• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Unusual effect from large dose of heroin

MadamHatter

Greenlighter
I posted this earlier and accidentally deleted it when I tried to edit for clarification, sorry.

Anyway, I did a very large shot, probably double what I normally do to get high, and it made my heart start pounding super hard and fast, which is weird because heroin is a depressant, not a stimulant, and I know it was good clean stuff, no funky cut.

Has anyone else ever experienced this or heard of this happening?

I only got one response to the original thread I posted- a one word reply that said, "naloxone" which just confused me.

If you think about it, it's natural for your body to behave that way; its job is to keep you alive and pumping you full of adrenaline is its way of doing that when you have too much. Heroin can cause dangerous arrythmias as well its not that uncommon. Any sort of heart racing, panic, or palpitations is par for the course with any sort of drug or alcohol use. Some get it worse than others and some rhythyms are more dangerous than others. Ive never done H but whenever Ive had even just therapeutic doses of codeine or hydrocodone I get a racing heart up to around 130.

Ya sounds like a reflex if you rapidly depress your breathing your brain triggers your heart to beat like crazy because it triggers basic life sustaining emergency response which feels very similar to speed like your hearts gunna explode shakey anxious impending doom.

This actually isn't the first thread discussing this phenomenon. If you search around you'll find that we've actually discussed it pretty in depth at times previous. We never came to a conclusion, but we have some interesting theories.

Thanks for The replies.

The adrenaline boost makes sense. In any case, I feel better knowing it's not altogether uncommon or unique to me.

After the heart racing and all of that, did you feel sedated/opiated? or did it stay that way and kind of speed you up? When you get a good enough rush with an opiate, like heroin, that is not too uncommon.. IME using different ROAs with oxycodone, each ROA gave me a different effect.. like if I were to slam one or smoke one, I would get a kind of energetic opioid high a lot of the time! When I sniffed, took them orally, or plugged them, I would get more sedated usually.. it was odd. Heroin, however, has never caused this to happen with me, unless of course I mixed it with coke and did a speedball.. then it happened every time, because of the coke.. But on its own, while I may have had some insane, heart dropping rushes from good shots of dope, it always had me super sedated and opiated feeling.. Everyone has a different reaction to any and every drug, no one is exactly the same...

I always had a kind of similar theory that I arrived at myself. I experience the racing heart after an intravenous Opiate shot as well. I'm not sure if this is a universal effect or not. I've never even considered it. I always assumed that the intensity of the effect and how rapidly you go from normal functioning to heavy sedation sends your body or mind or some combination of both into some kind of panic. I think this only lasts for a few seconds because the drugs ultimately overpower the body's response.

I know I don't get the same heart palpitations when I inject an equivalent dose intramuscularly.