• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Using Fentanyl Patch Orally

JohnnyVee

Greenlighter
Hi all! I have read that many people will cut a piece or two of the Fentanyl patch and place it in their mouth for a period of time. Some people say to chew it, but I think they really mean to place it in one's mouth as I am sure the bio-availability of the patch is much more effective sublinguilly where as chewing it will waste a lot of the drug and its pleasureable effects. Does anyone have idea how long a piece of a Fent. patch can last by taking it in the aforementioned method of placing it between one's cheek and gums? Will the actual drug itself be all released sublingually in about an hours time? Can one keep it there for about an hour or two and then return to the same piece a few hours later and still get some of the drug? Thanks for your responses ahead of time!

To start off, I wouldn't touch fent patches unless you're an experienced opiate user. They're extremely potent and one of the easiest opiates to accidentally OD off of.

And what is the dosage of the patch you're gonna use? (unless these are just theoretical questions)
__

I always chew it for about an hour or so, sometimes more. But I'm fairly sure most of the drug is released after about 30 minutes or so of manipulation inside your mouth...so I wouldn't take it out and put it back in. I read this number online before but I can't seem to find an article to verify, so take that info with a grain of salt. It's definitely what I've noticed anecdotally though...the high usually peaks for me in about 30-40 minutes after placing it in my mouth.

If you're wanting to redose, just cut the patch into smaller pieces so that you can redose as needed. You can wear the patch for 3 days and then chew on the patch, but once it enters your mouth I wouldn't be too keen on putting it back in unless I only had it in there for a very short time.

just stick to wearing it in my opinion. too dangerous to fuck with.
especially since you never told us anything about your tolerance.

Fentanyl has a lower oral bioavailability than transdermal, so you're better off just wearing it than chewing it up. Either way, it is extremely potent no matter how you take it, so unless you have a significant tolerance, I'd tread carefully.

Do not abuse fentanyl patches, wear them as prescribed by your doctor.

Thanks for all the great info here. I have one fentanyl 25 mg patch and just cut it into quarters and put one between my gums. It's been about 14 minutes. Nothing significant yet, but a nice floaty feeling. I have a chronic injury and can take about 100 mgs of oxys easily, but they've just outlawed them up here in Canada.

I'm trying to get off opiates, but a friend gave me the patch and I just couldn't help myself. This is a great resource. Thank you for all of the good safe advice. I would never smoke it or try and shoot it. I know that it's dangerous shit and I don't shoot up or snort anyway.

Drug will last like 12 hours 24 hours at least that's how long oral febt keeps ms well. I place it so it's surface is on my inner cheek or between teeth n front lip or under the tongue. No need to chew. I used lots of fent using only this roa so u can pm me if u want

Quick question. I get 100 fentanyl patches. I cut off about an 8th and used it orally. How long will the medication stay on before I can throw it away?

Oral is a waste with matrix...doesn't work....100 percent BA if worn on skin....wear on skin and heat with blowdryer....be careful an 8th of a 100 sound like too much if u aren't opiate dependent.

I have no dependency and am wearing am 8th of a 25 right now and I feel it slightly....enough to eliminate my horrible spinal pain also.

When I had an opiate tolerance from using heroin, I found some fentanyl patches in my mom's bathroom and cut them into about 1/2" or smaller squares and chewed them. They definitely got me high, enough to where I was nodding off in the middle of conversations and stuff like that. I wouldn't recommend using them this way, though, especially if you don't have a tolerance, because like some other users have said, this stuff is very potent and can easily lead to overdose. Good luck, whatever you decide to do!

i took have chronic paint from a motorcycle accident, tell me more about the blow dryer method, I have 25 mcgs patches every 72hr with five Norco per day for breakthrough pain, I have tried oral and chewing the patch it seems hit or miss "no pun intended, well maybe?:) school me on the blowdryer method done the heating pad before with not much effect.been on these meds for literaly thiry years with changes every few years, any thoughs or guidance would be appreciated. looking for a little buzz from the cocktails every now and then, the heat method seems good, the sucking/oral is ok but not consistent