Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Using a vac distill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmaspore6

Greenlighter
Hi blue lighters
Swims new to blue light and I have a question that he'd really like to ask you advances chemists (swim is no advanced chemist so bare with) okay so Reading zubrick, everything's straight forward, swim has the distillation apparatus. Making sure all joints are greased and and tight in place. Have a stirring hot plate under a sauce pan to heat the flask, thermometer is attached, stands are in place. So now the vacuum. I read in zubrick as well as other sources, I attach the vacuum, water vacuum it may be, in swims case a water aspirator. In this would close the distillation so no other unwated gases an such would interfere with the distillation so we're getting the purer form or what we want (from swims understanding) However swim read
zubrick saying make sure to leave the connector open to the air or else the apparatus will explode. Any help clarifying what "open air" pertains to Would be greatly appreciated.

We don't "swim" in BL. Just wanted to say that, I have no chemistry knowledge.

Open air is just the normal air. And unless your product is unstable to the air u don't have to keep the setup cut off from normal air and under inert gas

We don't use SWIM or discuss synthesis here. Please read the rules before posting again.

Status
Not open for further replies.