Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Unusual DMT comedown

jcoltrane

Greenlighter
Hi everyone, first message here.

I had my first DMT Experience today. Or at least I thought I did.

After a long hesitation and a lot of research I ordered DMT from an online source with a seemingly good reputation. It came in the mail today in the form of yellowish crystals.

I precisely dosed a 40mg dose, vaporized it with a method I found online and smoked it. I felt an instant body high and definitely some psychedelic effects, but nothing comparable to the trips I have seen described during my research. These effects lasted for about thirty minutes, some open eye visuals (tracers, patterns, the impression to "see in HD") but definitely no CeV and no "breakthrough". I assumed I did something wrong or did not inhale enough of the substance to get a breakthrough, not unsurprising as this was my first attempt, and went on with my day while still feeling a sort of mellow and pleasant psychedelic afterglow that lasted a couple of hours. Overall it was very "shroom like".

It has now been almost twelve hours and while the psychedelic effetcs are gone, I am going through some kind of uncomfortable comedown. Nothing terrible, mostly lightheadedness that is now turning into a headache. But it is still there. I have read everywhere that a DMT experience leaves you completely after about an hour. It leaves me wondering why I still feeling comedown effects so long after my "experience".

Is it possible that what I was sent was NOT DMT but some kind of RC ? Like aMT cut with something else?
Has there been a history of online vendors trying the pass other drugs as DMT ? I did some googling but found nothing.

Thank you for reading, olooking forward to reading your replies

JC

Welcome to bluelight!
It is definitely possible that wasnt DMT. Probably not AMT, because it would give you a more speedy high if smoked.
I cannot speculate further on that and no one here will be able to identify what you have there, you should get a test kit for that.
As you probably learned through your researches, 40mg is a pretty high dose! That should send you straight to hyperspace...
However, vaporising DMT can be tricky, so even if its legit, you might have done something wrong.
I never had such prolonged after effects you described, I don't know why this should be happening.
Sorry, but the best thing to do is to get a test kit, and if its legit, try reading some more on how to improve your vaporising technique (Glass vapor genie is what works best for most).

Hi Torresmo, thank you for your reply. I followed your advice and ordered a test kit. I will update this thread with my findings.

Just to confirm - what color should DMT turn out to be under a marquis reagent? I found several answers online (yellow, orange...)

I have seen white DMT, pink DMT, and DMT tinged slightly orange with parts of the crystals a rather solid orange. I've never seen yellow but maybe it's sometimes yellow, I'm not sure. It definitely doesn't sound like DMT in effects, there are lots of things it could be, but not AMT because it would last a lot longer even smoked.

My guess is that your DMT is contaminated with DMT N-Oxide which is yellow. The n-Oxide is active but has some components that are a little different...it's easy to get rid of tho. If you have a gram or more of product you can wash/recrx it...

The vibratory buzz feeling as well as the headache MAY be attributed to an improper vaporization and subsequent burning of your DMT/DMT N-Oxide...I've done it on a few occasions, and gotten a very electric type body buzz as well as a headache.

"Hair of the Dog" usually works for a headache.

Also, try SMELLING it, DMT base has a distinctive smell, buuuut...if you've never smelled DMT before this method won't help you.

...As I said, you can easily wash/recx your DMT using warm heptane.

Place your product in a small glass bottle with 40-50 ml. heptane.
Then place that bottle in a warm water bath...HOT tap water will work. DON'T GET IT ANY WARMER THAN NECESSARY TO MELT YOUR PRODUCT! The warmer it is when you start, the more bullshit that'll come across into your final product.
Then you will see your product melt and the trash will appear as a brownish/yellow oil on the bottom of the small jar.
Lastly, decant the heptane into a glass dish and stick it in the freezer overnite...your DMT-IF that is what you have-will precipitate out as waxy white crystals. Repeat the process one or two more times to extract all of the DMT out of the goo...BUT, each time you rerun the goo you'll get a slightly less pure product than the time before.

Personally, I recx ALL my DMT in heptane, keeping the first pure white recx for conversion to fumarate and the subsequent, less pure runs for smoking...actually I PREFER the yellowish stuff for smoking.

Good Luck and peace...

Last edited:
Hi Phuckingnutz,

Thank you very much for your reply. I think you might be right. Today I sampled a different batch from a different vendor. The powder was white. Effects were very similar but felt much "cleaner" and were totally gone after about an hour. It felt like genuine dmt (even though i didnt break through or anything due to the very small quantity that i sampled).

The most likely scenario is that my yellowish dmt is contaminated like you said, or maybe just not that pure.

All i need now is to improve my vaping technique and i'll be ready for my first true experience. Thank you all for your answers!

I have another question: during my two failed/mild dmt attempts, the "body rush" was quite intense and extremely fast (my psychedelic experience is rather limited: lsd once, shrooms twic, mescaline three times) and i'm worried that the feeling of blasting off can stress me out and make it a bad experience. Is there anything i can do to prepare? Besides doing research, because i have read/watched a lot of what's out there about that substance but reaserching and doing are two completely different things as i'm sure you'll agree :)

Any advice for my set and setting?

i have been meditating before each attempt to try to take the edge of my excitement, i had a friend over to watch and reassure me if it went bad, put some soothing music on... I was in my living room both times. Should i try to go outiside, i mean in a more natural setting? Maybe i'm just overthinking this a little bit...

Consider making "The Machine", or buying a little glass freebase pipe. You will be able to vaporize it much more easily and cleanly that way, no chance of burning it, and burning it really changes the effects a lot, and adds to the buzzing of the body feeling, it's rather uncomfortable in my opinion. You can make the Machine out of a mini-liquor bottle and some chore boy. I think there is a link to the thread about it in the PD Index... maybe. Anyone know where the information about making the Machine is?

^^^
https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=1373

The pic in that link is "The Machine."

It's PERFECT. :) breakthrough every time using it.

It's a Hennessy bottle, the kind small enough to fit in your hand.

The bottom of the bottle is coned, take a tiny Phillips head screw driver or similar And pop a hole at the top of the cone. Just small enough to let the vape out, it's flat at the top of the cone (literally like an orange traffic cone) and pops a hole perfectly so it also looks like a construction cone (hole in top).

Anyway, hope that was clear.

Then on the neck of the bottle, put in bristle pad, enough to get air through but not much thinner than that.

Shit, first cook off any copper coating or whatever in the bristle pad by torching it until the metal glows orange too.

After you torch the bristle pad, let it cool, shape it to fit snug in the neck of the mini-bottle, but again so you can suck air through it from the bottom of the bottle where you popped the hole. So once cool and scrunched up to fit into the neck, I will put about 40 mg in the bristle pad, it may dust through a little so make sure to do it over something that allows you to rescue fallen soldiers. Push the brillow into the neck of the machine (mini Hennessy bottle) just like in the pics you see on the link above. Oh yeah, about an inch long total, easy to cut the shit with decent scissors too btw.

Now, you're ready! Your mini Hennessy bottle had a hole in the bottom and bristle pad in neck. I'm sure it's a "duh" thing but obviously don't put a lid on it haha leave lid off the mini bottle just like in the pics in the link!

I start by just WARMING the DMT by running a lighter on the neck of the mini bottle, barely getting it to start to melt (it melts and "runs" from the heat, which is why you use bristle pads, it's thin flat metal surface is perfect for the melting and running DMT, helps prevent burning it), before it turns to a vape I hold the mini bottle level (sideways as if you were pouring it out for a homie yo) and SUPER softy inhale from the bottom of the mini bottle. Like really lightly inhale, not like a fuxking joint, half that or so), keeping the flame at the head off the mini bottle (where the lid should be, the mouth of the bottle, so flame can actually be sucked into the bristle pad IF you sucked it too hard. But you ain't sucking hard, it ain't a dick and you ain't a ho. Gently inhale and just have the flame right up against the opening without actually sucking in any flame as again it will burn the shit! You wanna heat and vape! No bueno if you burno.

Now fuck. For ten or even fifteen seconds the hit may not vape, as you gently inhale with a CONSTANT flame on the other end. watch for some sexy ass white vape, once it is there get that vape MILKY white like you would a good bong hit of weed would look. Take the hit and hold that shit in for like 15 seconds at least, 30 if you can.

Oh man does it taste like ass the first time especially. Smell like burnt tire rubber? Good, it's DMT then!

Now as you hold in that first hit 20-30 seconds run the lighter over neck of Machine! Keeps it warm and quicker to vape second hit.

Let first hit out and put flame at opening of neck and gently inhale second hit when you have it milky ass white and thick.

Haha just hold this hit in forever. You'll blast off and exhale once the breakthrough happens. Haha rarely do I get to a third, always break through on the second hit.

You know break through when the elephants dancing on the colorful magicals squares that are forming from colors and shapes you've never seen are there whether you're eyes are open or closed!

Wrote this high on some dank bud, excuse my grammar and shit.

And PLUR

Last edited:
Consider making "The Machine", or buying a little glass freebase pipe. You will be able to vaporize it much more easily and cleanly that way, no chance of burning it, and burning it really changes the effects a lot, and adds to the buzzing of the body feeling, it's rather uncomfortable in my opinion. You can make the Machine out of a mini-liquor bottle and some chore boy. I think there is a link to the thread about it in the PD Index... maybe. Anyone know where the information about making the Machine is?
Xorkoth is right, the "body buzz" is most likely from burning your product.
Make the machine...orrrr, just use a light-bulb and a glass tube.
I know it sounds ghetto, but that's only because it IS ghetto...it works like a fucking champ though.
With the "machine, the flame is in closer proximity to the product than with a lite-bulb or a "meth" pipe.
With a bulb you can even use an electric heat source if you like.

WOOPS...just checked out the link on "the machine"...I think it's even more ghetto than MY rig....gonna have to TRY it!

Last edited: