• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Unsuccessful search lead me to ask question on solubility of flubromazepam

3dmusic

Bluelighter
Hi

I got the following information from : https://www.caymanchem.com/pdfs/15157.pdf
"The solubility of flubromazepam in ethanol is approximately
10 mg/ml and approximately 25 mg/ml in DMSO and DMF. "

By ethanol I know they mean alcohol, but what type would you need for human consumption
I want to get off 76mg diazepam a day.
I want to transfer to flubromazepam as its legal, for now, and it will secure me a supply enough for me to taper off safely, provided I can find a solvent that will allow me to draw cuts in a syringe with numbers as small as 2 decimal places, for instance, if I am low down in my taper of flubromazepam and I want to use a 1mg marked, divided in to 100 units syringe, and make cuts of say, 0.02mg, right at the end of the taper.

As soon as I know that there is a solvent that is not toxic that i can dissolve flubromazepam in, I will transfer from diazepam to flubromazepam because I am fed up with worrying about diazepam supply, getting ripped off, and getting bunk msj diazepams floating round the uk.

If flubromazepam is soluble in vodka, like smirnoff, I would love it if someone could give me the maths, ie, how much vodka dissolves 4mg flubro, thanks.
thanks in advance

By ethanol I know they mean alcohol, but what type would you need for human consumption

The solubility figure provided will only make sense if you use 95% ethanol.

Presumably if you add water as a solvent it will decrease the solubility.

Maybe propylene glycol would be a good solvent.

If flubromazepam is soluble in vodka, like smirnoff, I would love it if someone could give me the maths, ie, how much vodka dissolves 4mg flubro, thanks.
thanks in advance

I don't think anyone can give you any number without performing an experiment, it's impossible to calculate solubility of flubromazepam in 40% aq. solution of ethanol knowing just solubility in ethanol. To measure 0.02mg precisely you will need a dilute solution anyway, so there shouldn't be a problem with finding a solvent. If I were you, I'd dilute the solution to 0.02mg/0.1ml, not less as measuring up lower volumes correctly may be problematic. That would give a 0.2mg/ml solution, so you should be able to use even vodka as your solvent or maybe even water, but you're going to need a fairly precise scale to weigh, say, 100mg and then dissolve it in 500ml of vodka. Well, that's hell of a lot of liquid. Would it stay good enough for use for a longer period of time? I doubt it. Even if you had a precise quantity soluble in say 1ml of 40% aq. ethanol, you can't be sure your saturated solution would have the same concentration after filtering undissolved solids, 10mg/ml and 25mg/ml are pretty rough approximations given there and I doubt you'll get more accurate numbers from the literature.

Anhydrous ethanol can be bought online without any lab credential AFAIK. I bought acetone NF (anhydrous acetone) online without furnishing any information. That was like seven years ago, though.

Thank you, is PG the same as ethanol, and would I need a certain percentage?
sorry for the ?'s but I am learning if im asking ?'s

I don't think anyone can give you any number without performing an experiment, it's impossible to calculate solubility of flubromazepam in 40% aq. solution of ethanol knowing just solubility in ethanol. To measure 0.02mg precisely you will need a dilute solution anyway, so there shouldn't be a problem with finding a solvent. If I were you, I'd dilute the solution to 0.02mg/0.1ml, not less as measuring up lower volumes correctly may be problematic. That would give a 0.2mg/ml solution, so you should be able to use even vodka as your solvent or maybe even water, but you're going to need a fairly precise scale to weigh, say, 100mg and then dissolve it in 500ml of vodka. Well, that's hell of a lot of liquid. Would it stay good enough for use for a longer period of time? I doubt it. Even if you had a precise quantity soluble in say 1ml of 40% aq. ethanol, you can't be sure your saturated solution would have the same concentration after filtering undissolved solids, 10mg/ml and 25mg/ml are pretty rough approximations given there and I doubt you'll get more accurate numbers from the literature.
Thanks, sounds like a lot of hard work though, and obtainin decent scales aint cheap either. I thikn i might stick to diaz lol