• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Using adderall ford studying for the first time

wavybravey

Greenlighter
So I have final exams coming up and I have a huge math and science exam I need good grades on. This is my first time taking adderall and I have 2 20mg pills. I heard that you're supposed to take the adderall when studying and take it during the test or else you won't do too well on the test. Only thing is, I don't really want to be taking adderall at school. Also I got two pills because I only wanted to use them for studying and not for the test. Should I use it for the test and buy more? I don't want to be high on adderall for 3 days straight which is what would have to happen because I have my math final Thursday and my Chem final Friday. What should I do?

it is of my opinion that using amps to study is not a good idea. it is a habit many students have and is not an efficient way to excel in school. amps will help you complete your work and read a lot but as for completing your work well and retaining knowledge... after the brain amp tax i'm pretty sure it becomes almost useless to depend on for academic success.

but that's just me.. you'll probably see and hear of many that successfully use amps for academics but as a university student myself, i rather be able to get good grades on my own and without drugs :).

Never really used it for anything other than writing papers in college. Never for retaining information.

Okay i was in the same situation as you last week. I used adderall 2 days in a row to study and then 3 days after that during the exams. Some people might disgree with me but i would definitely take it in school during the test. I find it especially good for writing essays and solving math stuff. It just makes me write like a machine.
I took 10mg each day before exam and it helped me cuz i have very little tolerance.
Imo if u take it to study the day before exam and dont take it the next day before exam ur performance would be worse because ur sorta coming down from it.
Also after u write a paper on adderall it sorta makes me really hyped and makes me think "holy shit did i really write that?! Im a fucking machine!"

Have you used adderall before? If not it would be dumb to use it the first time before your test. You have no idea how you'll react and if it sets off a panic attack you're grades are screwed.

This thread has been reincarnated more times that I can remember. OP, I'd encourage you to use the search engine in the future before creating a new thread. Believe it or not, questions surrounding Amphetamine (Adderall) and studying are pretty common ;).

It just helps us cut down on clutter is all. Thanks for understanding sir.

it is of my opinion that using amps to study is not a good idea. it is a habit many students have and is not an efficient way to excel in school. amps will help you complete your work and read a lot but as for completing your work well and retaining knowledge... after the brain amp tax i'm pretty sure it becomes almost useless to depend on for academic success.

but that's just me.. you'll probably see and hear of many that successfully use amps for academics but as a university student myself, i rather be able to get good grades on my own and without drugs :).

^EXACTLY. Using amphetamines to study isn't as productive as getting your hands on a version of choline and a racetam or two. Amphetamines just create energy and increase focus for a short period. The racetams promote synaptic plasticity and improve memory, which makes learning easier and memorizing things easier too. The stimulants are better suited to focus and concentration - supposedly, I've seen and experienced more cases of people getting really dumb and dopey on them. But once they wear off you're just back where you started pretty much.

And if you don't try it before the test, you don't know if you're going to have a bad reaction. Some times stimulants like methylphenidate and amphetamine can cause a sort of stimulating anxiety and brain fog. As others have said...y ou also don't want to have a panic attack during the test, as that can happen too. I would at least take 5mg before hand to see how you react. The psychostimulants are powerful, especially if all you're really used to is caffeine.