• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Uruguay Will Sell Legal Marijuana For $1 Per Gram, Official Says

Bluelight Crew
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/21/uruguay-marijuana-1-per-gram_n_4137179.html

MONTEVIDEO, Uruguay -- MONTEVIDEO, Uruguay (AP) — Uruguay's drug czar says the country plans to sell legal marijuana for $1 per gram, though he's given higher figures in the past.

A law already passed in the lower house of Congress and expected to pass in the Senate later this year would make Uruguay the first country in the world to license and enforce rules for the production, distribution and sale of marijuana for adult consumers.

The El Pais newspaper reported Sunday that drug chief Julio Calzada says marijuana sales should start in the second half of 2014 at a price of $1.

He says the idea isn't to make money, but to wrench the market away from illegal dealers. Calzada said in August that the price would be around $2.5 per gram.

Sales are for locals only.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/21/uruguay-marijuana-1-per-gram_n_4137179.html

i wonder what the quality will be like for $1 per gram. i imagine in uruguay that a dollar is a bit more valuable than in the usa. either way cheers to them for sensible treatment of a plant that kills no one. the only deaths related to marijuana are by criminal organizations. this policy aims to take the profit away from them so as i see it, this policy can only help people.

Well with that high price there will certainly be people committing crimes to shoot that deadly marijuana.. and also a flourishing black market.. what are they thinking?

Sign me up for a lifetime supply.

Bad weed? No problem. Vape it or make cookies. Get as high as you want to.

I'm kinda funky in that I prefer good quality schwag to dank..can't find it like that anymore though. I'll never forget those still moist and sticky pressed bricks that smelled so good and were sooo cheap. It smoked extremely well, provided an excellent high, and you could nearly smoke as much as you wanted because it was more or less free. I guess it was sort of a double edged sword...

Props to Uruguay. Step for step.

Step by step indeed, the race for legalisation has broken into a gentle stroll!

I am not happy, faster damn it! Honestly in the UK this is a freaking pipe-dream still!

Price seems fair. Backpacking in Africa, I once bought a bucket of weed for about £5, perhaps US$3.50 at the time. It was a small bucket but, nontheless, a BUCKET of weed for a fiver! It wasn't all that, but the lady who sold it to use seemed pleased & chucked a load of quality heads onto the top for us. It was a little tricky smuggling a bucket of weed back into our accomodations!

1 USD = 25 uruguay pesos. You can rent a hotel room in Montevideo for next to nothing.

Don't assume that $1 worth of weed will necessarily be crappy in their country.

australia, take note please.

uruguay, doin it rite :D

...kytnism...:|

I'm kinda funky in that I prefer good quality schwag to dank..can't find it like that anymore though. I'll never forget those still moist and sticky pressed bricks that smelled so good and were sooo cheap. It smoked extremely well, provided an excellent high, and you could nearly smoke as much as you wanted because it was more or less free. I guess it was sort of a double edged sword...

i haven't even seen schwag in probably 10 years, but back in high school we would get this stuff we called "the good schwag", which was just like what high-grade weed used to be like in the 60's and 70's (stuff like this). It was interesting stuff... definitely not bad, but totally different than what we're all used to smoking now. The price was right, too.

This was early 2000s, I stopped seeing anything but super high grade chronic around 2004 or so.

i haven't even seen schwag in probably 10 years, but back in high school we would get this stuff we called "the good schwag", which was just like what high-grade weed used to be like in the 60's and 70's (stuff like this). It was interesting stuff... definitely not bad, but totally different than what we're all used to smoking now. The price was right, too.

This was early 2000s, I stopped seeing anything but super high grade chronic around 2004 or so.

I still see schwag in my area once in a while. It's readily available a few hours from me, where in fact, schwag is a bigger market than high grade because most of the people can afford regular weed as opposed to higher grade. When higher grade is available around there, it's usually not as good as in other places, though that might just be my experience.

In my area, however, except for a couple one time things a year or so ago, it's only high grade as well and has steadily gotten more like that since I started smoking about 5 years ago.

id be interested to see whats the best weed they have down there, esp for a buck a gram. in my area you can still get mexican brick weed. not totally shitty, but def not great. then you can also get what everyone around here calls "az" and thats weed grown outdoors im guessing in cali and az, few seeds, tho pretty rough. better than brick but not much. then you have like c grade beasters. canadian trash bag buds. not very crystally, sometimes wet and not cured right, a lot have that weird hay smell. then you have the top of the top flowers, cured perfectly, covered in crystals, amazing smell.

$1 in usd In Cali is at least 0.1g top shelf.

Point of my tale : I like living in the emerald area they call "California".

australia, take note please.

uruguay, doin it rite :D

...kytnism...:|

Haha, yeah good luck with that. Australian politicians wont even consider medicinal weed for people who are chronically or terminally ill, I doubt we'll see legal weed of any type here in the next 10 or more years personally.

^
"By the cold and religious, we were taken in hand
Shown how to feel good, and told to feel bad"
-Pink Floyd