• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

URGENT - overheating issues

poobrainbrian

Greenlighter
I was planning on taking MDMA in a house tonight, untested but bought from a reliable *source*, have used before and friends have been consistently using and it seems okay.
Problem is, it's been about half a year since i last did it, following a period of doing it every 2-3 weeks for a year.
Since then, been getting random periods of being quite hot, having to leave gigs because my hands sweat so much they swell up a little.
My hands sweat a lot, can't really remember how much they sweated if at all last year while on MDMA, but currently they sweat a lot and i can get uncomfortably hot in normal temperature rooms.
I did 2CB two weeks ago and it was okay, very reminiscent of MDMA, jittering a lot and very shaky, but my fingers were sweating and they turned bright bright pink. Like so bright. Couldn't tell if it was because i was too hot or too cold or what the problem was so didn't really know what to do about it. Got kinda freaked out but I'm alright.
My worry is that since MDMA affects the pituitary gland so much and hydration and heat and urine retention is an issue on it, if any serious problems would occur if i was to do it again. obviously most mdma scare stories are a result of overheating and i would be worried about that happening and getting brain damage or something.
i had bloods done a month ago, no thyroid issues detected or anything unusual.
Any stories or advice?

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like it could be some kind of anxiety disorder, but you should check these symptoms with your doctor to be sure before consuming more substances.

Speaking about health, it's always better to be safe than sorry.

Seems like the synthesis wasn't 100% correct. So that your MDMA is impure. Stop that taking stims immediately. What I can say I had the same symptoms while on Noids WD and secondly when I had long times of alcohol binges and go into WD. My personal theory is that the autonomic nervous system is fucked up if you have such symptoms. So you have to normalize your system. This would take as I observed many times minimum 2 weeks. Various herbs and vitamins helps you to stabilize...

Hope you feel better as soon as possible
LifeIsStrange

People with dysautonomia often times have troubles controlling their body temperature, their thermostat is dysfunctional. Your sweating could be from something similar or could be a result of the dysfunctional body thermostat. It's hard to say exactly why some people develop dysautonomia but I think that illicit drugs can cause it, there is a part of the brain involved in the autonomic system that is basically on the non-protected side of the blood brain barrier called the AV3V region, this could be vulnerable to toxic metabolites. I personally know someone who developed classic blood pressure and other kinds of dysautonomia after bunk ecstasy use, she also has bad body thermostat issues.

But dysautonomia is not something you can run blood tests for, you need special autonomic testing that I myself had to have done at a university (the results came back as mild or early autonomic dysfunction so I have a bit of it too, likely from bunk ecstasy abuse). However my problem is more blood pressure, they did do a test (if I remember right) for sweat provoked by acetylcholine that tests your peripheral autonomic nervous system, I believe your parasympathetic nervous system. Sorry if I'm not remembering correctly right now, someone chime in if they know more.

Anyways I think your brain might have been thrown off by the drugs so I would abstain and be thankful for the level of health that you have. MDMA is not a completely safe drug (especially concerning someone with a possible condition like dysautonomia) so like I said I would just be thankful for the level of health that you have and smoke some weed instead. If you DO have some form of thermostat issue I wouldn't necessarily chalk it up to "brain damage", it could be just as likely that part of your immune system in your brain (glial cells) is going nuts and it might come down if you abstain long enough. I highly recommend cardio by the way, it really helps build new brain cells among many other things.

Did you have your blood sugar tested by the way?