• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Use of Ketamine on opioid withdrawal

Yeah they were a compounded, speciality pharmacy thing. I can’t keep solids/pills down due to a stomach disorder, so we tried a lot of orally absorbing things. I got a little box of 30 of them. I didn’t bother refilling (cause docs think I’m crazy when it pops up in the system) but I wonder now about dissolving several of them and putting it thru my feeding tube.... sometimes orally absorbing meds don’t do much in the gut though. Who knows.
I did not know that ketamine pills existed, the bioavailability of oral ketamine is very low I think ... someone correct me if I am wrong on this.

@Yaara 10mg!? 10!!!?? No wonder they don't do shit lol. Even with no tolerance I don't think 10mg would hardly do anything even if you IV'd it lol.

10mg of IV ketamine from a vial is pretty strong, though i had no ketamine tolerance when I was injecting it. Definitely seemed like the best way to enjoy ketamine though, far more euphoric than any other route. (Also by far the most dangerous.)

How are you doin @Nicocastillo7?? Have you been able to stop tramadol and other opioids? The first weeks are the worst but after that everything is easier.
Keep strong hermano.
I was clean for a month. Now I am high on tramadol and hydrocodone ... But I am learning about self control. Use drugs, not that drugs consume me.
I know it can be difficult, I've been using other drugs too ... but I can be sober for a few days without problems.
Now I am growing my own herb, that is helping me with my anxiety, the art of patience.

I was clean for a month. Now I am high on tramadol and hydrocodone ... But I am learning about self control. Use drugs, not that drugs consume me.
I know it can be difficult, I've been using other drugs too ... but I can be sober for a few days without problems.
Now I am growing my own herb, that is helping me with my anxiety, the art of patience.

Ok, thats fine I guess ... I'm also a believer that many times drugs are not the problem but people. When the coronavirus thing calm down a little more, I plan to stop taking tramadol too. I don't like depending on a drug to live. In fact, I have hardly ever been on a drug for more than a few days, just tramadol.
Saludos viejo.

Ok, thats fine I guess ... I'm also a believer that many times drugs are not the problem but people. When the coronavirus thing calm down a little more, I plan to stop taking tramadol too. I don't like depending on a drug to live. In fact, I have hardly ever been on a drug for more than a few days, just tramadol.
Saludos viejo.

The worst thing about drugs is that they consume you ... The dependency is shit, luckily here in my city the quarantine does not exist apparently, there is no restriction of hours, you can have meetings, go out to bars, smoke a joint in a park, play sports, whatever, that is helps distract me. If it weren't for everyone wearing masks it would seem as if everything is as usual. Tramadol is very difficult to leave ... you have access to kratom in Chile, I would take the opportunity to buy if I were you, because they are not shipping here ... it can help you to leave it ... Or ketamine haha
Suerte con eso bro, se que puedes...

The worst thing about drugs is that they consume you ... The dependency is shit, luckily here in my city the quarantine does not exist apparently, there is no restriction of hours, you can have meetings, go out to bars, smoke a joint in a park, play sports, whatever, that is helps distract me. If it weren't for everyone wearing masks it would seem as if everything is as usual. Tramadol is very difficult to leave ... you have access to kratom in Chile, I would take the opportunity to buy if I were you, because they are not shipping here ... it can help you to leave it ... Or ketamine haha
Suerte con eso bro, se que puedes...

Yeah bro about kratom I have thought about it but I am afraid of getting addicted to it, as it is much more expensive than tramadol. Where I live, tramadol is very accessible and damn cheap. Right now I couldn't afford such an expensive addiction. I would like more to start with venlafaxine. In the past it helped me a lot. Maybe venlafaxine and kratom (for the opioid symptoms).

P.S. In Chile they are still crazy about the coronavirus. Quarantine and curfews. And this week over there was a truckers strike so we were without food and medicine for almost a week. Luckily I was able to get the latest tramadol from the pharmacy haha.

Yeah bro about kratom I have thought about it but I am afraid of getting addicted to it, as it is much more expensive than tramadol. Where I live, tramadol is very accessible and damn cheap. Right now I couldn't afford such an expensive addiction. I would like more to start with venlafaxine. In the past it helped me a lot. Maybe venlafaxine and kratom (for the opioid symptoms).

P.S. In Chile they are still crazy about the coronavirus. Quarantine and curfews. And this week over there was a truckers strike so we were without food and medicine for almost a week. Luckily I was able to get the latest tramadol from the pharmacy haha.
I was aware of something about what is happening there, my grandfather is from Chile and they are like here in some cities. The paranoia of the people is impressive, they are getting more and more crazy.
Yes, Kratom is expensive here in South America, tramadol is also cheap and accessible here, if you feel that you can become addicted to a substance cause you know your addictive behavior, sometimes it is better not to take the risk.
Venlafaxine is very good for depression after the acute withdrawal stage of tramadol, it helped me a lot in that, I still have a box there.

I was aware of something about what is happening there, my grandfather is from Chile and they are like here in some cities. The paranoia of the people is impressive, they are getting more and more crazy.
Yes, Kratom is expensive here in South America, tramadol is also cheap and accessible here, if you feel that you can become addicted to a substance cause you know your addictive behavior, sometimes it is better not to take the risk.
Venlafaxine is very good for depression after the acute withdrawal stage of tramadol, it helped me a lot in that, I still have a box there.

In fact, I don't think I have an addictive personality. It's just that opioids are my achilles heel haha. The only other drug I've been hooked on is nicotine, but I quit it cold turkey with no problems about 5 years ago.
What dose of venlafaxine did you take?

In fact, I don't think I have an addictive personality. It's just that opioids are my achilles heel haha. The only other drug I've been hooked on is nicotine, but I quit it cold turkey with no problems about 5 years ago.
What dose of venlafaxine did you take?
That's good man ... opiates are the weakness of humanity in general.
First 50mg per day, then 75mg per day, and now 150mg per day.

And he isn't treating me currently (good, right?). I have severe chronic pain from hyper mobile Ehlers Danlos Syndrome, a connective tissue disease with no cure(hEDS), which has caused me to have many fusions in my spine, degenerative disc disease, and many, (many) other conditions. Ou
I have this stuff it's awful I need cci surgery and maybe tethered cord surgery. Ketamine helped for awhile but then I got bladder problems. They won't prescribe opioids. Its one of worst diseases

It’s so interesting. Before I really even was aware of a recreational use of ketamine, I was given a slow iv bag of it in the ER for some intense pain (they tend to give me something different every time but omfg stay away from haldol). The next time I had to go in, they asked me what had worked on my pain in the past, and of course when I told them IV ketamine (thinking that would appeal more to them than saying dilauded/hydromorphone right away) and they pretty much flipped. Like they had never heard of it being used for pain.
The stuff really does calm me though and helps my mood for days. I hate when the freaking doctors ask you what works and then tell you they don’t feel comfortable giving you that, and put it in your chart that you ASKED for it. Like sorry I thought we were being transparent here?
Tangent aside, I had a pain doctor (who doesn’t prescribe opiates) prescribe 10mg ketamine lozenges, meant to be orally absorbing and that doesn’t do shit! I wish it did!
So the doctor prescribes it for pain and it doesn't do anything for you at 10mg?
I'm sorry you are going through it. I wish you the best.

How does one use Ketamine to stop using Morphine and for how long?
I think that long acting dissociatives like memantine or deschloroketamine are better suited for the task than short lived ketamine if you have access to them and that we don't hear more success stories because of that and the general disbelief of that it should be possible to skip opioid withdrawal. It's definitely possible, I did it myself with DCK for buprenorphine (4mg) and memantine for morphine (first tapered with pregabalin down to 120mg/d and then a couple of memantine megadoses).

Do you know what real ketamine looks like, smells like, sounds like, tastes like, feels like?

Mark
This is difficult to explain. Good ket comes in tiny shards,
(or a crystalline powder) has no smell, a salty taste, numbs the nose a little bit but much less than cocaine and it comes with a fluffy feeling upon ingested. If it's bitter or huge crystals then it isn't ket.

I don't know how R and S ket differ because I never had ket directly from a vial nor got it analyzed, was always finished soon after it arrived :unsure:

I think that long acting dissociatives like memantine or deschloroketamine are better suited for the task than short lived ketamine if you have access to them and that we don't hear more success stories because of that and the general disbelief of that it should be possible to skip opioid withdrawal. It's definitely possible, I did it myself with DCK for buprenorphine (4mg) and memantine for morphine (first tapered with pregabalin down to 120mg/d and then a couple of memantine megadoses).
Thank you so much for this.
Ok i

If one were to consume 20mg memantine.
How would one go about using memantine to stop using Morphine altogether?
Does one takes less morphine along with the memantine?

Or the pregaba of 150mg,
Is another alternatives that go through?

Last edited:
Thank you so much for this.
Ok i got 20mg memantine.
How would one go about using memantine to stop using Morphine altogether?
One takes less morphine IV along the memantine?

Or the pregabalin i got 150mg caps-Lyrica. How is that used with memantine? I think that will be a bad mix.
You got 20mg 💊 of memantine or 20mg in general? In a medical paper they used 60mg memantine which os what I'd recommend as a starting dose as long as you don't mind some dissociation.

May I ask where you got the memantine from, doctor of internet?

Yeah, one gradually replaces the opioid with memantine.

Memantine and pregabalin shouldn't bite each other but still it's better not to use too many substances. I first used the pregabalin to taper as much as possible and then both drugs to jump off the morphine and it worked well. Just be aware that pregabalin can be addictive on its own do maybe best to only use it as needed.

Good luck and please keep us posted, I'm always interested in reading about this method and guess I'm not the only one. Maybe somebody else can give you more concrete tips about dosing. What's your morphine dose BTW?

You got 20mg 💊 of memantine or 20mg in general? In a medical paper they used 60mg memantine which os what I'd recommend as a starting dose as long as you don't mind some dissociation.

May I ask where you got the memantine from, doctor of internet?

Yeah, one gradually replaces the opioid with memantine.

Memantine and pregabalin shouldn't bite each other but still it's better not to use too many substances. I first used the pregabalin to taper as much as possible and then both drugs to jump off the morphine and it worked well. Just be aware that pregabalin can be addictive on its own do maybe best to only use it as needed.

Good luck and please keep us posted, I'm always interested in reading about this method, and guess I'm not the only one. Maybe somebody else can give you more concrete tips about dosing. What's your morphine