• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Using dissociatives daily - experiences?

dopamimetic

Bluelighter
Appears to be something most people can't understand, but I'm having a serious relationship with NMDA antagonists. This doesn't lead to psychosis or whatever, but it's a path to myself. The only one I know of or have yet encountered. Weird genetics.

For me, the pluses do greatly outweigh the negatives (as long as there are no factors involved like prohibition or money and such) it's more of a therapeutical than any of the meds I've tried.

But well.. I'm always wary and thinking about what might be possible. Would love to read your experiences with using NMDA antags daily.

I have been taking 12 mg doses of MXE around four times a day now for a couple months. I haven't experienced any negative effects at all honestly, besides the last day or so. I ran out and won't be able to have any more for a couple of weeks. I notice a lot of irritability, but that's really it. MXE seems really safe compared to almost all other drugs. It's surprising because it has the power to rock your world, but is also incredibly forgiving at the same time. I will miss it, and can only hope it makes a drastic comeback while it is still legal.

I haven't had any dissociatives (well, unless you count a fairly large dose of Syrian Rue as such), but I'm curious as to how taking them regularly would affect your daily functioning? I'm guessing it would make working and stuff more difficult, but I'd like to hear what you have to say.

MXE is actually very functional in my experience when compared to other dissociatives like ketamine and DXM. It helps feel content even when doing the most mundane type of work (I work in a factory 57 hours a week). But I take very small doses, anything higher then yes, work would definitely become more difficult. I am certainly not suggesting anyone else do this, because it is a dependency thing and a mental addiction, but it has been helping me nonetheless with minimal bad effects to list, besides running out and wanting more because it would be nice. I actually have 25 mgs left but I am trying to save it for new years.

Interesting. Thanks for the response. So it's more of a micro-dosing thing, then?

Pretty much. Sometimes I'll dose a little more at night if I don't have to work the next day but I never go above 50 mgs. I have holed a few times but it isn't ever really my intention.

You're so lucky to still have MXE available... since the ban it's become inaccessible and this stuff was just magical for me. I'd give so much for a good steady supply of it. I'm currently stuck with ketamine and while it does work too, it's not half as good as MXE. That one literally had everything I've needed, just that I didn't know it back then.. it turned me from a depressive, introverted, anxious nerd into someone I and other people actually liked. Without any efforts, it was just there. Somehow I think of MXE to be what all the opiate addicts are longing for but don't get out off their heroin.. really remarkable that the dissociatives don't appear to be physically addicting at all when they have so great effects.

But yeah this is why I've started this thread. We'll be having 2'-oxo-pce available, that's an analogue of MXE.

Probably there's no way around, I'll be using it when I'm able to get my hands on it. Am even considering custom synthesis of some magical arylcyclohexylamine.

How are your experiences with tolerance development and such?

Interesting thread, dopaminetic!
Good to hear that dissociatives help you dealing with your life when nothing elso does. I used 60mg DXM 2-4 times a week for years to boost my kratom high and for tolerance prevention, it worked fine for both issues. I stopped both kratom and DXM and felt no difference, no positive or negative effects.

Unfortunately DXM doesn't really work for me, I find it to be a really dirty drug with a ton of bad side effects and a strong dysphoric side to it - but it's the only legal one besides memantine, so I'm stuck with the latter currently. From time to time I take ketamine, but don't have a supply for it any more ... am hoping for 2'-Oxo-PCE now, the new RC dissociative. Using the arylcyclohexylamines daily is a sustainable possibility for me, but with DXM or these other 'new-gen' NMDA antagonists like diphenidine, ephenidine I'd go crazy and they feel heavily toxic too (curiously enough, the average human appears to react to ketamine/the ACHs like I do to DXM, there's that often cited 'ketamine/PCP model of schizophrenia' but my reaction to the ACHs is different, they are truly normalizing- weird). Somehow I suspect DXM and the related molecules (diphenidine, methoxphenidine and ephenidine are all structurally closer to DXM than to ketamine/MXE) to bind to a different sub unit of the NMDA receptor complex. Sigma receptors might be involved too but think it's mainly about NMDA sub units.

But yeah, many people report DXM to work for tolerance prevention etc.

Some people do manage to navigate the range of physical side-effects from DXM and use it daily (not that I would recommend someone doing so). It tends to last longer than comparable dissociatives, both in the main effects and the afterglow during the DXM -> DXO conversion. DXM has more prominent effects on serotonin than MXE, and definitely more than ketamine, which makes it similar in tone to anti-depressants in the SSRI class.

Personally, I've used DXM and MXE on a daily or near-daily basis in the past, and I wouldn't recommend either on such a basis. MXE, in particular, seemed to evoke profound depressive feelings when I used it in such a fashion which manifested into that feeling of doom that is familiar to most psychedelic users. Not a good feeling, at all. Some people manage to avoid it and function -- even hyper-function -- very well on it, but there's not many that I've known who can sustain it for a long time, if at all.

I hate DXM. When I used MXE/3-meo-pcp/ketamine daily i always ended up hurting on the comedown. Like my body would just feel like I got kind of beat up from putting too much stress on it.

Yeah, MXE is pretty unique in the regard of being able to induce feelings of all-encompassing sadness up to doom. I used to get this when dosed above a certain threshold and it repeatedly made me to throw away my remaining stash ... pharmacologically speaking, I attribute this to the 3-HO metabolite that's an opioid. Because of the pronounced dissociation, the opioid effects are different and hard to spot but they are there and while the NMDA antagonism blocks development of physical dependence, there is a strong mental rebound when the metabolite leaves the system. Could have to do with the pharnacokinetics, in that the opioid agonism is taking place slightly longer than the NMDA antagonism of the main compound.

I am one of these who do hyper-function when on dissociatives (otherwise I'm pretty disabled, a long story) and it appears like I could sustain this for pretty long time, but that's why I've started this thread, to get experiences from others and puzzle things together.

alfredosauce, hurting in which way?