• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Uses for weed after making QWISO?

Doldrugs

Bluelighter
Does anyone have experience doing a further extraction from weed after doing a quick iso wash? It seems unlikely such a fast extraction wouldn't leave a lot of cannabinoids behind, but when I searched I couldn't find anyone talking about baking or anything with the left over weed. Everyone just says "throw it out." Seems like a waste, no?

After the iso wash the left overs rare pretty much garbage there's nothing good left in them. You could also refine your QWISO wash instead of worrying about the left overs.

It's worth it to do exactly 2 extractions.

(1) One quick wash for your top shelf light amber color oil and (2) one long wash (bottom shelf) for your dark-almost black color oil. Obviously you don't want to be dabbing the the second extraction, but it's still good to use to beef up a mediocre joint or bowl, or even make edibles out of. You should be getting a bit more weight from the second extraction as well.

Extraction one is the quick wash (about a 10-15 second wash) and extraction two is the long one (about a 2 minute wash).

Has anyone actually tried to make canna oil with the remains or are we going on rumor only? I know the prevailing opinion is that after the wash you throw out the weed. I was just wondering if anyone had actually tested the theory. Cooking seems to get the vast majority of the good stuff out of any part of the plant in my experience. Is washing in iso for less than 3 total minutes really so effective as to strip everything out as well?

^^ This is the first mention of making canna oil here, I'm not sure what rumor you are talking about.

As I said, I have and do use the remains to do a second extraction and make two different hash oil qualities.

Canna oil is going to dominate the taste of your product, if you don't mind a dark green butter that taste extremely bitter yes you can make canna oil edibles from your remains (however I doubt anyone will claim they have done this here). Just make sure you properly dry the iso off of the bud before you mix it in with the butter. They will be weak, probably taste bad, but it will work.

Edit:
Also, this is assuming a 10 second wash. If you do only one wash with 3 minutes, you are likely to take almost EVERYTHING out of that damn plant.