• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Unpleasant Cocaine A/B Extraction Surprise!

fifo_thekid

Greenlighter
So, I could get the Ammonia. I did exactly the following:
1- Dissolved 4g in about 50ml of water and filtered it with a cafe filter. After filtering I poured some more water and pressed the paper well to make sure that nococaine was left behind. I was left with so much insoluble crap that has no taste, smells like kerosene, and has orange color.
2- With a total of about 80ml of water with cocaine that looks semi clear, I diluted 28% ammonia to 10% and started dripping slowly, clouds started forming in the liquid. I continued mixing a little and dripping a little until the precipitation stopped and the liquid started smelling like ammonia. the pH at that time was around 8-9. I should have boiled the water before adding the ammonia but I forgot to do that.
3- Filtered the solution through coffee filter, and most of the whitish base got stuck in filter. This result was a million times better than with the sodium bicarbonate. Then I poured about 50ml of hexane into the beaker that I used for preparing the base to make sure that whatever was left behind is dissolved, and then washed the filter with hexane and squeezed it well into the beaker.
4- Added 20ml of water to the available 80ml of hexane, shacked well, then started moving the beaker in circular motion. Two layers were formed: the lower one had cloudy water (Levamisole?), and the upper one had clear hexane with cocaine base dissolved in it. Pulled the lower water layer with a syringe and threw it away. Then, I poured the hexane in a large transparent plate and put it on a boiled water path to accelerate the evaporation of hexane (evaporates at 68 degrees). Within minutes I was left with a plate full of white residue, and to my surprise, this super clean cocaine base had a high yield! At that moment I was so happy, especially when I smoked some and found that it was THE BEST CRACK/BASE I'VE EVER TASTED!
Then from here, everything went downhill....
5-Dissolved the base into 80ml of anhydrous acetone (although I had magnesium sulfate, but I was in a rush and I didn't want to wait for 4 hours for it to be dehumidified in order to remove all the water from acetone), when all the cocaine base was dissolved, I added some drops of 32% hydrochloric acid, mixed a little, waited, nothing happened! Added some more drops, mixed a little, waited for half an hour, and nothing happened!
Checked the pH, and it was below 1! So I added a little Everclear, mixed, waited for an hour, and still nothing! Only clear liquid.
I put the mix into a big plate and under the sun, until all the acetone was gone. I was left with a little water, HCL, and MOLTEN LITMUS PAPER!
Heated it in the oven, the the HCL was transformed into suffocating gas. Put it again in the microwave, and I was left with reddish sludge (red from the litmus paper!!). I tried scraping it, and to my surprise I found that the quantity now was much lower, although I didn't pass the liquid through any filter, and the final product was a mix of cocaine base AND cocaine HCL, wit about 50:50 ratio. However, the quality was so bad as it still had molten paper and HCL...aaaaaaaaaaaaand it went to the trash :'(
Next I'm trying to follow everything up to step 4, taking care of my previous mistakes, but in step 5 I'd make a 1:2 mix of HCL and hexane and add it to anhydrous acetone completely dried.....

Any Advice would be appreciated

Buy better girl!

Do you have experience extracting with this method? Any other methods? Have you cooked (rocked) before with baking soda? Why did you continue after you got it to the "best base ever" point?

1- It's my first experiment
2- There are some other methods online but for me this one seems the best. I just messed up the last step.
3- Yes I did. The result was messy and the conversion was not complete like with ammonia. For some reason I had dark brown base instead of the whitish one I'm having now!
4- Because I wanted to make Cocaine HCL for insufflation. Cocaine base is only good for smoking.

Last edited:
Hi Fifo,

The problem might have been water in the acteone - you said you rushed and did not dry it (the acetone)?
- so you add the HCl and the base turns to salt - but stays in solution (dissolved in the tiny amount of water in the acetone) rather than precipitating.
The fact that you recovered a mix of base and HCl by subsequent evaporation supports this theory also.

I think you came to the same conclusion yourself at the end of your post.

Otherwise great - the Base-in-Hexane washed with water should remove Levamisole.
You can also use chloroform in place of the Hexane if you like - evaporates easily later.

Now here's a question - can you skip a step?
1) Dissolve base in Hexane
2) Wash with water
3) Let it settle completely and remove ALL the water - ideally with a separating funnel but sucking it out of the corner of a beaker will do too maybe.
4) Add Conc. HCl directly to the base-in-hexane solution and precipitate cocaine-HCl from there.
- maybe add a small amount of acetone (dry of course) to help the aqueous HCl "mix" with the hexane enough to react the base to salt.

This is a question not a tested suggestion!

Finally a real question for you - do you know the solubility of Levamisole-HCl in Chloroform?
Since Cocaine-HCl dissolves in chloroform at 1g/12.5ml and levamisole-HCl is "slightly soluble" in chloroform it might be possible to at least reduce the levamisole content - but only if "slightly soluble" means a lot less than 1g/12.5ml... this number seems elusive however....