• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

News Users of class A drugs in UK face losing passports, say reports of proposals

thegreenhand

Administrator
Staff member
Users of class A drugs in UK face losing passports, say reports of proposals

Users of class A drugs in the UK would face losing their passports or driving licences under proposals reportedly set to be unveiled this week.

Boris Johnson will this week launch a 10-year plan to tackle drug-related crime, which will include travel bans, harsher sentences for drug dealers and measures to break up county lines gangs.

According to the Sun on Sunday, some of the measures will be designed to target “middle class” users to act as a “deterrent for well-off professionals who peddle coke at swanky clubs and dinner parties”.

“We need to look at new ways of penalising them. Things that will actually interfere with their lives,” the prime minister told the paper. “So we will look at taking away their passports and driving licences.”

He added: “What I want to see is a world in which we have penalties for lifestyle drug users that will seriously interfere with their enjoyment of their own lifestyles.”

The Guardian
Jamie Grierson
5 Dec 2021

Last edited:
What a joke. Warmed-over “get tough” rhetoric combined with a total misunderstanding of drug use as a societal issue, yawn

It’s just a political issue for dopes like Johnson, though, so it actually probably doesn’t matter if it’s an effective piece of social policy or beats any semblance to reality.

Apparently Boris Johnson has it out for his younger self…

“Yes. I tried it at university and I remember it vividly. And it achieved no pharmacological, psychotropical or any other effect on me whatsoever.” (Source)

Basically the coke version of ‘I didn’t inhale’ lol

It's sad to see that this sort of punitive drug hysteria is going on in the U.K. right now. Seems most of the Western world has been broadly moving away from knee-jerk reactions like this.

As usual, this will undoubtedly affect the common man more than the 'middle class drug users' that this is supposed to be aimed at. I can't see the city kids and high flyers having their passports revoked. International trade and banking will be too adversely affected.

Meanwhile in other UK drug news...

"The Sunday Times reported that commons officials had received reports last month that cannabis could be smelt in an open space – often used by staff for cigarette breaks – between two parliamentary buildings housing MPs’ offices and committee rooms.

Cocaine detection wipe tests carried out in a single evening on 12 locations in parliament found evidence of the class A substance in lavatories near the offices of prime minster Boris Johnson and home secretary Priti Patel, as well other washrooms, the paper said."

MOD EDIT: You can find a separate thread for this article here

Last edited by a moderator:
BBC World Service gonna cut streaming to my iPad and other devices one of these days! :ROFLMAO:

Gotta give them credit where it's due though. Fuck me. BBSounds has some amazing shit for real. 🇬🇧 Top notch broadcaster. Personal opinion of course.

Someone somewhere has requested a "tough on drugs" message, paid up front, BJ phoned his mates at the Sun, job done.
It'll be backhanders for a new koala bear policy tomorrow.
Is it possible to hate a human this much? Maybe he isn't. Human, I mean.

I heard on the radio earlier that people will be offered 'awareness courses' before it comes down to having their passports confiscated.

What a fuckin joke.

So middle class users (especially if they're Boris' mates) won't be charged with possession, they'll be offered an awareness course.

Next time me or thee gets caught with some magic mushies or a couple of E's, can we request an awareness course?

Apparently their proposals will all be announced later tonight. I can't fuckin wait...

Last edited:
If they start doing awareness courses the way they do if you're caught speeding under 40mph, then that might be an interesting meeting to attend :unsure:
No, they won't be offering me anything like that either

Last edited:
I’m wondering if it has to do with the large amounts of execs who are dying at the moment due to a mixture of high concentration of levamisole in the current coke supply and covid. Which obviously does not a good mix make.

I’m wondering if it has to do with the large amounts of execs who are dying at the moment due to a mixture of high concentration of levamisole in the current coke supply and covid. Which obviously does not a good mix make.

It sounds like there are already enough get out clauses in their proposal to justify the next U turn...