US analouge law

maxcamel

Bluelighter
So say SWIM bought something that is legal and not controlled in the US online like 2c-t-2 for example. Is this part of that analouge law thing and are people in the US being raided for buying it? should swim be paranoid>?

maxcamel said:
So say SWIM bought something that is legal and not controlled in the US online like 2c-t-2 for example. Is this part of that analouge law thing and are people in the US being raided for buying it? should swim be paranoid>?

If SWIY possesses it with the intent to consume it, that is in all likelihood illegal, and SWIY should assume that's the case.

As far as the chances that SWIY gets caught with it, nobody here can estimate those chances very accurately.

All of this could be easy avoided if you some how found another reason to need the chemical. Does it clean silver? your fish tank?

All you need is a "reasonable" reason (and a good attorney ready to represent you if you do get in trouble) to order the chemical.

I know a guy who still gets GBL as it is still a good solvent!

^
The threshold for having GBL or other RCs is not so easy to overcome that all you need to say is that I use xx chemical to clean my floor. Since some of these substances are Schedule I, it is more or less implied that an ordinary consumer who has these substances does not have them for legitimate purposes.

[edit - removed disagreement from the circuits comment regarding RCs, since that applies to GBL, not RCs to my knowledge.]

Last edited:
Tha Mortician said:
All of this could be easy avoided if you some how found another reason to need the chemical. Does it clean silver? your fish tank?

Nobody is going to believe that nonsense.

If the research chemical is not scheduled. It's not technically illegal for use. That is the idea of the analogue act right? To try to cover all drugs not yet scheduled?

Are all the 2cXX chemcials scheduled? I dont believe they are.

Believing what the chemical is used for...and getting around the legal loop holes are two different situations..

If the question was asked "Will anyone believe me" then I would say no. But the question was...if "SWIM bought something that is legal and not controlled in the US"

That's an entirely different situation now is it..

Just consult your lawyer. and then let us know what he/she says...I'm sure it would surprise us..

look here:

http://www.dea.gov/pubs/scheduling.html

I do not see 2ci or 2ct7 or any other 2cXX drugs other than just 2cb listed of a scheduled substance.

Neither is GBL listed. So if its not listed. How would you know it was illegal? In fact if it is NOT listed and you are not using it to get high, then it isn't illegal.

Plain and simple, the law is outlined for us.

(this is not to say you will not be changed, the DA will charge you for anything, but when the facts and laws come out in trial, you wont be guilty.)

This is unless they have evidence that you were using the chemical to get high. Than you just have to PROVE you are not using it to get high. Sounds simple enough.

Just for the record, I know a chem. student who makes 2ci with no problems. and its not illegal because he isn't using it to get high.

AND DO NOT PM ME TO TRY TO BUY ANY.

Tha Mortician said:
If the research chemical is not scheduled. It's not technically illegal for use. That is the idea of the analogue act right? To try to cover all drugs not yet scheduled?

Are all the 2cXX chemcials scheduled? I dont believe they are.

No.

To put it in English (and speaking off the top of my head) the Analogue Act makes certain unscheduled chemicals illegal if: 1) they are chemically similar to a schedule substance; 2) they have a psychophysiological effect similar to a scheduled substance (i.e. they get you high); and 3) you possess/sell the chemical with the intent that it be consumed.

So the fact that it's not scheduled does NOT make it legal. In fact, that's precisely why the Analogue Act was passed -- to deal with chemicals Congress hasn't had time to schedule yet.

Tha Mortician said:
This is unless they have evidence that you were using the chemical to get high. Than you just have to PROVE you are not using it to get high. Sounds simple enough.

No, there's nothing "simple" about it.

Believe me you do NOT want to be charged in the first place. Just hiring a lawyer to defend your ass is a huge, unwanted expense.

Second, there's really NO good reason to spend loads of money on a chemical like this unless it's to get high. You're going to spend $1000 on a few mg's of stuff to clean silver??? When you can spend $5 on a can of crap to clean your silver just fine??? And the substance you spent $1000 for just happens to get you high as LSD???

Give me a fucking break. You do NOT want to be in the position of trying to convince a jury of this bullshit. Most people aren't completely morons, believe it or not.

^^^ ohh, yes, your right about that Mahanatma.....lol the price alone may be incriminating enough to any jury that it couldn't possibly be used for anything other than a drug..lol..
damn prices...and I forgot about the chemically stimulatory situation...So having the chemical one molecule off doesn't cut it anymore?

Does anyone have links to recent cases of persons being charged under the act?

Tha Mortician said:
^^^ ohh, yes, your right about that Mahanatma.....lol the price alone may be incriminating enough to any jury that it couldn't possibly be used for anything other than a drug..lol..

Jurors aren't morons. Why would they believe something so ridiculous?

Tha Mortician said:
damn prices...and I forgot about the chemically stimulatory situation...So having the chemical one molecule off doesn't cut it anymore?

No, that's the whole point of the Analogue Act.

Does anyone have links to recent cases of persons being charged under the act?

There was a whole spate of them a couple years ago, when DOJ took on several of the mail order companies. Search this forum, there were a number of threads about it.