Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Upping my DMT dosage

StudyMizzou

Greenlighter
Hey there,

Im trying to figure out a higher dosage for DMT. I'm not a first time user. I started out around 25mg and have since moved up between 30-40. This would be the 5th or 6th time I've used. I weigh about 150lbs. I was comfortable with 40mg, but I still felt like I wasn't getting the full range of the effects. I've heard that 50-60mg is a good place for the next step up, but I wanted to get some of yall's opinions.

What tends to be a good dosage to move up to after experiencing DMT a few times, particularly after taking around 40mg? At what point/dosage does it become very unsafe?

Thanks

Its never unsafe. I'm an outlier here but I don't weigh my doses, as I find the biggest problem is not getting a big enough hit, rather than getting too big of a hit. It might be unpleasant if you were to inhale more than around 50-60 mg in a single lungful, but I think it's pretty much an impossible feat to pull off so its not something to worry about. People always trip about this but it's actually pretty hard to vape much more than that at once, and you'll know within 20 secs if you want any more. I usually just vape until the pipe doesn't make sense any more and then relax. But really, there's no particular reason it would be unpleasant and it's definitely not unsafe, to take high dose trips. You're just opening the potential for extreme weirdness, which people react to in different ways. I've definitely had my astral body smeared across the cosmic abyss like it was jam on toast, but I didn't freak out because I was expecting it. I can't really imagine a bad trip on DMT because it's so loving for me but YMMV, everyone sees things through a different lens.

Also make sure to hold it in for a really long time if you want full effects. 15-20 seconds, seriously. Most people I see just puff and exhale, such a waste. :!

Last edited:
^ I agree Bluuberry, some people have heard it doesn't matter how long a hit is help in as it gets absorbed immediately. I see that debate in cannabis forums. I say BS on that and holding any hit in makes it stronger. DMT is a perfect example. Blow out a 20 mg hit in a second as compared to holding in for 20 seconds and there is a big difference.

I am not sure why so much DMT is needed by a lot of people. For me 15 mgs is average, 20 -25 mgs are enough for a total immersion or breakthrough at times. Again, depending on what the DMT wants to give you at that time. The sandwich method never failed me and never a need for anything fancier. Could be just me but I have read that from other people too.

I think most people need more because of bad vaping technique. It's a skill you gotta practice, lol. I'm with you, I only need 15-25mg for fully immersive experiences, at most. Usually it seems like even less is plenty for me.

Though I don't use the sandwich method.. Doesn't appeal to me , but it seems to work for a lot of people.

In my experience DMT creates tolerance. Yes, getting effects from frequent doses is possible. My best experiences are after abstinence for 2+ weeks.

Consider taking a T-Break.

@Bluuberry, I am one of the people who need more DMT. I also blamed my vaping technique for a long time, until I tried just about everything, including a GVG, which has been a huge disappointment and a complete waste of 150$.

Turns out, I just need more DMT than the average person, and the casual sandwich works best for me, way better than the GVG. With the GVG, I can't get a big enough hit to blast off, and really it's an exercise in frustration more than anything else. The sandwich feels much more natural and I can actually enjoy the act of smoking, which is in stark contrast to the awkward sucking on the business end of a GVG in a very methodical fashion :)

Yes the comment above regarding " when the pipe no longer makes sense " is a classic DMT thing for me but the trick I find is to get my co-pilot to get that pipe ready for my final hit which requires my co-pilot to encourage and almost force me to take another hit and they must hold the pipe and heat it for you and then it's CRACKLE & POP - I'm through to the other side.

There is also the question of quality/purity so your amounts required will vary of course. But without an assistant I find it hard to get to the breakthrough stage a good assistant with experience will get you there because once that pipe makes no sense it's very hard to use it again without help.