• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Use of Meldonium to mitigate negative effects of drugs?

qxx

Greenlighter
Just wondering if now (in)famous Meldonium could mitigate negative effects of some drugs, especially stimulants like cocaine comes to midn, but possibly also vasoconstrictors like NBOMEs etc.

seems possible to me as Meldonium is supposed to be
- vasodilator
- increase oxygen flow in body
- has anti-seizure and anti-convulsation properties (however probably in high doses)

i got same effects far time ago... you just start trying))

Thats some UGLY looking shit!

Hydrazine bridge for one, and inhibiting (even weakly) vital enzymes involved in mitochondrial energy generation fucking hell, that is not pretty.

And hydrazines are generally nasty ass toxic shit, make for irreversible enzyme inhibitors/occasionally poisons for the same reason. The irreversible MAOIs, plus some irreversible MOR agonist and antagonists work due to their hydrazine linkage, they aren't all that stable, and the reactive group breaks open leaving a highly reactive intermediate that goes on to form irreversible covalent bonds with whatever the target is. And they are frequently also hepatotoxic.

No they aren't all. Just like how not every aromatic amine or every cyano group or nitroarene is toxic.

But it isn't an optimistic sign toxicity wise. And I like evel less the effects on mitochondrial function, carnitine metabolism etc.fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

No they aren't all. Just like how not every aromatic amine or every cyano group or nitroarene is toxic.

But it isn't an optimistic sign toxicity wise. And I like evel less the effects on mitochondrial function, carnitine metabolism etc.fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

I think the proof is in the pudding - if olympic athletes are taking it and not dropping dead it can't be that bad.