View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Help! Using codeine to constrict pupils from LSD

Dodgy21

Greenlighter
Hi, so I was thinking of taking half a tab of acid a few hours after codeine to try and counter-act the dilated pupils, has anyone had any experience with this?
How often do you take each drug?
Another quick question I can’t find, how long after you take the tab, do they START dilating.
I understand that they usually stay until you sleep, or 12+ hours.
I’m planning on taking ~ half of a 240ug tab.

hi, i doubt codeine can counteract LSD. dilating is gonna start as the lsd starts working so 45-90min yea ur pupils are gona be saucers untill u sleep... also codeine is so short acting it would stop after couple of hours id it would work. ofcoors people are different and all i know many people whos eyes dont dilate anymore but theyve been taking it decades and abusing

If you try it plese come and report back, or better yet write a trip report in the subforum

Okay so here are the rough results, I ended up eating 1/3 or about 80ug, could have been a little less as it was t very psychedelic, although I don’t KNOW what to expect at that dose.
I CWE’d around 12pm and consumed that, I use 16 nurofen plus, 12.8mg codeine in each.
I have a tolerance to codeine and have used two days prior.
Feeling great already, I pop a third in at dead on 4pm.
Skip an hour and quarter, this is where I remember things starting to change, very minor, but noticeable.
About 2 and a half hours in and vision is more colourful, very very slight breathing but nothing great.
I have checked for pupil dilation frequently until this point, and so far so good, nothing there.
Played rust for a couple hours, watched some tv, checked a couple times throughout, still medium sized.
Now I was quite disappointed y this experience so it could be too low a dose for it to affect my pupils.
I’m thinking of trying today with the rest, 2/3 and a full one. Will keep updated.
Oh I also forgot to mention i was smoking cannabis from like 12, up until about 9. I’m a very heavy smoker anyway, but it affects lsd wayyy more and so wouldn’t recommend unless you want intensity

Okay so here are the rough results, I ended up eating 1/3 or about 80ug, could have been a little less as it was t very psychedelic, although I don’t KNOW what to expect at that dose.
I CWE’d around 12pm and consumed that, I use 16 nurofen plus, 12.8mg codeine in each.
I have a tolerance to codeine and have used two days prior.
Feeling great already, I pop a third in at dead on 4pm.
Skip an hour and quarter, this is where I remember things starting to change, very minor, but noticeable.
About 2 and a half hours in and vision is more colourful, very very slight breathing but nothing great.
I have checked for pupil dilation frequently until this point, and so far so good, nothing there.
Played rust for a couple hours, watched some tv, checked a couple times throughout, still medium sized.
Now I was quite disappointed y this experience so it could be too low a dose for it to affect my pupils.
I’m thinking of trying today with the rest, 2/3 and a full one. Will keep updated.
Oh I also forgot to mention i was smoking cannabis from like 12, up until about 9. I’m a very heavy smoker anyway, but it affects lsd wayyy more and so wouldn’t recommend unless you want intensity
Yeah I would have said it would be really dose dependant, so taking 90mg codeine and 250ug tab would probably be ineffective. It seems like you're having a good time due to the added codeine fx too.
Have fun!

Yes that’s one big part of it, but also how frequently it is used, the following day, I dosed again with the rest.
Remainder of the tab (2/3)
And a full.
Same cwe, 12.8x16 codeine.
Only 1.5 hours before.
Eyes stayed relatively normal sized, effects were greater than previous day, although not greatly, according to the calculator it would equal around 250ug assuming the tabs are dosed correctly,
I also have a question, I have had various tabs before, however, I had some cat in the hats the first time and Jesus Christ were they brilliant, tracers galore, none of the other ones I have done have been anywhere near as good on the visual side although the come up is the same.
Does every batch vary? Is it all the same chemical or will things have slightly changed?
I am going to experiment soon with 2cb and so will update once again.

doping paper varies even within the batch.
gels are more evenly doped, s
o if you can get lsd gels every piece is the same strength by size

love gel pyramids

So is it entirely down to the dose on the tab? These recent ones had more of a rainbow shimmery effect, whereas the first ones I ever had, were more tracers, scenery slicing, and it’s hard to explain, but I would “flow” with the music?

Yea I’ve done opiates and psychedelics plenty. Serotonin induced mydriasis beats opiate induced miosis every time.

-GC
This.

Opioids cause miosis by cutting off adrenaline release to the pupil. As serotonin as well as adrenaline can dialate the pupil, absence of adrenaline won't counteract the pupil dials toon from a serotonergic drug.

I take 60mg of dihydrocodeine (prescribed for pain) and if taken with 150ug of allyl LAD, there is no massively dilated pupils. This dose also works on stimulant dilation.