dose of short opiate is equally tapered down low also before jumping off.

i used fent patches cut down smaller and smaller for a few weeks after switching from subs...coming off was pretty easy, i went down to 2 mcg/hr of fent

the only caveat is that the fent patches are continuous relase similar to a maintenence med of long halflife like sub. the up and down of short acting opioid oral dosage makes things harder to taperr down
I did the same thing, using fent, but I went straight from 8mg to tapering with fent.
It was certainly uncomfortable but I found it to be easier than trying to kick the sub.
Heroin though: I mean you obviously never know the strength.
I would make sure I was using something pharmaceutical at least.