• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives Using 80x salvia extract sublingually/bucally?

fugme

Bluelighter
I like salvia because serotonergic psychedelics just don't make me trip or have visual distortion / hallucinations. HOWEVER, i really hate smoking salvia, it distracts me from the experience. Has anyone every tried taking few dozen milligrams of the extract and just let it sit under your tongue for half an hour?
Would that work? I assume it would make the trip less intense and last longer, but i could always just up the dosage if needed.

I've tried 20x extract bucally to no effect. Same with tincture. Dried leaf never worked. Fresh leaf, however--that always worked.

Plenty of other people have found the above methods to work, but I personally have not.

I got some subtle effects slowly chewing dried plant material, so with 80x I would be really careful as you could easily overdose. And overdosing salvia is no joke...

In any case, I doubth they really do x80. I would be most like, idk, 10x?

So be extra careful and titrate up slowly

I used to take the Daniel Siebert extract - "An extraordinary potion of enchantment" - one of the first drugs I ever tried. Subluingal but it used to take the skin off your mouth if you held it too long. Then I'd lay down with my eyes closed, I'd get the sensation of sinking and sinking down into some place in my childhood, but it tended to be the same place and it never really changed or did much. Felt interesting but it was so expensive I had to call it a day. Siebert must have made a fucking fortune out of that

@fugme
even though salvia is traditionally purported to be taken orally in chewed quids of 32 leaves, it is a massive effort to ingest enough salvinorin to be absorbed to a critical amount in 90 seconds.

if you smoke, within 90 seconds you peak and begin sliding down slowly after 6-10 minutes or so. the whole amount absorbed in 90 seconds sets the level of your trip.

naturally if you eat 50 or 60 times the smoked amount you will at some point reach a similar blood level of the drug, but the gut absorbs it very slowly.
the drug salvinorin-A is a waxy solid at body temperature,
like how fast will you absorb a paraffin candle or beeswax - this is what we are up against with salvia.
I extracted mine and doped up cigarette papers and a tiny fragment which burns in less than a second works like a charm. more than 100 times as effective as leaves or elixir. and the amount of smoke is negligible.

you can extract from your extract and put it on cigarette paper. (it will turn the paper dark green)
this is the simplest solution. and a tiny bit of smoking.

The experience of smoked salvia divinorum was very different than that when I used it buccally. The latter took twenty minutes to start to come on, rose gradually, and lasted for 1-2hrs iirc. It was more like tumbling backwards into a lucid dream.

Which is preferred, by people who’ve tried both, sublingual or smoked?

-GC

it's a piece of cake and a snap to dose extract orally. weight and put a tiny bit in a glass of water and drink it. or eat it. 80 x for example. doesn't cost that much cheap. dose carefully

AFAIK it's not taken orally, since it doesn't get absorbed. It even says so on the wikipedia. Do you perhaps require massive dosages to get that small percentage in your system?

Its not orally active you take it subluingal. Or rectally. (It takes the skin off your bum grapes)

subluingini lasts a lot longer than smoked - I used to go to a place with a hedge and a fucking red post box in my memories and just sit there like a fucknut.

I have always smoke Salvia. I quidded a few times with dried leaf. It worked but was mild. I noticed with quidding I needed no distractions. Any little noise was irritating. That is the same for smoking, but I can find a dark quiet place for 10 minutes unlike the hour or two of quidding. I need to get the set and setting better.

One day I will quid with fresh leaves. That I wait with anticipation although i do like the short propelling effect of smoked.

But Salvia has been an ally of mine and although I am not sure about the oral effect of an extract I can say a few definitive things (for me) that I have realized.

It can have a pain killing effect. A numbing of physical pain but mostly emotional pain. I remember I was so bothered by something once and I smoked Salvia and it took that issue and stuck it way back in my mind to get it out of the way. It totally shielded me. In the afterglow the issue was such a small issue yet I realized it had controlled me the last week or so. That amazed me.

I remember one time I had shoulder pain and had Salvia session and it put the pain to the background. I am not sure of this is an effect of kappa stimulation or just a mental consolidating it does. But it can put things in the background. At least for the session and afterglow. There are pain killing qualities.
It is so powerful that I am willing to bet it can be used as an ally for certain withdrawals. I tried it for opiate withdrawal once and it helped. I have no benzo withdrawal experience so not sure what it could do there.

Salvia is powerful and can be a great ally. I would for sure ask for it's help in any withdrawal. Excellent thought to use it. I am surprised Salvia is so passed over. It has helped me more than I can say. The way it rearranges reality, ask it to come out of the trance free of benzos. :) You never know.

Woah that was a pleasure to read for me today. I woke up having a very shitty day and decided to take 10mg + 10-15mg 3-meo-pce to dissociate myself, but i ended up in disso limbo similar to O-PCE. Coincidentally i have decided to take a vacation next week to withdraw from benzos and here you are posting about using salvia for that purpose! Since it's strong psychedelic I know i'll be rolling the dice between hell on earth or blissful withdrawal, so i'll see how it goes. Thanks!

for extract, I used an emptied teabag - tie it up good and chew away.

eventually the teabag breaks usually and then it gets messy