• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Using antidepressants to enhance weed?

shotgunfacelift

Greenlighter
Hey,
I have lots of 15mg Zoloft and Prozac. I know that they take a few weeks to kick in. Does anyone know if they are safe to take with weed? If so, do they enhance the experience?

If you are prescribed SSRIs like Zoloft and Prozac they are safe to take with cannabis; but they don't enhance the cannabis high or anything.

Zoloft and Prozac do not cause dangerous interactions with weed; they are, however, completely devoid of any recreational potential, unless you consider serotonin syndrome (nausea, confusion, hyperthermia, seizures...) "recreational".

The main thing to watch out for while on SSRI's is their interaction with Tramadol (which will get you less high, and be more likely to give you a seizure).

And a million other drugs. And serotonin syndrome, while possible if you took 100 of them, is a risk, it would be pretty far down my list on why not to take SSRIs recreationally with number one being they arent recreational.

Alright everybody, thanks! I haven't been prescribed to them for about a year now, so it's not like I need them anymore, anyway. I appreciate the help, so thanks again!