• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin Urgent advice on injection

kelvintk

Greenlighter
Hi All, I am new to this forum. I have being injecting heroin for about 4 years now. Currently i am having some kind of inflammation on respiratory and getting difficult breathing. I am getting treatment for this and meantime it is impossible for me to use the same dose as before since even the taking half of my usual dose will make me pretty bad for breathing. So i am just taking quite small dose just to prevent from getting withdrawal effects. What I would like to know is if there any difference if I inject on Leg rather than Hand to minimize the heroin effect on my respiratory. Can anyone advice? Thanks

Where you shoot it isn't likely to make a difference, the big problem is the inflammation.

You might have endocarditis or who knows what. You said you're getting treatment, I hope so, please take this seriously, your health matters. <3

If you're having difficulty breathing, you need to seek medical attention immediately. Don't wait!

Last edited:
Thanks for the advices. Facing the disease and problem with withdrawal effects, put me in very hard situation. You guys advices made my day :)
I am getting medical treatment. The problem is withdrawal effect if i do not take the dose. What i am doing right now is instead of normal dose, I am taking like 1/8 of the usual dose just to prevent from getting the withdrawal effect. It seems to work. With my normal dose, It could last like 6 to 7 hours before taking another dose. Now with the 1/8, it only last like 1.5 to 2 hours. I think it is normal. Any advice on this? Thanks.

Well, it's hard to say what you should do without knowing what's causing your symptoms.

If you can take it some other way than injection that would probably be safer. But I understand from my own heroin habit that that can sometimes feel impossible.

According to Doc, it caused by dust and cigarette smoke and Doc said it is Bronchitis. So I stopped smoking now. There were dust and fume in my working environments. So I have to stop going there as well. I heard that other ways will not work since those have to go through respiratory system first. So it seems like no choice other than injection small dose till this is cured. By the way, I did tried on Leg. It seems less effect on lungs rather than on Hand. now feel getting better and hope i can recover pretty soon. Thanks Guys

I can't see why where you inject would make a difference, it all goes to the lungs anyway to be turned into oxygenated blood.