• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Update to all my tramadol addiction posts over the years! I’m clean finally!

crisler

Bluelighter
After 7 years battling facing the horrific withdrawal I finally did a 7 month long slow taper to 2mg and jumped december 25th. Since then I have touched no tramadol and have no want need or access to it anymore as I’ve cut off all people who I used to get it from. I am free it’s been about 3.5 months now and life’s turning back around I feel normal I feel like my serotonin is rebuilt I feel no cravings ever I am finally free I no longer have to hide this addiction and explain my shortage of cash to my spouse I have only become happier since quitting Ive even gotten about 10 lbs heavier I fit my clothes well and don’t look 120 lbs anymore at 6’2 I feel amazing.

Sorry if I posted in wrong section I just sat around thinking about my old posts on here and how I’m really living the dream I always dreamed about since 2015. I quit this drug completely and withdrawal didn’t kill me or ruin my life! Stay blessed appreciate all who have supported me over the years here you are beautiful ppl

Congrats.

I started tramadol in 2008. My mom was prescribed it and never used it. Back then she would get 180 pills a month since it was unscheduled and nobody batted an eye if you tried refill that 180 early. I was in love with the way it made me feel. Still have incredibly fond memories of those days.

I ended up going through tramadol withdrawal every month from about 2008 to 2018. Of course after a few years they started to catch on that tramadol was a narcotic (gee, I wonder how they missed that for 30 years) and they started lowering the amount my mom could get. By 2015 I was playing with heroin & my DOC's became tramadol & heroin. My entire life centered around when I'd get that next tramadol script filled. I'd even feel like I was going to kill myself when the pharmacy/doc's would fuck around.

I realized it was unsustainable and started using buprenorphiine. Then my mom died in 2021 and of course I had no way to get my monthly pills anymore.
Unfortunately I do miss it (and heroin), even after a few years on shitty buprenorphine.

I put on 25lbs (I actually miss the anorexic effect of tramadol). Buprenorphine makes me crave garbage food alot.

I don't think I'll ever break free from my opioid bondage. In some ways I'm okay with that because I like them, but in another way I don't like it because it's impossible to get a sustainable amount of access to them, unless you get on bupe/methadone or risk dying from fent in the street, If they weren't illegal, I might actually be able to utilize them for mental health purposes.

Alas, I think it's great when somebody comes off of an opioid & has no cravings or desire to return them. Props!