• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[URGENT] Just spilled MHRB and naphtha mix all over my carpet. How to clean?

psy997

Bluelighter
Title says it all. Just spilled the black tar that MHRB STB mix is all over my carpet. While someone was waiting for me to leave to. So now I've left after getting the majority of it up and my roommates are back at home having to deal with it. It seemed to come off my hands relatively easily, what do they use for the carpet? Detergent on a towel, baking soda, etc?

For the love of God help me. I'm renting too so I really don't want to have to pay for new carpet.

I hate to be the barer of bad news but it is used for dying fabric which is probably what you just did unintentionally. So you may not be able to remove the stain but you need to neutralize the base with something acidic. I always use vinegar for any of my chemical spills (that are basic in nature) as it is readily available and people claim it has some scent canceling properties.

Now that you have prevented the strong base from damaging whatever it would, the carpet your skin an animal, lye is not to be taken lightly and you must neutralize it for safety. As its a dye you are going to have great difficulty removing it from the fabric once it sets, get a rug doctor immediately if you want to save the carpet or some other strong rug cleaner.

Neutralize your chemical spill that is very important! To remove the stain you can try club soda if your looking for a quick solution to try but i think you need a real carpet cleaner this is a fabric dye after all.

Wise words from szuko000

Water based solvents won't remove anything that is only soluble in hexane so I suspect you'll need to hire one of those "Rug Doctor" carpet cleaner machines.

Thanks for the replies guys. I texted my roommates and said to apply vinegar ASAP. Would trying to use hexane or another solvent do any good? Or are my options literally just neutralize and hire?

fire hides all!

No don't do that. You are probably going to need to replace it. Strong odors have a tendency to soak into the carpet matting...or you could just cut that piece out and put a potted plant over it (the perfect crime!)

My roommates ending up renting a rug doctor from Lowes and got literally all of it out =D Thanks so much for the help guys, I'm truly surprised and absolutely elated that the rug doctor was all it took!

Wow I could not have predicted the rug doctor would actually work for this. I have used them to clean carpets before but not due to my chemical or dye spills (im careful but also have hardwood/tile flooring ;) )

Bluelight supports rug doctor for the cleaning of hard to get out stains! (unofficially)