• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Unorthodox way to lower your tolerance...

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
Lose weight! Seriously. I recently went from 140 to 107 and I get high of 2/3 of what I used to.
I makes sense since the toxic dose of anything is given to you in mg/kg because the less you weight the more something effects you. Even how many calories you have recently eaten (calories, not how empty your stomach is) effects how much you feel the drugs.
I lost it pretty rapidly so you might not notice if the loss was very gradual.
If my weight loss significantly lowered my tolerance imagine if you were really heavy and lost a bunch of weight?
I'm certainly going to make sure I keep losing.

Not sure if this is the healthiest way to go about doing things considering rapid weight loss very taxing on the body but then again you did say “unorthodox” so At least your title isn’t misleading

Not sure if this is the healthiest way to go about doing things considering rapid weight loss very taxing on the body but then again you did say “unorthodox” so At least your title isn’t misleading

I meant do add that obviously if you are already underweight or have chronic medical issues I wouldn't recommend this.

Lose weight! Seriously. I recently went from 140 to 107 and I get high of 2/3 of what I used to.
I makes sense since the toxic dose of anything is given to you in mg/kg because the less you weight the more something effects you. Even how many calories you have recently eaten (calories, not how empty your stomach is) effects how much you feel the drugs.
If my weight loss significantly lowered my tolerance imagine if you were really heavy and lost a bunch of weight?
just remember, at some point your body and metabolism is going to rebound if you start eating normally again. Your metabolism revvs down greatly when you put your body through starvation. In the long run this might end up making you put on even more weight than what you had before..the only healthy way to lose weight and keep it off is exercise and a long term diet change..the diet change not including starvation. Your DNA is there to dictate your "factory default" body settings..so whatever your average weight seems to be, it will always want to come back to that weight eventually. This is dubbed..your base weight.

I've never had a default weight. I have never maintained an even vaguely consistent set weight. I've had an eating disorder since I was 11 so my weight has always either been going up or down, never ever staying the same. I lost the weight this time due to somewhat relapsing with anorexia. I never did that whole "gain it back and more" thing. At my heaviest my BMI was 30.03 and then got to my lowest at 12.8. I've repeatedly recovered and gained to a healthy weight and then relapsed again, but even during my longest period of recovery where I was pretty much eating whatever I wanted, whenever I felt like it, but my BMI has never been above 19.5 again.
I go through periods of amphetamine use if my metabolism slows down a significant amount. That's how I got into drugs actually. I saw Requiem for a Dream and decided to use amphetamine sulphate to help me not eat and I then added xanax to sleep at night.

I've never had a default weight. I have never maintained an even vaguely consistent set weight. I've had an eating disorder since I was 11 so my weight has always either been going up or down, never ever staying the same. I lost the weight this time due to somewhat relapsing with anorexia. I never did that whole "gain it back and more" thing. At my heaviest my BMI was 30.03 and then got to my lowest at 12.8. I've repeatedly recovered and gained to a healthy weight and then relapsed again, but even during my longest period of recovery where I was pretty much eating whatever I wanted, whenever I felt like it, but my BMI has never been above 19.5 again.
I go through periods of amphetamine use if my metabolism slows down a significant amount. That's how I got into drugs actually. I saw Requiem for a Dream and decided to use amphetamine sulphate to help me not eat and I then added xanax to sleep at night.
Well, that is certainly to be expected with drug use..when i get heavy into drug use, especially with stimulants, my body reacts very strongly and my new base weight becomes very low..about 130-140 on average. When I'm eating right and working out and not using as many drugs, i stay anywhere between 180-200, 210 on the very top end..

But just be aware that at some point if you want to stabilize your lifestyle and be healthy, you will want to start eating right and be consistent with it. It is unfortunately a road filled with mental illness and terrible mood swings and breakdown of physical health as well when you ride this rollercoaster. Stabilizing your diet with exercise also stabilizes you as an individual.

Sorry my friend, but what you've said regarding caloric intake is really not an accurate statement :( It's true that stomach content can delay the onset/t-max of a given drug if taken orally, but it's not like if you eat a ham sandwich your normal dosage of Heroin will kill you or something. I get what you're saying about losing weight and this is a great thing, as the majority of Americans are overweight to an extent that will effect their health and lifespan. That's great.

The issue with losing weight, as you say, is that for the vast majority of people, this weight loss is going to occur at such a gradual rate that the individual in question is likely to completely normalize their dosage at every interval. Does that make sense? It's not likely and/or possible to just wake up having lost 30lbs and now requiring an accordingly lower dose. The science is there, of course, but I think you can see that this is a little out there ;)