Using dreams

Poppy-jay

Greenlighter
Hey,

I've not used for 6-7 months now.
And I often get dreams once or twice a week that I'm at the doctors trying my hardest to get a prescription for benzos and will do anything to convince the doctor I need them. If it's not that it's where I'm in a pharmacy that I either have pretended I work there so staff are none of the wiser or the pharmacy is closed and I'm always looking for benzos. In both dreams I never get the benzos. Either they don't have them in stock or I can't find them on the shelves.

I have no urge in my awake life to use them. But obviously do in my dreams.
Why is this happening? I feel guilty for a short period after waking.
Why is this?

I think the "why" part is rather easy to answer.

It used to be a part of your life. You probably had fun for a bit. Maybe some part of you misses them.

Dreams are a great window to the subconcious. Feeling guilty isn't doing anything good for you, dude.

I have drug dreams frequently. Last night it was about popping pills in my room.

I get them once in awhile too and wake up in a panic. It's always such a relief when I wake up and it was just a nightmare. I can't ever actually do heroin in my dream because something always gets in the way and the dream is all about trying to get high! A lot of people get them.

Using dreams are normal and a part of recovery. I've been sober for over two years now, and still get them, one every couple of months. In my dreams there are time when I use and times when I am trying use but can't..very arbitrary. I don't get cravings and have found that stress doesn't seem to be a factor on when I have a using dream. They're strangely fascinating. Try not to be concerned by the Poppy-jay, and try not to ruminate on it when you have one. They're normal and will eventually become fewer and farther between. Good luck!

When Philip Seymour Hoffman died from an OD and it was all over the news I ended up having a dream about doing dope with Seymour fucking Hoffman. I barely knew of him before his OD, yet here I am dreaming about slamming dope with him. And I never slammed, only smoked. What sense does that make?