• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Using GABA during Suboxone taper

lucifersam666

Bluelight Crew
Hey BL family,

Has anyone used gabapentin or pregabalin to minimize the discomfort while tapering off suboxone? If so, what was your experience like with it/ your dosage/ what did it do for you?
If not, does anyone have any other suggestion that's effective; holistically or pharmaceuticals?

I have currently been taking 4mg - 6mg per day for the passed 2 months (previously lowered from 8mg per day)... I originally started on 16mg per day one year ago.

I've been doing great sticking to my tapering program and it has been really really easy. But now it seems that I am stuck at this dosage. Anytime I try to go lower than 4mg, I seem to start feeling discomfort and mild w/d symptoms around day 2 or 3.

Maybe I am jumpin' the gun and not fully stabilized on this dosage yet -- I have been on this regiment for ~2 months (thoughts?). If that be the case, then I need to just stay on this dosage for a bit longer. What do y'all think? But either way, I will taper completely off, and I know that I may need an additional medication to accompany my taper to make these last transitions as comfortable as possible.

Thanks for reading this. Any input would be appreciated.

Cheers,
LS

Its just starting to get hard now. And it will get even more discomfort for you. Gabapentin does help somewhat for tapering but try to only use it for like a week after you have lowered the dose. You should use it everytime you lower the dose for week.

Thanks, schizopath. I will keep this in mind.

I will talk to my doctor about it next visit. Gabapentin is one drug I have zero knowledge or experience with. I am also curious as to how terrible is it going from 1mg to 0.5mg suboxone to jumping off completely. I'm not in a rush but that inevitable anticipation is real as fuck lol

After 1mg the drops are simply fucking horrible, if you can legally or illegally get pregabalin use it for dropping off. Benzos calm you down too and you will get sleep with them. Even antipsychotics help for dropping off.