• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Use of gabapentin for anxiety

Retired Trashcan

Bluelighter
Hi, I put this in HR but it may need to be moved. I recently lost my wife, and rather than dive deep into addiction land, I have been trying to manage with kratom and healthy living. Such as counselling, positive lifestyle and such. Now my anxiety is still bad at times, and I have a choice of acquiring clonazepam 2mg or gabapentin 300 mg caps. Now, i really don't want to f with the benzo thing, cuz my will to not abuse drugs right now isn't that good. However, what I am drilling at, doesn't anyone know how to make gabapentin work faster? Like opening them up and pouring them ing my mouth? I ask because sometimes I need something to knock down my anxiety quick, and yes, gabapentin helps me with that. I just need it to work fast (20-30 mins) if I am on the verge of a panic attack. Thank you, RT

Hi, I put this in HR but it may need to be moved. I recently lost my wife, and rather than dive deep into addiction land, I have been trying to manage with kratom and healthy living. Such as counselling, positive lifestyle and such. Now my anxiety is still bad at times, and I have a choice of acquiring clonazepam 2mg or gabapentin 300 mg caps. Now, i really don't want to f with the benzo thing, cuz my will to not abuse drugs right now isn't that good. However, what I am drilling at, doesn't anyone know how to make gabapentin work faster? Like opening them up and pouring them ing my mouth? I ask because sometimes I need something to knock down my anxiety quick, and yes, gabapentin helps me with that. I just need it to work fast (20-30 mins) if I am on the verge of a panic attack. Thank you, RT
:( I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

Try asking for Pregabalin (Lyrica) I think that works slightly better than Gabapentin. They also take a long time to start fully working (Sometimes up to 2 hours) I've tried chewing them, emptying the powder into a drink and swallowing, but neither really make that much difference to their onset of action.

Yeah, try try try and avoid jumping aboard that Benzo train. Not saying that Gabapentin/Pregabalin don't have the capability to mess you up..

All the best. ;)

Thanx pally. I don't have Lyrica as an option. Probably good tho, I have abused it in the past, but not gabapentin much. In the name of HR, I will say one thing. My wife was clean for 3 years before she passed, but she died of a heart complication from past drug abuse. Be careful out there, the party might still catch up to you one day and take you. :( Peace, RT Oh, and maybe someone has an idea on the gab's?

Sorry about your wife,

I've got a lot of experience with gabapnetin, Pouring it in a beverage, preferable one that's fizzy should help it kick in faster. But it's still gonna take a super long time. Caffeine always made it kick in faster.

Gabapentin is physically addicting and the withdrawals really suck. Just something to be aware of man. I haven't figured out how to make them kick in faster though. My condolences for your wife

Gabapentin is physically addicting and the withdrawals really suck. Just something to be aware of man. I haven't figured out how to make them kick in faster though. My condolences for your wife
Yeah I knpow. However, I am having 'almost have to go to inpatient mental health' anxiety and I've taken gabapentin before and not had too much trouble. I won't be going over 4 300 mg caps per day, and my medicaid should be re-activated by mid April and I can see professional Drs. I appreciate it tho, I figured the gabapentin was much better then the benzos, ya know. Do you know something less addictive then gabapntn I could use for anxiety, cj?

U ever try out l theanine?it is a mild anxiety reliever but very cheap and effective for some..Kava Kava helps some too

Gabapentin ime is only effective for anxiety for 4-5 days then tolerance ramps up and Nast side effects kick in..

Kava makes me sick, but I keep hearing all over BL about this L-Theanine. When I get paid Friday, I will have to buy and try it out. Yeah, if I abuse the gabapentin, it nails me, but if I use it the way its prescribed, (mostly, LOL) I get months of good results usually. But I will give the L-Theanine a try and get back to you. TY RT:)

;) It's the quality of the Kava and it has to be the root apparently when I looked in to it. Also best in tea and bought from an authentic trader brought in directly from the South Pacific. I've always been interested to try it since my vet discussed it with me on how it calms animals down and people who hate flying swear by it.

;) It's the quality of the Kava and it has to be the root apparently when I looked in to it. Also best in tea and bought from an authentic trader brought in directly from the South Pacific. I've always been interested to try it since my vet discussed it with me on how it calms animals down and people who hate flying swear by it.

I know little about it compared to most ethnobotanicals. Maybe you could PM me some info. I am not tryin to get trouble for 'sourcing', but I'd like some detailed info. TY RT

Oh and a great thing for anxiety isn't a drug at all..hard intense exercise for 45 minutes will help anxiety and stress very much..

Thanks for reaching out. It means you will accept support.

Yes exercise is a great tool for this. Cultivating a meditation practice can also be extremely useful, especially for those times that you don't have the ability to exercise. I know people who say meditation works better than benzos to calm them down. There are probably a few good books on anxiety that perhaps your doctor could suggest.

Have you discussed this concern with your doctor though? I think that would be the most logical next step.

This has some truth to it, I'm actully going through some nasty withdrawals at the moment, but I found some info about magnesium helping for withdrawals, I got a bottle of chelated magnesium and decided to give it a go. Holy shit it took almost all the WD symtomps away. So anyone who's going through WD I highly recommend getting some with a good bioavailability

While I've heard gabapentin withdrawals really suck, I think generally everyone would agree that it takes a lot more 'work' to become physically dependent on gabapentin than a benzodiazepine. I took Gabapentin daily for over six months and then quit it without a problem.

Gabapentin is water soluble, I actually used to IV it (like an idiot, there's no rush, same with lyrica, tried that too-but it kicks in immediately), you could try to make it into a solution to spray up your nose or plug. I'm sure either of those roa especially rectal would hit you much quicker.