View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines Use of Other Substances after Ibogaine and other Ibogaine Questions

qfwer

Greenlighter
If I intend to use ibogaine TA, is there going to be a waiting period in which I must abstain from psychedelics? I am specifically wondering about 5-meo dmt and microdoses of psilocybin. Also curious if taking these after taking ibogaine reduces the effect of the active metabolite noribogaine (I would prefer to keep as much of this in my system because it is very beneficial) . In addition, I am wondering when I take TA how should I administer properly so that I digest as much of the TA as possible?

Last edited:
Ibogaine breaks down pretty quickly into Noribogaine in your body. Noribogaine can then remain in your system for months afterwards. I actually smoked 5-MEO-DMT 3 days after a particulary brutal Ibogaine flood and I would definitely recommend against it. It's not really that it will take away from the noribogaine as much as it being somewhat dangerous to mix the two. I actually saw quite a few other people do the same thing as me and it is somewhat common down in Mexico, but I think it would be wise to at least wait a month and possibly more because of how long the noribogaine takes to be metabolized and the fact that it can make your 5-MEO-DMT trip rather uncomfortable. I would imagine this would also apply to psilocybin but I don't have personal experience with mixing those two. In my experience, it is good to take some time after the Ibogaine to reflect on the lessons it has taught you. I also would recommend some medical supervision or an experienced sitter if you plan on doing a flood and at least an EKG, if not a stress test for your heart. Ibogaine is a very serious medicine and it does have the power to take a life. As far as dose administration, I have taken it raw and in capsules. The taste is extremely bitter and it will likely make you nauseous, another reason to have someone watching you and I would be extremely careful about using anything for nausea that can affect your heart rate, which will slow down significantly.

Last edited:
Ibogaine breaks down pretty quickly into Noribogaine in your body. Noribogaine can then remain in your system for months afterwards. I actually smoked 5-MEO-DMT 3 days after a particulary brutal Ibogaine flood and I would definitely recommend against it. It's not really that it will take away from the noribogaine as much as it being somewhat dangerous to mix the two. I actually saw quite a few other people do the same thing as me and it is somewhat common down in Mexico, but I think it would be wise to at least wait a month and possibly more because of how slowly the noribogaine takes to be metabolized and the fact that it can make your 5-MEO-DMT trip rather uncomfortable. I would imagine this would also apply to psilocybin but I don't have personal experience with mixing those two. In my experience, it is good to take some time after the Ibogaine to reflect on the lessons it has taught you. I also would recommend some medical supervision or an experienced sitter if you plan on doing a flood and at least an EKG, if not a stress test for your heart. Ibogaine is a very serious medicine and it does have the power to take a life.
Always good to abstain from other stuff even for md.One time even added a little bit powder rootbark to 1g mushrooms.The trip was ok,but not doing it again.Just because medicine is so powerful and could be unpredictable.avoid using other entheogens before in or after md.more safely